TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do you ever see a GT500 out in the wild?

swathen

Only seen one between Savannah and Atlanta and it was here in town at the movies. Red with white stripes. I heard that one of my friends from high school has one, but I have yet to see it. I guess living in a small town you don't see many; at the dealership or otherwise.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen 3 others here in Austin. One is in the local mustang club with me. We met up at the Sonic Poker Run a couple weeks ago. Come to find out, he lives about 3 miles from me. On the way to the poker run, I passed Red/white GT500 going the other way on the highway. The third one, I passed with my Lexus. They were old lady driving it.

That red/white might have been me. I've seen three others around the Austin area one tungsten in GT, one black vert going down Guadalupe and one on 35 heading south.

I started looking in July of 2007 when I got my GT500, since that time I have only seen 5 in my area!

What is interesting is that I have also seen about 5 Mustang GTs, some even with the racing stripes, driven by women.

The cars were as beautiful as the drivers. I would think the racing version of the GT would be more of a guy thing (?). :headscratch:

What is interesting is that I have also seen about 5 Mustang GTs, some even with the racing stripes, driven by women.

The cars were as beautiful as the drivers. I would think the racing version of the GT would be more of a guy thing (?). :headscratch:

Negative, ghostrider :) Girls like fast cars, too :happy feet:

Yep. Home is where the Navy sends you! :headspin:

I fly P-3's (when I am not stuck in a Colorado Staff tour) and so get the opportunity to see a lot of places.

Oh noooooo......a P-3 puke drawing perdium :hysterical2: swathem...didn't think they were flying them any more.....its been 13 years since I retired so I lost track.

I've seen two "in the wild" . Both in St Charles ILL.

Red/white stripes Mc Donalds drive thru @ Charleston Mall.

Blue/white stripes East bound North Ave @ Rt 59.

My selling dealer Packey Webb Ford Downers Grove usually has one to three on the lot since they were released.

I just see the White/Tungsten coupe (Joshua484) and blackvert (both TeamShelby members) with any regularity. Other than them I have seen two red with white stripe coupes, each only one time. Funny thing is that all 3 of us TeamShelby members bought out cars out of town since the local dealer couldnt' get us one. They have sold 8 of them.....3 to one guy that has them wrapped in a bubble! :banghead:

I have had the local dealer do a lot of mods on mine and bought a Warriors in Pink for my wife from them and they keep telling me "Man, it's so good to see you actually drive this car the way it's meant to be driven". They also know I got 5,000 miles out of my first set of tires! :happy feet: Unfortunately, most of the GT500s around here are garage queens.

I see'em all the time! I live in little Waxahachie Texas (pop. less than 30K) I KNOW FOUR PEOPLE who have purchased them. Plus mine...I also saw one parked in front of a little house on a country road two days ago, sitting out in the grass next to the barbed wire fence.....

Cruising down I-15 from VEGAS last Monday I had the pleasure of Sparing with a

Tungston 07 GT500 Coupe with White stripes all the way to the 210 Freeway but

I was in the 05 Mustang GT RED Coupe.

Anyway he got stuck in the traffic behind me a few miles before the 210 but it was fun.

Guess "TORCH RED IS STILL THE FASTEST" ????????????? :hysterical:

• 8 months later...

Wow, what a weekend for encountering GT500s in the wild. Saw a red/silver stripe one on Saturday (Fastfords?), and today I saw a red/stripe delete in a parking lot and another Vapor/blue stripe GT500KR. However, most of my days go by without a single sighting except for my own.

I have had mine only 2 weeks ('09 black/red strip coupe), so I have only seen it 14 times. Other than that, here in central Jersey, I see an orange/white here and there, once saw a red/white stopped (cop appeared to be checking out the car more than anything), a brief glimpse of a black/white, a brief glimpse of a black/silver Saturday, and a few at the local dragstrip (Englishtown, NJ).

About a year before I bought mine (8/23/08) I spotted one driving away as we left a movie theater one night. Just got a glimpse of the snake, the tires and heard the exhaust. My son and I were both about to run it down (on foot) but our wives reigned us in. I saw it again a little while later at a gas station. Since then, nothing, until I bought mine. The dealer had 3, my 07 and 2 black 08 convertibles. Since I bought mine, I have yet to see another one in the wild. Now that I'm thinking about it, I've never seen a Shelby GT in the wild......boy, am I glad I bought the GT 500!

I've only seen 2 over here in Santa Rosa.

A white with blue stripes. Gave him a wave on 101, going in opposite directions.

the other was a white with black stripes. which is funny because I've been thinking of getting the stripes painted on but was thinking black.

Nah...I like the blue.

I see them all the time. I know of 3 within 10 miles of my house. There are a bunch of late model Shelby's here in central Texas.

I almost never see them in San Francisco or its nearby freeways. One red/white coupe lives in the Marina District, and in that same district about 6 months ago I saw a black/tungsten - which is the only time I've seen that color combination and it looked very sinister indeed.

I drive mine (alloy/silver) regularly, and it always gets admiring looks and thumbs-up. I'm sure much of this is simply because a sighting of these cars is such a rarity.

I expect it was much the same with the original Shelby Mustangs back in the '60s. Whenever I saw one of those (then or now), I would always be mesmerized.

Michael

Roughly 5 in the last year.

Early 2008 I saw my first one parked next to my 03 Mach 1 at the outskirts of my son's middle school parking lot. Since I bought mine, I have seen maybe 4 more on the road. Strangely, 2 within about 5 minutes or each other on the interstate. And the other two within a week of each other on a 4 lane near my home going the other way.

I have seen two in Indianapolis both downtown one was white with blue stripes and the other was a black hard top with no stripes. I have seen a white with tungston stripes a couple of times in Lafayette IN. and I see a black with white stripes all the time when my dad and I take my SGT and GT 500 out. It is cool folowing my car and knowing when we stop I get to say no they are both mine. My dad still claims his 67 GT 500 is faster than my 2007 but we have never had them out at the same time.

ShelbyGT/GT500

Archived