TEAM SHELBY FORUM

First time I've seen this hood

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-UP-08-07...tem270212206705

No idea who makes it. It's cool in that it's functional for the SGT directing air over the airbox and fits using standard hardware etc. The KITT look without the GT500 front end. "Looks" well made! Though will, like the CS6/8 hood require work for the washer nozzles or they will nee dot be relocated.

Not sure I would do it but interesting to see something that's at least made to be more functional!

-Jeff

Hi Jeff,

That hood has some potential. The design is as clean as one could want and has not only cold air, but extraction, too. Might need to make a road trip to Sacramento and see it. The design is nice and it makes me wonder if a Whipple WITH the brace bar would fit under it. Thanks for passing it on.

Jim

Hi Jeff,

That hood has some potential. The design is as clean as one could want and has not only cold air, but extraction, too. Might need to make a road trip to Sacramento and see it. The design is nice and it makes me wonder if a Whipple WITH the brace bar would fit under it. Thanks for passing it on.

Jim

Very nice . If you do go to look at could you give us some feedback on it Thanks

Functional rules!!!!!

But the intake vents look kinda tall in the picture as a scale thing on car, but the pics do not show a painted side view, may be ok in real life. Also hood pin placement may be a problem due to design. Kinda nostrilly looking. Cool otherwise!!

This would be bad ass if it worked the same magic air function with a SGT scoop and the extractors for "air wobble" at speed. I would be all over that with a check on the way!!!

I like the look. I would be concerned with the ram design that they do not appear to have a way for any water/rain to separate before hitting the air filter.

I suppose the wise-guy response would be, "Who drives their Shelby in the rain?" ;) But, seriously, I always figured you would just drill out a drain hole or channel the water as it arrives at the square cutout so that it dumps before it enters the air filter area. I cannot put it in words very well but I think that would work. I will check with the Octane folks to see if there are any of these hoods installed in any area close to any of us. Jim

I really like that look, I've been looking at the Cervini type IV hood. I'm torn on wheather you should make those kinds of changes to a Shelby though. Does it detract from the fact that its a Shelby making it less recognizeable?

I really like that look, I've been looking at the Cervini type IV hood. I'm torn on wheather you should make those kinds of changes to a Shelby though. Does it detract from the fact that its a Shelby making it less recognizeable?

That is an excellent point especially with it being something as eye catching as the hood, but I'm up for entertaining future ideas given the current hood situation :X

Yeah, I thought of that too. But again we can save the current hood. I do like the KR hood look but it's only available for use with the GT500 and it' non-functional other than the heat vents while this directs cold air to our air box. Decisions, decisions...I guess options are good!

-Jeff

Yeah the longer I have the car the more the dang scoop is something I love.....

Yeah the longer I have the car the more the dang scoop is something I love.....

personaly i would keep the shelby hood and see if this manufacturer can make it a fuctioning type ,it seems he did it with the king of the road type. it looks like a ducted system that is made of fiberglass i know they can if you can get enough people to order.

personaly i would keep the shelby hood and see if this manufacturer can make it a fuctioning type ,it seems he did it with the king of the road type. it looks like a ducted system that is made of fiberglass i know they can if you can get enough people to order.

+1

Send'um a note!

http://www.trufiber.com/t-contact.aspx

I suppose the wise-guy response would be, "Who drives their Shelby in the rain?" ;) But, seriously, I always figured you would just drill out a drain hole or channel the water as it arrives at the square cutout so that it dumps before it enters the air filter area. I cannot put it in words very well but I think that would work. I will check with the Octane folks to see if there are any of these hoods installed in any area close to any of us. Jim

Keep us posted as to what you find , I `am thinking of ordering one but would liketo know some feedback from someone that has one

Its 'YOUR' car, do what you want and drive it!

Well the problem for me is not cutting the hole in the stock hood, and the fabricated ducting, its how well will the scoop stay on the hood? My guess would be not well.

• 2 months later...

I dunno, kind of looks like the '68 GT350, doesn't it?

post-10226-1210119837.jpg

post-10226-1210119837.jpg

Archived