TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Reaction at cruise nite

Pony Ride

I was surprised that the car did not get that much attention. With high heat we have had lately there was only about 1\3 of the cars there. It wasn`t till I opened the hood that there was a gang wanting to look at the mill. I was asked why there were no stripes on the car and how much did it cost. Next Sunday there is a large all day event in a park at Niagara-on-the-lake. Going early to find a big shade tree to park under. Hopefuly one with out dripping sap.

I was surprised that the car did not get that much attention. With high heat we have had lately there was only about 1\3 of the cars there. It wasn`t till I opened the hood that there was a gang wanting to look at the mill. I was asked why there were no stripes on the car and how much did it cost. Next Sunday there is a large all day event in a park at Niagara-on-the-lake. Going early to find a big shade tree to park under. Hopefuly one with out dripping sap.

I am not sure even informed car enthusiasts know that these cars have started to hit the streets?

Having said that, I think the general population does not know a thing about it. A rec'd an unfavorable comment just the other day about why I would spend so much money on a "Mustang".......

I am not sure even informed car enthusiasts know that these cars have started to hit the streets?

Having said that, I think the general population does not know a thing about it. A rec'd an unfavorable comment just the other day about why I would spend so much money on a "Mustang".......

I was in Orillia yesterday for a carwash. I was approached by a Guy with a lowered and mean sounding 04' GT. He came over with a handshake and introduced himself. He was well informed about the Shelby asking a lot of questions asking for me to pop the hood. At that point I started to notice the curious eyes lookiing over and strolls by to take a look. Later on I drove out to Wasaga Beach for 2 'drive bys' past the beach. The scenery was Fantastic! ;) There was a lot of positive reaction shown, mainly by young guys and the Mustang crowd that was there. Cell phone and digital camera's were snaping. A few sticking their heads through the passenger window as I was driving. Later that evening I went into Barrie for the Saturday cruise night at Burger King. Mostly Custom Hotrods and 60's Muscle hang out. However, I found two S197s sitting together so I pulled up in between the two of them. The owners were on to me right away. Good Guys. Popped the hood and a small crowd appeared for the half hour or so that I was there. It was a good reaction.

Later on when I got home and jumped on the computer the Guy that I'd met in Orillia had posted on the GTAMC.com website that he'd met me and saw the car and was impressed.

http://www.gtamc.com/forums/showthread.php...ighlight=shelby

One poster responded, "Did the sheer weight of it crush the pavement where it was parked?"

Oh well, not everyone's a fan!

By the way, 614HSO to answer Your previous question, I was born in Quebec and grew up in Verdun. We packed it up when I was 20 and went to Ontario.

Je suis Anglais. Mon francais est faible. Montreal Rocks!! :rockon:

I was in Orillia yesterday for a carwash. I was approached by a Guy with a lowered and mean sounding 04' GT. He came over with a handshake and introduced himself. He was well informed about the Shelby asking a lot of questions asking for me to pop the hood. At that point I started to notice the curious eyes lookiing over and strolls by to take a look. Later on I drove out to Wasaga Beach for 2 'drive bys' past the beach. The scenery was Fantastic! ;) There was a lot of positive reaction shown, mainly by young guys and the Mustang crowd that was there. Cell phone and digital camera's were snaping. A few sticking their heads through the passenger window as I was driving. Later that evening I went into Barrie for the Saturday cruise night at Burger King. Mostly Custom Hotrods and 60's Muscle hang out. However, I found two S197s sitting together so I pulled up in between the two of them. The owners were on to me right away. Good Guys. Popped the hood and a small crowd appeared for the half hour or so that I was there. It was a good reaction.

Later on when I got home and jumped on the computer the Guy that I'd met in Orillia had posted on the GTAMC.com website that he'd met me and saw the car and was impressed.

One poster responded, "Did the sheer weight of it crush the pavement where it was parked?"

By the way, 614HSO to answer Your previous question, I was born in Quebec and grew up in Verdun. We packed it up when I was 20 and went to Ontario.

I Grew up On the West Island!

Had the whole Montreal family here for the weekend! Everyone asking me where my car was :wacko:

At this point it can't be soon enough!

Have you had any issues filling her up...I read some interesting posts that FORD never resolved the sensor?

Barry

Re: the non-fan.........

He must be from the 'I wish I could own one club' F him

Barry

Wow that's three of us here now!

Have you had any issues filling her up...I read some interesting posts that FORD never resolved the sensor?

Barry

No issues on fill up Barry. I'll keep an eye on it.

Re: the non-fan.........

He must be from the 'I wish I could own one club' F him

I did Lello! ;)

Wow that's three of us here now!

No issues on fill up Barry. I'll keep an eye on it.

I did Lello! ;)

That's cool!

Requis where did you go to school? Almost scared to find out! I knew a few people in Verdunn but not too much

Moved to Ontario twice once in T.O. in 1991, (Woman.....) moved back to Montreal, (without the woman) in 1993, and came up here in 2000.

Nothing but nothing, beats the bike path down in old Montreal on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

I am sure the scenery was hot in Wasaga Beach, but man spandex was designed for those girls in Old Montreal.....

Pete

Had the whole Montreal family here for the weekend! Everyone asking me where my car was :wacko:

At this point it can't be soon enough!

Barry

As English Montrealer's I am sure you guys have seen this before but it is always good to see it again.

You would have had to live there to understand it all but what a cool place........

IamNotCanadian1_1.wmv

IamNotCanadian1_1.wmv

What a difference a week makes! We had a record 146 cars at the cruise this week and lots of people looking at the Shelby. Had a few that just did not want to leave. Many said thet did not think the car was out yet. A couple from Florida said there were none in there area and could not believe they were here in Canada already. When we get a few more cars in southern Ontario will have to make the trip to local cruises so we can be together.

What a difference a week makes! We had a record 146 cars at the cruise this week and lots of people looking at the Shelby. Had a few that just did not want to leave. Many said thet did not think the car was out yet. A couple from Florida said there were none in there area and could not believe they were here in Canada already. When we get a few more cars in southern Ontario will have to make the trip to local cruises so we can be together.

:bandance:

Cruise is a great idea, keep me posted. My buddy and I hope to get ours soon, dealer delivered their 1st, 2, 3, & 4 coming this month. We're 7 & 8........................hopefully Sept/October..............just in time for a few cruises and then winter again. Blah !!!!

What cruise are you speaking about Maple View??

What cruise are you speaking about Maple View??

Maple view gets I think close to 300 cars and that one is Wednesdays. The one I go to is gate way cruise at Casablanca and the Q.E.W in Grimsby. I am going to try and make Maple view some nite.

Maple view gets I think close to 300 cars and that one is Wednesdays. The one I go to is gate way cruise at Casablanca and the Q.E.W in Grimsby. I am going to try and make Maple view some nite.

lLet me know by e-mail if you go . THANKS

That's cool!

Requis where did you go to school? Almost scared to find out! I knew a few people in Verdunn but not too much

Moved to Ontario twice once in T.O. in 1991, (Woman.....) moved back to Montreal, (without the woman) in 1993, and came up here in 2000.

Nothing but nothing, beats the bike path down in old Montreal on a sunny Sunday afternoon.

I am sure the scenery was hot in Wasaga Beach, but man spandex was designed for those girls in Old Montreal.....

Pete

Born in Lachine, Raised in Dollard, before high School moved to Newmaket and went to Huron Heights. Moved back to Montreal and went to Concordia met my wife and moved back to Ontario.

Love going back...allthough I'd be scared to drive my Shelby there...the Roads are a mess!

Barry

Pete

My Summer Job while in Montreal going to University was the Pedal Boat Manager at the old Port. My Friends nick named me Pedalo!, no finer aspiration than to chase down chicks in a pedal boat. The amount of women that came though was sick, especially when they moved the just for Laughs festival down to the old port!

ahhh the good old days...

Barry

Where's the Maple view cruise, I'd be interested I'm number 6 on the list at my Dealer and being told September / October. Would these things still be going on around that time frame?

Requis

Born in Lachine, Raised in Dollard, before high School moved to Newmaket and went to Huron Heights. Moved back to Montreal and went to Concordia met my wife and moved back to Ontario.

Love going back...allthough I'd be scared to drive my Shelby there...the Roads are a mess!

Barry

My Summer Job while in Montreal going to University was the Pedal Boat Manager at the old Port. My Friends nick named me Pedalo!, no finer aspiration than to chase down chicks in a pedal boat. The amount of women that came though was sick, especially when they moved the just for Laughs festival down to the old port!

Barry

Where's the Maple view cruise, I'd be interested I'm number 6 on the list at my Dealer and being told September / October. Would these things still be going on around that time frame?

Requis

Maple view cruise is held every Wednesday 6:00 to 9:00 p:m @ Maple View Plaza in Burlington .

They nomally have 2to3 hundred cars should get there early for a decent spot

Barry

Barry

Requis

That is too much! I grew up in Pierrefonds, so Dollard was a regular stamping ground! But you might have hit the road by then..... Montreal roads were never great, I am there maybe five or six times a year between business and pleasure. It's never dull that's for sure!

My car is due in on Monday next week, will be hauling it back home if all the nasty e-mails about ADM don't make me snap and cancel the whole deal. If all goes well, I will be travelling back up North on Monday P.M. or Tuesday A.M.

Pete

That is too much! I grew up in Pierrefonds, so Dollard was a regular stamping ground! But you might have hit the road by then..... Montreal roads were never great, I am there maybe five or six times a year between business and pleasure. It's never dull that's for sure!

My car is due in on Monday next week, will be hauling it back home if all the nasty e-mails about ADM don't make me snap and cancel the whole deal. If all goes well, I will be travelling back up North on Monday P.M. or Tuesday A.M.

Pete

Hauling home? Where did you Buy Pete?

Dave.

Hauling home? Where did you Buy Pete?

Dave.

Bought at Oakridge in London, they cannot define the delivery date. I will haul her back on a trailer behind the Sierra HD, as airplane tickets with Air Canada suck on last minute purchase.

Rec'd an update this afternoon produced!

We are just waiting for an update on delivery to Oakridge. (We live in Sudbury).

Closest SVT dealer to the Great White North is Mississauga, so I opted for London as I have family there.

Pete

07 Shelby

Hows the car Dave - I think I seen a post of yours somewhere where you stated that you loved ever mile that you have put on it so far ?

Can you give us soon to be owners any tips / advise on how the car drives and reacts ? hows the interior and the grade of leather used on the seats ? Is it comfortable ?

Any input appreciated, thanks

Rod

Archived