TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Exhaust Rattle - Ah Gee...

Every time I would go up a steep hill and throttle up somewhat I would get this disturbing rattle in the rear of the car. It sounded like an exhaust rattle. I had read previous posts on this subject and thought, what am I in for. :banghead:

Well – took the car to my local Ford dealer, they have good references, and had them have a look-see. Well they tried one thing at a time, road tested, and tried again. They found the problem. It was not an exhaust rattle after all. It had turned out that there was a body bolt down inside the body panel behind the left wheel house on the floorboard. The bolt was left over from the original vehicle assembly at Ford.

I think I was lucky; also my local Ford Service department was GREAT!!

Every time I would go up a steep hill and throttle up somewhat I would get this disturbing rattle in the rear of the car. It sounded like an exhaust rattle. I had read previous posts on this subject and thought, what am I in for. :banghead:

Well – took the car to my local Ford dealer, they have good references, and had them have a look-see. Well they tried one thing at a time, road tested, and tried again. They found the problem. It was not an exhaust rattle after all. It had turned out that there was a body bolt down inside the body panel behind the left wheel house on the floorboard. The bolt was left over from the original vehicle assembly at Ford.

Good for you. I have had an exhaust rattle since I bought the car and finally took it in for that and another problem. They say it was an exhaust hanger, but I will not get the car back for a week (the computer is bad). We will see if it is really fixed. Apparently it normally takes the service techs a couple of times to get it right.

Great work on their part! Nice to see!

Good for you. I have had an exhaust rattle since I bought the car and finally took it in for that and another problem. They say it was an exhaust hanger, but I will not get the car back for a week (the computer is bad). We will see if it is really fixed. Apparently it normally takes the service techs a couple of times to get it right.

yeah, usually is the hanger.

Great work on their part! Nice to see!

Yes, I agree. They are very conscientious and would not let the problem exist. They really targeted the issue and fixed it. Very pleased!

Thanks Super Snake and shelbyracer and 07SGT4729 for your posts and comments. All is well.

Take care!!

Yes, I agree. They are very conscientious and would not let the problem exist. They really targeted the issue and fixed it. Very pleased!

Thanks Super Snake and shelbyracer and 07SGT4729 for your posts and comments. All is well.

Take care!!

I have same noise on left rear...hopefully will get fixed when I go in for first oil change next month..thanks for info. Keith 07 shelby GT.

I have same noise on left rear...hopefully will get fixed when I go in for first oil change next month..thanks for info. Keith 07 shelby GT.

that always seems to be the side with issues. as the system heats up, it actually grows an inch or two in length and forces the end of the hanger against the bumper brace. Just cut an inch or so off the end of the hanger and you're good to go.

Archived