TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Now, I have a reason to be nervous

LSR

Just made a call to the dealership I ordered the GT500 from due to not hearing anything in a while.

And a recording comes accross that they are no longer in biz. :shrug:

And I am like WTF :rant:

No one calls me and inform me of anything. So just so happen I had the owners cell number and I call him to ask "what is going on?"

He tells me that he is out of town and yes it is true about the biz. That he made a deal with Ford and sold out. Now this is the dealership that is selling to me another guy GT500's at MSRP.

The owner tells me that the other guy lost his order which is not good. But he tells me my order is still in effect and I will have to pickup from another store. Which is no problem. The owner told me to call him Tuseday next week to line out the details.

I am not liking this at all, and I hope he isn't pulling my leg.

I am glad that he didn't require large deposits to order. He only has $500 of my money.

Just made a call to the dealership I ordered the GT500 from due to not hearing anything in a while.

No one calls me and inform me of anything. So just so happen I had the owners cell number and I call him to ask "what is going on?"

He tells me that he is out of town and yes it is true about the biz. That he made a deal with Ford and sold out. Now this is the dealership that is selling to me another guy GT500's at MSRP.

The owner tells me that the other guy lost his order which is not good. But he tells me my order is still in effect and I will have to pickup from another store. Which is no problem. The owner told me to call him Tuseday next week to line out the details.

I am glad that he didn't require large deposits to order. He only has $500 of my money.

:ohsnap: WTF is going on here? :rant:

Did they take your down payment?

Did you have anything in writing?

How big is this Dealership & is it a small, medium or large one?

Where are they located & what state?

I have never heard of Ford approaching a dealership & buying them out?

Something doesn't add up here. :sos: I don't know what the Franchise agreement says in terms of the amount of cars you need to turn over each month, but I suspect that he owes money to Ford money & they shut him down because he wasn't making payments on past agreements for cars & trucks he took possession of & sold. :nonono::censored:

I think I would be calling every Ford Motor Company phone number I can find :read: to try to find out what is going on with this dealer & how it effects your deal.

Sorry you have to go though this & I hope you get your car but this is another chapter for the book of what is happening to loyal Ford customers....No communication & a lack of respect for your customers. OK I'm off my soap box now. :soapbox:

I have a pruchase order stating year make and that the selling price is MSRP and it shows my deposit.

I also have the order confirmation as well.

I just don't understand why know one picked up a phone and called me.

I am looking foward to Tuseday to call him as instructed and see what going on.

The dealer is a small dealership in Columbia, IL and was getting two GT500 from what I was told. But he stated that the other gentlemen lost his order, and mine was still in.

This dealership has been around for a long time and had a very good rep. when it came to prices and being fair.

Iwill see what is going on on Tuseday and will keep you guys posted.

Get the dealerships owners address and we will have "Guido" pay him a visit :rant: no seriously if you need any help call Mark Brock at Uptring Automall in Peoria Ill. 309 694-0700 Tell him J.D. in San Diego sent ya ! Great Guy and Great Dealership, I bought my 07 GT500 from them and had it shipped here.I got my car 8/01/06 I think they have one incomming thats not sold,or if u need any info call Mark!

Doubt you'll get your car......if a dealer is taken out the allocation will just be spread to other dealers in the Region.....you'll never know

Update

Just recieved an email from the past sales manager.

He says "that Ford took over and is shutting down the dealership. This was announced back when Ford announced plant and dealer shut downs. And that both orders have be reassigned to another dealer along with deposits".

He also gave me the reps. name for my area and when I meet with the past dealer president, I will see if he can contact the rep. and nail down some info.

so Ford CAN take over and shut down a dealership??

:sos: Once again this doesn't ADD UP? :rant: Ford sells Franchises! Why would they want to buy them up & close them? Dealer not selling enough vehicles? Too many in one area? If anything Ford needs to Buy back some of their Stock to show that they have confidence in their WAY FORWARD PLAN instead of buying & closing Stealerships....it just makes it harder to get your product serviced & you may have to drive farther to get it done.

LSR,

This certainly doesn't add up as Coldwater stated, never heard of a situation like this before. If your willing to buy from a dealer in my area (west US), I'll keep my ears open for an available Shelby. Ford should do something to help you, the victim in this deal, out. Somehow I'd think thay'd make some kind of arrangement to honor the original dealer. Looks like another black eye for Ford and Lord knows they've managed so many as of late. FOMOCO get your act together!

Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

LSR,

This certainly doesn't add up as Coldwater stated, never heard of a situation like this before. If your willing to buy from a dealer in my area (west US), I'll keep my ears open for an available Shelby. Ford should do something to help you, the victim in this deal, out. Somehow I'd think thay'd make some kind of arrangement to honor the original dealer. Looks like another black eye for Ford and Lord knows they've managed so many as of late. FOMOCO get your act together!

Hope it works out for you. Keep us posted.

Just a guess, but it seems to me that if the orders for a closed dealer are transferred to another dealer, then the allocation for the cars would be to, provided that the deal that brought the allocation to the new dealer was "honored".

The dealer wouldn't have the "extra" allocation without the "deal" that brought it to them, hence no financial benefit due to no extra cars.

To me, it would only be common sense.

Then again, it's difficult to use "Ford" and "common sense" in the same sentence it seems... :doh:

Mike.

From what I've been told in the past, there are some areas that Ford would just as soon not have dealerships in any more. There is one about forty miles from here that they will not let the dealer sell unless either the current owner or the prospective buyer agree to bulid a new facility. The one they are in is antiquated and doesn't meet any of Ford's requirements anymore, but they are in good standing financially. They just don't look the way Ford wants their dealerships to look. My partners and myself own a car rental franchise and there are what they call "Image Standards" that we have to meet or they can pull our franchise, it's in the agreement. I'm sure Ford has similar requirements now, but when you're talking about 50 year old dealerships those requirements may not be in place. The only thing they can hold over their heads is that in order to sell their franchise the new purchaser has to meet Ford's "Image" standards.

There was also a Ford dealership not too far away from here that was so "Out of Trust" with Ford credit that they ended up being forced into bankruptcy. They had sold a bunch of cars that were floored through Ford and they didn't pay Ford Credit off after selling them. One of my friends bought a pickup from them and took it to another dealer a few months later for warranty work. When the service department entered the VIN # in the computer it showed that it had never been reported as sold, so the warranty hadn't gone into effect yet. That dealership was basically shut down by Ford.

There was a very small dealer in Heaven Ks. that lost their Ford dealership. They are still in biz. but now it is just Haven Auto. I don't know why but, like I said it was very small dealer at the most 20 cars and trucks at at time on their lot.

Look at it this way you might get the car faster. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, squeak man squeak make them tired of you.

MCLE

LSR-

You need to get something in writing from the dealer who (supposedly) has been assigned your order. This is your car. If that doesn't work, I would also be pressing Ford directly on this loud and clear. I'm not sure exactly what channels at Ford I would pursue. I would certainly start with CS and maybe even call the legal department. If the dealer(s) aren't any help - and I think it might be difficult to force a dealer's hand without litigation - Ford should step in and make sure you get a car. As one of the prior posts mentioned, this would be very bad publicity for Ford.

*UPDATE*

Let me first say thanks for those who offered positive direction.

Well it has been 9 days from original post in ref. to no info. from my dealership about my GT500 order other than it was going to another dealer due to the store was being closed.

I had been calling everyday to find out what was going on, and today I got the call finally after play phone tag with the Ford rep.

I was instructed to come pickup my deposit and was directed to a new store 7 miles up the road. Where this dealer would rewrite my purchase order at MSRP :happy feet: and would be accepting the car for PDI and delivery to me and the other gentlemen that had the other MSRP deal from my original dealer.

The reason for the delay was the Ford reps. had a hard time finding stores that would do our MSRP deals and wouldn't add an ADM once written on one of their contracts.

The salesmanager had a look of disbelief due to they had two stores and had a GT500 on the floor of the other store with a $25000 ADM on it. They are getting 4 at that store and 2 at the store where mine will be delivered, plus the 2 more at MSRP from my original store that is being close.

But the new salesmanager was very nice and professional and congratulated me for getting a MSRP deal. He said that they plan on placing all of their GT500's on eBay at $25000 over MSRP, which he says that's what the market is doing. I don't think so about the market, because if that was true, then the car wouldn't be sitting on their showroom floor.

And as I stated before. My original dealer that is being closed, was closed by Ford, basically bought out due to store locations and geographical area. I was shown the article and memo by Ford that last year Ford announced the closing of plants and store in 18 metropolitan cities accross the nation and my dealer was on that list. Mainly due to there were a newer store 7 miles east, west, north, and south of the closing dealer.

But the owner said that Ford did offer a fair financial offer when bought out, with incentives to relocate to different geographical areas.

In the end, my MSRP deal was honored and a vin was issued on 7-21-06, and a build date of 8-14-06(today). So I am very :happy feet:

*UPDATE*

In the end, my MSRP deal was honored and a vin was issued on 7-21-06, and a build date of 8-14-06(today). So I am very :happy feet:

Glad for you!!! :cheerleader: Remember the rest of us though, still fighting the ADM battle. Again, very glad that Somebody at Ford is willing to go a bit out on a limb for a customer however.

Glad for you!!! :cheerleader: Remember the rest of us though, still fighting the ADM battle. Again, very glad that Somebody at Ford is willing to go a bit out on a limb for a customer however.

Thanks

I hear you loud and clear, JETSOLVER.

It is a shame my original dealer is being closed. It always seems to be the good guy to always get the door. My original dealer has never charged a ADM. and has a very good rep. for good biz. practices.

Ever since I obtained this MSRP deal back in March 06, I had been still shopping for others.

Archived