TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT500 - Cursed? :)

walc

I feel your pain. :cry:

From what I've read, on this forum, the clamp design is defective or unsuitable for the application.

The good news is that mine was fixed, in a day, and it's running fine 500 miles and 2 weeks later.

Good luck! :)

Well I'm just home from the dealer driving an F-150 :mad: . They told me it wasn't a clamp issue. A hose from the water pump where it slips on seems to have a leak and they don't have one in stock and none of the surrounding dealers do either. They found one in D.C. and could possible have it tommorow morning. They didn't want me to drive the car and I didn't want to either. Leaving it with the dealer was the lesser of two evils :cry:

Well I'm just home from the dealer driving an F-150 :mad: . They told me it wasn't a clamp issue. A hose from the water pump where it slips on seems to have a leak and they don't have one in stock and none of the surrounding dealers do either. They found one in D.C. and could possible have it tommorow morning. They didn't want me to drive the car and I didn't want to either. Leaving it with the dealer was the lesser of two evils :cry:

So the hose came in today and when I called in the afternoon, the svc manager tells me the tech is working on it but he may not finish by 5:00. Then he calls me ten minutes later and says the tech says there is a pressed in fitting on the water pump where the hose connects that looks to be seated incorrectly and they want to replace the pump so they don't have a problem after replacing the hose. Of course they don't have the pump and they put it on "emergency" order. Might be here in two days according to the mngr. Probably won't see the car till next week. This really sucks.

So the hose came in today and when I called in the afternoon, the svc manager tells me the tech is working on it but he may not finish by 5:00. Then he calls me ten minutes later and says the tech says there is a pressed in fitting on the water pump where the hose connects that looks to be seated incorrectly and they want to replace the pump so they don't have a problem after replacing the hose. Of course they don't have the pump and they put it on "emergency" order. Might be here in two days according to the mngr. Probably won't see the car till next week. This really sucks.

Dealer called me at 5:30 tonight and tells me the car is ready. Picked it up and it was raining real hard. All seems well except when drying it off I noticed a few marks on the top bumper. I can't feel anything when rubbing my hand over them so maybe they can be buffed out? I'm not going to bring it back for that cause with my luck something else will get messed up. Anyone know any product that works to get light scratches or mars out? The service ticket says that the hose has six connections and the svc manager said he's never seen a hose like that. That comment instilled a lot of confidence.

Dealer called me at 5:30 tonight and tells me the car is ready. Picked it up and it was raining real hard. All seems well except when drying it off I noticed a few marks on the top bumper. I can't feel anything when rubbing my hand over them so maybe they can be buffed out? I'm not going to bring it back for that cause with my luck something else will get messed up. Anyone know any product that works to get light scratches or mars out? The service ticket says that the hose has six connections and the svc manager said he's never seen a hose like that. That comment instilled a lot of confidence.

I made a deep (can feel) scratch on my rear bumper loading some gear in the trunk and found Meguiar Scratch X as the fix all. Clean the area well so as not to introduce more scratches. Grab a stool, turn on some tunes, use a Microtex (yellow) polishing rag you can get at Walmart, and apply a small amount on the rag and the scratch. Rub the length of the scratch, back and forward for a few hours (at least that what it took me to totally eliminate the scratch). Might be less for you. You feel like nothing is happening until the temp rises and stablizes due to the constant fiction, then it will fade away. Literally gone and it doesn't fade your paint, and I have a black car that show everything. Patience is everything my friend. Good luck.

The scratch X is great!!!!

I had a similar mark on the top of my front bumper, I only applied it twice and spent maybe 5 min rubbuing back and forth and while the scratch is not gone, you really really have to look to see it though. Anotherwords only I can see it I bet.

I highly recommend that product. Also I imagine if you have a porter cable at home with some menzera polish and white rag, it will def be gone!

The scratch X is great!!!!

I had a similar mark on the top of my front bumper, I only applied it twice and spent maybe 5 min rubbuing back and forth and while the scratch is not gone, you really really have to look to see it though. Anotherwords only I can see it I bet.

I highly recommend that product. Also I imagine if you have a porter cable at home with some menzera polish and white rag, it will def be gone!

Thanks for the tips guys. I actually had to go out of town over the weekend and upon getting back today, I took a closer look and after wetting it down I rubbed one of the marks off with a microfiber towel. Got them all off :happy feet: . I will keep the tips in mind as the scratches are sure to come as I can finally drive the car. This car is kind of a birthday present from the wife but she expects it to be driven not only on sunny Sunday afternoons. Should've seen the look on her face when I told her the Ford recommends not driving it under 40 degrees due to the tires. She told me to buy different tires. :shrug:

Archived