TEAM SHELBY FORUM

dash plaque question

03SVTCOBRA

yup i just got back and sure enough it says at the bottom GT-H

KEEP IT! Goofs like that are sometimes the things that make a positive impact on value. If nothing else it's a conversation point.

bj

When I was at the 85th B-day bash, I saw a GT-H that Randy (Frydguy) had rented. Then dash plaque was some sort of print type, like a sticker. Not an engraving like that one.

Comments anyone?

It's just a temporary dash plaque while the vehicle is in rental mode. You get the real one when you buy it.

Looks like the person that stamped the CSM grabbed from the wrong bin or someone threw a GT-H plaque in the GT bin.

Funny conversation piece but I don't think anything more than that, but who am I! From the looks of things by the time any of these cars are worth serious money, if ever, we'll be long gone. I would get the correct plate and keep the other away for a good story.

Very unique. I will echo others and request a correct dash plaque but keep this one. I would leave the original one on the car. This will be a peice of history unique to your car. The GT-H which I own has a sticker dash plaque while it was a rental. Original first owners get a new plaque from Shelby once registered. Not as nice as the SGT plaque. Many of us are also leaving the sticker (original plaque) on the car and keeping the one sent by Shelby for safe keeping.

Either way enjoy.

Wow, that is pretty cool. Like somebody mentioned before, when they were making the plaques, the wrong one may have been grabbed. I will check on it today and see what I can find out. I do know, if we were to issue a new plaque, we would HAVE to have the old one back before we would send out the new one. I'm not sure what I would do if that were my vehicle.

Again, I will check this out and find out what can be done.

Bud

I surprised nobody has suggested to get it re-striped gold as a GT-H then have a one of one!

you beat me to it.

that would be unique. white SGT with gold stripes...

nah...it would look like a TV evangelist's car

maybe paint it black, then put gold stripes on it.

IMHO...I think you guys who suggest that this flub will enhance value down the road, take a step back?

Imagine yourself wanting to buy a mint SGT, and listen to the flub stories of mixed up dash plaques and engine plates that don't match.

Would you pay more? Or, continue looking for an SGT without such a screwed up history?

I would keep looking, but that's just me.

IMHO...I think you guys who suggest that this flub will enhance value down the road, take a step back?

Imagine yourself wanting to buy a mint SGT, and listen to the flub stories of mixed up dash plaques and engine plates that don't match.

Would you pay more? Or, continue looking for an SGT without such a screwed up history?

I would keep looking, but that's just me.

I kinda respectfully disagree with that. Just from watching Barrett-Jackson auctions, I have seen cars with documented history/stories go for more than other cars without the stories. This feature does make it one of a kind.

I do however think it is imperative that it's done through the dealership or SAI for proof. It's definitely not going to hurt because if he gets another plaque through SAI and he replaces it then what is lost or hurts the value of the car? No one would even know.

Well, it was definately a misprint, but it does happen. There is no way to officially document it becuase it was misprinted--not a prototype or anything. But, if the owner was smart ;) he would print out all of this thread and the email I sent him and keep it with the car :yahoo: And if it were my car, I know what I would do :happy feet: :bandance: :speedie:

Bud

ps. Would it increase the value of the vehicle? Only time will tell

Archived