TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do you ever see a GT500 out in the wild?

swathen

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have only seen two localy. Look at the low milage 07's that come on ebay. There was one a few weeks back, 470 miles.

+1

In two years since I have been driving mine (and it isn't my daily driver), I can count on one hand the number seen in the wild.

I know these cars are special in their own right and demand careful consideration before driving them. But I just can't keep the damn thing in the garage for very long. I go to car shows and I am almost embarrassed to tell other GT500 owners that I have 16,000 miles on mine. Most 2007's that I have run into have far less miles than mine. Sometimes I think that I am "over driving" my Shelby but then again, it just gets better and better the more I drive it. It'll be out this weekend with 50's and sunny weather headed my way!

...My dad still claims his 67 GT 500 is faster than my 2007 but we have never had them out at the same time.

I am sure it feels that way. Of course maybe his is modded.

The 1967 Shelby GT 500

Specifications

Wheelbase, inches: 108.0

Weight, lbs: 3,000

Number built: 2,050

Base price: $4,195

Standard Engine

Type: ohv V-8

Displacement, cid: 428

Fuel system: 2 x 4 bbl.

Compression ratio: 10.5:1

Horsepower @ rpm: 355 @ 5400

Torque @ rpm: 420 @ 3200

Representative Performance

0-60 mph, sec: 6.2

1/4 mile, sec @ mph: 14.6 @ 99

I live in Texarkana in East Tx. population approx 150,000. Not including my Vapor, there are at least 9 other GT500s, black with black stripes, 2 white with blue, grabber vert, red with white, white with red, black with red, blue with silver and blue with white. I have a buddy with grabber coupe on order at a dealer that has another red/white in stock. I guess compared to you guys weve got more than our share !

I live in Texarkana in East Tx. population approx 150,000. Not including my Vapor, there are at least 9 other GT500s, black with black stripes, 2 white with blue, grabber vert, red with white, white with red, black with red, blue with silver and blue with white. I have a buddy with grabber coupe on order at a dealer that has another red/white in stock. I guess compared to you guys weve got more than our share !

That's how my town is with C6 Corvettes. Similar population to you and C6 Corvettes are as common as Ford Explorers, which I find strange.

I've driven across the US and back this year including many road trips and have seen no more than 4 Shelby GT500's. I took the Shelby to Miami 2 weeks ago for a weekend. I noticed numerous Lamborghini Gallardos, modified Porsche 911 Turbos, tons of regular 911's, etc. The exotics looked good, but were common. I didn't see one GT500 and people were asking all sorts of questions about it in the busier areas.

Archived