TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who watched Knight Rider?

txcobra

I watched it. First thing that comes to mind is the 80s version was better, but then again, everything was cheesy in the 80s too. Anyways I was, 6 or 7 when they aired the re-runs so my standards weren't very high back then, and a 200mph trans am was hot $$$hit LOL.

We'll see if they turn it into a show.

I watched it. I think it was just slightly better than the original. just slightly.

dont tell anyone, but i would watch it if the series continues :)

Looks to me like Ford trying to sell their cars, most of the cars used were fords. Also many ads were all plugs for Ford. I do think It's a bit cheesy also.

I thought it was pretty bad. Acting sucked, story was sad, KITT having to be "on" to be bullet proof blows, they riced the hell out of the car at times. All of that and the thing that bugged me the most was how hard it was to lose the bad guys on the mountain road in the SUV. Shit - put me on that road and I'll blow away a ford edge or what ever it was. Wouldn't need a truck to block the road in that chase I'd be long gone :)

Yet my son stayed up to watch the first hour and was amazed by the ability of the car to change colors. He didn mention that it always becomes black to go fast (not bad for a 3 yr old to have the answer to the fastest color already figured out). We will watch again since it is still a GT500 and there is nothing on to watch instead :)

The KITT voice is annoying I thought. Where's Bonnie?

I liked it. And you could tell everyone. I dont see any golden globe nominations but truth be told out side of Mcqueen Bullitt had some horrible acting as well.

I love how the tahoe got destroyed at the end and the Shelby got off scott free. You know its a ford sponsored program after seeing that for sure.

pretty cheesy, just like the original :hysterical2:

guess that's why I stayed glued to the set the whole time it was on. :happy feet: :happy feet:

did anyone really expect any different from a show with a talking car?? :waiting:

make sure you get your entries in for the car drawing at their website. You can enter 4 times before tomorrow evening.

My son thought is was cool so that's all that matters. He now knows what KR stands for! It will give us something to watch together so it is cool with me as well. I am really liking the KR hood. The flat black stripes are really growing on me as well. So are the Alcoas.

I thought it was pretty bad. Acting sucked, story was sad, KITT having to be "on" to be bullet proof blows, they riced the hell out of the car at times. All of that and the thing that bugged me the most was how hard it was to lose the bad guys on the mountain road in the SUV. Shit - put me on that road and I'll blow away a ford edge or what ever it was. Wouldn't need a truck to block the road in that chase I'd be long gone :)

I thought the same thing... hmmm, can't lose a stupid Ford Edge?? L-A-M-E!!

Yet my son stayed up to watch the first hour and was amazed by the ability of the car to change colors. He didn mention that it always becomes black to go fast (not bad for a 3 yr old to have the answer to the fastest color already figured out). We will watch again since it is still a GT500 and there is nothing on to watch instead :)

My 6 year old son was the same way... he noticed when it was a "black snake car" vs. in camo mode of a std GT. He even said, "the charger-whiner (SC) sounds kinda like yours Dad... but yours is louder." :happy feet:

The KITT voice is annoying I thought. Where's Bonnie?

Voice sucked!! Get rid of Val Killmer!! Sounded like he was asleep while doing his lines. :doh:

Watched about the last 1/2 hour, my son recorded it on dvr so if I get time I will watch from the beginning. Everytime I see that GT500 KR I love the looks since seeing it in person at the auto show. I could do without the goofy wing deal on the show it looks it's baddest when it appears stock!

I think it is a hoot so far (in progress here on the left coast). Just entertainment after all and the car is pretty cool -- even the sounds, which include the Whipple spooling up, are good. Maybe I'm just easy to please. Jim

It definitely had some cheesy parts and the acting was pretty bad. Somehow I think that all the non GT500 lovers out there will fail to appreciate the show as much as I did....but it will now be what I look forward to on Sundays!

Hey there,

Watched part of it - about the first hour (ended up falling asleep part way through the show - I have to get up EARLY for work) :) Its recorded though so I will probably watch what I missed tonight :)

Acting leaves a little to be desired, but hey - all in all it wasnt THAT bad :) Dont really care for the V6 rear wing on the car though (personal preference) - would prefer the GT500 wing. Not sure I liked the HUGE wing as part of the transformation either. All in all - an okay show. Will probably set it up to record automatically on Sundays :)

Page

The "2 CHICKS IN BED WITH MIKE" and the "LESBIAN SUGGESTIVE" scene were definitely NOT appropriate. I loved the rest of the show, and was hoping to be able to watch it with my kids. But with totally unnecessary stuff like that stuck in just for ratings I won't let my kids watch it. That's too bad. It had nothing to do with the rest of the show, and I wish they would have left those 2 scenes out. Just my .02

The "2 CHICKS IN BED WITH MIKE" and the "LESBIAN SUGGESTIVE" scene were definitely NOT appropriate. I loved the rest of the show, and was hoping to be able to watch it with my kids. But with totally unnecessary stuff like that stuck in just for ratings I won't let my kids watch it. That's too bad. It had nothing to do with the rest of the show, and I wish they would have left those 2 scenes out. Just my .02

I thought those were the best parts of the show! (along with the car :hysterical: )

:happy feet:

I think that it would have been a little better to still have the tires break loose when the SUV Tahoe smashed into it, it could have still totalled the SUV, but still been a bit better- to be honest I was on morphine through most of it and am pretty loopy now...I dont think I missed any deep hidden plots or meanings all the same.

It was cool to see a GT500KR in action though-

But guys, I TOTALLY agree with the mountain roads chase scene crtiticism! I was yelling at the TV, and the nurse came in and told me I had to control myself or she would have to make me watch americas next top model! :hysterical:

I would have been 100 miles ahead of that moron in the "pacifica" or whatever the heck it was.

With me that depends completely on what it's opposite of and if "FORD WHORES OUT THE SHOW". Ok, I get it. FORD is a proud sponsor. :headspin:

:hysterical2: Agreed.............

Notice the car was pegged "GT 500 KR MUSTANG"????????

No referance to "SHELBY". WHATS UP WITH THAT????????????? :finger:

I saw it and enjoyed it thoroughly. It was basically Mustang/Shelby pr0n, and I loved it.

The plot and the acting were good enough, nothing too deep, and not as cheesey as the original, but definitely had the same 'feel' to it.

Wouldn't mind seeing this as a weekly series.

Archived