TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Supercharging Info

Can one of you guys that has has your SGT supercharged tell me what kind of RWH your car makes under the Ford Factory warranty? I would prefer to not run headers due to their own inherit problems. What did it cost out the door? Will the whipple charger fit under the CS6 hood without interference? How long was your car at the mod shop? Anybody use Tasca or another Mod shop in the central US?

Thanks,

Can one of you guys that has has your SGT supercharged tell me what kind of RWH your car makes under the Ford Factory warranty? I would prefer to not run headers due to their own inherit problems. What did it cost out the door? Will the whipple charger fit under the CS6 hood without interference? How long was your car at the mod shop? Anybody use Tasca or another Mod shop in the central US?

Thanks,

I haven't had my car dyno'ed yet, but everything I've read on this site and others is that with the "Big Boost"/HO Whipple, you'll make anywhere between ~450-490rwhp. As for the warranty...that I don't know about.

While I had SAI do multiple items at once, I'd figure the labor was right around $1k for the SC/er install (just a guess as I had other items done as well and the labor isn't broken out by part). The whipple will fit under the CS6 hood, however the strut tower brace has to go and the stock hood blanket needs to be trimmed a bit to fit it.

As for being at the mod shop...oh about 5 months... :banghead:

Archived