TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Salisbury, MD - New 2008 GT 500 - Today 2/17/08

walc

Just bought a new 2008 GT500, at Frederick Ford, in Seaford, DE, today. :happy feet:

Got about 5 miles, down the road, and the check engine light came on, the heater was blowing cold air, the temp gauge redlined and it went into limp home mode. :huh:

So, back to the dealer to await opening of the service department, tomorrow.

WTF?

Lee Clarke

Salisbury, MD, USA

2008 GT500 vapor/black stripe

Just bought a new 2008 GT 500, at Frederick Ford, in Seaford, DE, today. :happy feet:

Got about 5 miles, down the road, and the check engine light came on, the heater was blowing cold air, the temp gauge redlined and it went into limp home mode. :huh:

WTF?

Lee Clarke

Salisbury, MD, USA

2008 GT 500 vapor/black stripe

Sorry to hear your delema , Hopefully will be something simple... I bet they would not let the prep mechanic drive it for pre delivery inspection. Or this would have been found before you took delivery...

Just bought a new 2008 GT500, at Frederick Ford, in Seaford, DE, today. :happy feet:

WTF?

Lee Clarke

Salisbury, MD, USA

2008 GT500 vapor/black stripe

i feel for you :banghead:

hope is simple and quick :happy feet:

Good news.

The problem will be fixed tomorrow, as soon as parts are overnighted to my dealer.

The hose connection to one, of the two, coolant reservoirs was leaking.

Due to their being two reservoirs, I had some coolant circulating and the limp-home mode prevented any damage to the engine.

I'm really looking forward to driving my car, more than a few miles. :)

Good news.

The problem will be fixed tomorrow, as soon as parts are overnighted to my dealer.

The hose connection to one, of the two, coolant reservoirs was leaking.

Due to their being two reservoirs, I had some coolant circulating and the limp-home mode prevented any damage to the engine.

I'm really looking forward to driving my car, more than a few miles. :)

Glad to see that your car did not suffer any significant damage. I'm sure you will love the car once you have a chance to drive it extensively.

From the description of the problem, obviously the engine lost antifreeze/coolant.

Probably a loose hose clamp, but there has to be a leak.

The question will be how long you drove on it when the temp gauge pegged out. That will determine the extent of the damage.

Good diagnosis Josh! No wonder I don't have any "whine" in my 3.73 gears you guys installed! :hysterical:

Congrats on your new car walc, and glad it's nothing major! Great color combo! :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived