TEAM SHELBY FORUM

silvercat

Hello, I am a new member and this is my 1st post. I do not own a Shelby but I do build engines for various cars , mostly Mustang Mach 1 and nice 390GT cars but I have sold heads, blocks, cast iron CJ intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds to owners of Shelby GT500 and I get quite a few questions and requests from them. I have some parts that I think could be used to build a GT500 engine and I was hoping to verify if they will be correct for a Shelby built in mid January 1968. The 428 block with reinforced mains is dated 7K30, the C8AE-H GT heads are 7L16 and 7L17 and the intake manifold is aluminum with a Ford logo and a C7AE-F casting number. I also have a set of 7L3 and 7K5 heads. So I am wondering if these are the correct parts and secondly which heads would be most appropriate for the block. I am also wondering if the 1U crankshaft, C7AE-B rods, and C8AE-A1/A2 harmonic balancer and C6OZ-A oil pan are correct for the rotating assembly. I hope that you can help.

Thanks!

Hello, I am a new member and this is my 1st post. I do not own a Shelby but I do build engines for various cars , mostly Mustang Mach 1 and nice 390GT cars but I have sold heads, blocks, cast iron CJ intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds to owners of Shelby GT500 and I get quite a few questions and requests from them. I have some parts that I think could be used to build a GT500 engine and I was hoping to verify if they will be correct for a Shelby built in mid January 1968. The 428 block with reinforced mains is dated 7K30, the C8AE-H GT heads are 7L16 and 7L17 and the intake manifold is aluminum with a Ford logo and a C7AE-F casting number. I also have a set of 7L3 and 7K5 heads. So I am wondering if these are the correct parts and secondly which heads would be most appropriate for the block. I am also wondering if the 1U crankshaft, C7AE-B rods, and C8AE-A1/A2 harmonic balancer and C6OZ-A oil pan are correct for the rotating assembly. I hope that you can help.

Thanks!

Welcome Silvercat I believe the intake is the right # for 68` you would be better off asking the guys on the FORD Fe forum.

Archived