TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Atlanta Area Show n Shine

young768

A local Ford Dealer here in the Atlanta Area has offered to sponsor a Shelby and Mustang Show n Shine. They are willing to provide secure space for the cars, food, and door prizes. I am willing to co-ordinate this if anyone is interested in getting a bunch of Shelby's and Mustangs together for a great time. The date is still to be determined but the target is a Saturday in April.

Any Interest? Please post or contact me via PM or email.

Robert Young

young768@bellsouth.net

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

THE SHOW IS ON!!!! Saturday June 7th, 2008 10am - 4pm

Come on out and enjoy the fun at this brand new event at Jim Tidwell Ford in Kennesaw,GA (Town Center Mall Area)! There will be free food, door prizes and a great opportunity to meet other Mustang owners. This is a popular vote event with awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd plus a Pick of Show awarded by Jim Tidwell Ford. Gates open at 10:00am with registration from 10:00am till Noon. Trophies will be awarded at 4pm.

Contact Robert Young via PM or email young768@bellsouth.net if you have any questions.

Register online at WWW.JIMTIDWELLSHOW.COM.

I will participate. Let us know when and where.

A local Ford Dealer here in the Atlanta Area has offered to sponsor a Shelby and Mustang Show n Shine. They are willing to provide secure space for the cars, food, and door prizes. I am willing to co-ordinate this if anyone is interested in getting a bunch of Shelby's and Mustangs together for a great time. The date is still to be determined but the target is a Saturday in April.

Any Interest? Please post or contact me via PM or email.

Robert Young

young768@bellsouth.net

• 3 weeks later...

All, this is a great start! I spoke with the Ford dealer today, Jim Tidwell in Marietta, to confirm that there is interest and we want to make this happen. Right now we are looking to target a date in May instead of April. I am also a member of the Georgia Regional Mustang Club and I am going to see if I can get the club to provide some additional support for this.

I confirmed with Jim Tidwell that they have agreed to provide food and door prizes. I am hoping to have the GRMC to provide some sort of judging and trophies.

Some of you have offered to help, as I get more things lined up, I will definitely contact you. In the meantime, if you can get the word out to anyone you know with a Shelby or other Mustang that would be interested. Also, if you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

Robert

All, this is a great start! I spoke with the Ford dealer today, Jim Tidwell in Marietta, to confirm that there is interest and we want to make this happen. Right now we are looking to target a date in May instead of April. I am also a member of the Georgia Regional Mustang Club and I am going to see if I can get the club to provide some additional support for this.

I confirmed with Jim Tidwell that they have agreed to provide food and door prizes. I am hoping to have the GRMC to provide some sort of judging and trophies.

Some of you have offered to help, as I get more things lined up, I will definitely contact you. In the meantime, if you can get the word out to anyone you know with a Shelby or other Mustang that would be interested. Also, if you have any suggestions or ideas, please let me know.

Thanks!

Robert

Robert,

I am in. Let me know what I can do to help. Just joined MCA and will be joining GRMC, as well. I'm located in Alpharetta.

Hi Everyone,

This is fantastic, interest is growing fast!! I have a meeting with the GM at Tidwell Ford on Monday to finalize some details. May is a busy month for a lot of car shows including the Mall of GA show on the 3rd which I plan on attending. I will hopefully have a final date after our Monday meeting, but it could slip into June. I will keep everyone updated, in the mean time, spread the word.

I lookf forward to meeting everyone!!!

Robert

Count me in...I'll see if I can get my Dad to bring out my old 66 Mustang Conv.

MAY is better than April for me...might not be able to stay entire day, but will come for some with my son...he would get a kick out of it!!

Hi Robert, Sounds great even though it is a bit far for me to travel. I will be happy to offer a few tid bits and advice for putting on a Car Show. If you are doing a 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Trophies, it can get pretty costly. To help with the cost, find some "Trophy Sponsors", Local Businesses that donate Money to pay for Trophies for a few of the Classes and in return, thier Names go on the Trophies as the Sponsor of that Class. I hope you have a great Show.

David.

I want to invite everyone out to our Mall of Georgia Mustang and Ford show. Our event is on May 3, 2008 at the Mall of Georgia Ford dealership not the mall itself. The SVT Cobra Club has been doing shows in the Atlanta area since 2000 and we invite you all to come out and enjoy the event with us.

This would be a great opportunity for you all to learn about how to put on a show and I'd be happy to show you all the logistics for doing so. The show plaques are supposed to be in the shape of the state of GA so they will be unique then a standard rectangular plaque. The dealership provides free food, door prizes, and we have tons of merchandise we sell at the show. We do a 50/50 and raffle prizes. We have our own judging sheets for scoring and all new judges are happily accepted! :)

Last year we donated $1,000.00 to St Jude Children's Hospital of which part of that money was raised through this event.

Cost to preregister is $10.00 or $20.00 after the April 15, 2008. There is a separate class just for the new Shelby Mustangs.

You can download a form by clicking here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/200...egistration.pdf

Find out more about the SCMC and our events by going to our website at www.svtcobraclub.com

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Robert, Sounds great even though it is a bit far for me to travel. I will be happy to offer a few tid bits and advice for putting on a Car Show. If you are doing a 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place Trophies, it can get pretty costly. To help with the cost, find some "Trophy Sponsors", Local Businesses that donate Money to pay for Trophies for a few of the Classes and in return, thier Names go on the Trophies as the Sponsor of that Class. I hope you have a great Show.

David.

Hey, Robert.

Since Tidwell Ford is not too far from my office, I might be interested in Sponsoring some of the trophies...I hope that's not a conflict of interest since I'll have one or two cars out there, but it would be great advertising for me and my business....it falls right in line with our hobby since I own a State Farm Agency just up the road.

I can't shoot the moon, but would be happy to see what the cost is for something like the trophies. When you have more details, PM me and I'll give you my contact info.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone in May...thanks for taking the bull by the horns to organize this function!!

AndyGJ.

Come on out and enjoy the fun at this brand new event at Jim Tidwell Ford in Kennesaw,GA (Town Center Mall Area)! There will be free food, door prizes and a great opportunity to meet other Mustang owners. This is a popular vote event with awards for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd plus a Pick of Show awarded by Jim Tidwell Ford. Gates open at 10:00am with registration from 10:00am till Noon. Trophies will be awarded at 4pm.

Contact Robert Young via PM or email young768@bellsouth.net if you have any questions.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Who else is gonna be there this weekend?

PIG is and i think MM said he'll be there if it doesn't rain. Same with me no rain and i'll be there.

Right now I have about 20 cars registered and about 10 others who have said they will be there. Pig and MM have already registered and the weather forecast is looking good!

Hi Everyone,

The show at Jim Tidwell Ford was a HUGE SUCCESS!!!! Thanks to everyone for coming out and participating. I know it was a very hot day but everyone I spoke with told me how much fun they had and how great it was to finally have a show on this side of Atlanta. We had more cars than we ever expected, at final count we had 50 cars which filled up the entire front lot, and the quality of the cars was top notch. There was a little bit of everything, all kinds of Mustangs. Yes, I will post Pics soon!!!!! 100% of the entrance fee that was paid is being donated to Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta which totals $500, Thank You!!!

I owe a great deal of Thanks to Steve Smith, General Manager of Jim Tidwell Ford, for allowing us to use the space and for Jim Tidwell Ford paying for the trophies, all the food and drinks for everyone, and the music. What a great time we all had!!!!

Stay tuned as we are woking to hold an even bigger show this fall, sometime in October, which will be a fully judged show with trophies for each car class.

Thanks Again to Everyone who came out!!!!! I know I had a great time and can't wait to do it again!!!!

Robert

BTW: Michael Morris brought his Super Snake, THAT WAS COOL!!!

Thanks a lot for putting this on, Robert! I had a great time seeing people and putting names to faces...and all the sweet rides! Maybe it'll be a little cooler in October.

Here's some pics I took at the show....I never seem to get enough.

07 NAJA's vert. He's got a nice lil setup. He made the trek up from FL, and took home a trophy and the long distance award.

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

Michael Morris's Super Snake. Those wheels look so much better in person...just mean.

IMG_0011.jpg

And a few other nice rides. I drooled over the Mystichrome Cobra for a while...definitely one of my top 3 favorite Mustangs.

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Can't wait for the next one!

Archived