TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Kelly Blue Book

sudden

I am wondering if newer Shelby cars have a seperate value in the Kelly blue book. When I traded my Saleen the dealer had no value other then just a standard Mustang GT. With all the extra we pay for our cars we should have at least it listed as a value of the true car that it is. If not ,we will take a bath at trade in time. Sudden.

Coupe 2D

Convertible 2D

GT Coupe 2D

GT Convertible 2D

Shelby GT500 Cobra Coupe 2D

Shelby GT500 Cobra Convertible 2D

Yes, they a seperate listing for used values, BUT....they are not yet available because they have not been able to establish a value yet. At least a TRADE in value has not been established.

They still haven't established a PRIVATE PARTY VALUE yet either.

They do show a USED RETAIL VALUE but that is way off the money.

Condition Value

Excellent

$61,715

Suggested Retail Value Assumes Excellent Condition... More

===========================================

Now compare the about USED value with 5000 miles on it to what they say consumers are really paying for a NEW 2007.

So according to KBB they are saying a USED GT500 with 5000 miles is worth almost $3,700 more than a NEW 07 is worth! :hysterical:

============================================

Here is what they show for a NEW 07 GT500

MSRP**Definitions $42,975.00

Invoice*

$39,063.00

New Car Blue

Book Value*

What consumers are really paying for this vehicle

$58,016.00

=============================================

Now you can clearly see WHY you may not get what these online book values show as trade in when you go to try and trade a vehicle in. They are not accurate and book values are merely a GUIDELINE.

To get accurate values go watch the vehicles going through the sale. There you will see ACTUAL values as far as what they are really bringing for trade values.

Example: Lets say KBB shows trade value on any particular vehicle at $12,000

Well if that same vehicle is bringing an average of only $10,000 at the sales, then no dealer is going to pay $12K for a vehicle that they can buy all day long for only $10K.

I am wondering if newer Shelby cars have a seperate value in the Kelly blue book. When I traded my Saleen the dealer had no value other then just a standard Mustang GT. With all the extra we pay for our cars we should have at least it listed as a value of the true car that it is. If not ,we will take a bath at trade in time. Sudden.

Hey there,

Only the GT500 - not the Shelby GT (nor the SS or KR). Thats the problem with values for cars like these - its hard to get a market value (like with your Saleen). Roush and Foose have the same issue (although the Foose cars arent many in number) : )

A better source for some of this info MAY be available at NADA (www.NADAGuides.com) - they do have the Saleen autos documented - and will probably have the Shelbys documented also at some time in the near future.

Drove by the dealership I used to work at this morning, and they STILL have 2 Foose Mustangs on the lot. Would LOVE to have one of them - just cant afford it (window sticker was $48,000 - they told me I could pick it up for $40,000) :)

Page

That is because the Shelby GT, Saleen and Roush are all modified versions of models already listed. They are NOT distinct models as identified by vin or the manufacturer. If value was tracked it would show up in the options packages. This does not mean they do not have values, just means that KBB does not track them as independant models.

A better source for some of this info MAY be available at NADA (www.NADAGuides.com) - they do have the Saleen autos documented - and will probably have the Shelbys documented also at some time in the near future.

Page

Yes the NADA has the Saleen Mustangs listed. To be listed in the NADA Book you have to be a Manufacturer. Saleen is a Manufacturer and Roush is a Modifier. Saleen has to do Crash Tests and Roush does not. Just my 2 cents.

David.

A lot of lenders will not give you a loan for the value above a Mustang GT on a Saleen.

CaptDave

NADA lists the GT-H as a seperate model.low-$66.350 average-$74.500 high-$82.995

credit unions will lend on these values.I ran down to my credit union and refied at 4.25% after I found out what nada is listing these at.they even asked me if I only wanted to finance what I owed.I could have taken equity from my loan.

Archived