TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do you ever see a GT500 out in the wild?

swathen

Other than the one you drive I mean. I have been following these cars in the media since they were rumored. I have been a Mustang and Shelby fan my whole life, so I can spot one when it is still a dot on the horizon. However I have ever only seen three out on the open road. This doesn't include car shows or dealerships, I just mean someone out on the road driving it.

The 1st one was in Jacksonville, FL parked outside a sports bar. Dude was out the door in a flash when he saw me eyeballin' his ride :hysterical2:

2nd was in a parade in Colorado Springs

3rd was at the Ford dealer in Colorado Springs. I was picking my wife's Freestyle from the service dept. when a GT500 rolled up for an oil change.

By way of comparison I have seen 2 Ford GT's out and about. Both of those were in Washington, near Seattle.

I know they are making a lot of these cars (at least compared to the Ford GT), but I just never see one out driving.

I promise that come next Tuesday (latest estimate for Fed Ex to show up with it) Colorado Springs will be seeing a lot of a certain Vista Blue Shelby. Provided it ain't snowing and the temp miracles itself above 40 degrees that is! :hysterical::hysterical2:

Anyway, how many have you guys seen out and about?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only seen 2 out in the open. 1 was a red with white stripes coupe that was just leaving a local car show and the other was a black vert out cruising throught the Illinois countryside. I've seen plenty in dealerships, my local dealer has a 08 red with white stripe coupe sitting on the showroom floor right now. Also a 08 Bullit and a 08 S-GT vert. He also has a GT but he won't sell it. I've only seen 1 GT black with white stripes on the open road, plus one at a car show in Oshkosh, Wi. I too wonder where all the GT500's are hiding?

Mike

I have seen a total of five GT500's in the wild. Saw number one pass by me as I was gettin gas in Fairfield Ca, red with white stripes. Number two was parked at a strip mall in Fairfield Ca, blue with white stripes. The next 2 I saw on my honeymoon, Number three passed me on the road in Center Harbor, New Hampshire, white with blue stripes. Number four was parked at a hotel in Laconia, New Hampshire black vert. And number five was parked at the bowling alley in Vacaville Ca, black with red stripes.

Except at a local Mustang gathering where I saw four plus the Dearborn event last summer, I saw none. I don't expect to see any around here until the end of April considering that we have had over 10 feet of snow so far this winter, most of it still on the ground.

I have seen a total of five GT500's in the wild. Saw number one pass by me as I was gettin gas in Fairfield Ca, red with white stripes. Number two was parked at a strip mall in Fairfield Ca, blue with white stripes. The next 2 I saw on my honeymoon, Number three passed me on the road in Center Harbor, New Hampshire, white with blue stripes. Number four was parked at a hotel in Laconia, New Hampshire black vert. And number five was parked at the bowling alley in Vacaville Ca, black with red stripes.

Great to hear there are other GT500's in New Hampshire, but I haven't seen one yet. I just recently snagged the NH GT500 vanity plate, so maybe they were tourists.

I've seen 3 others here in Austin. One is in the local mustang club with me. We met up at the Sonic Poker Run a couple weeks ago. Come to find out, he lives about 3 miles from me. On the way to the poker run, I passed Red/white GT500 going the other way on the highway. The third one, I passed with my Lexus. They were old lady driving it.

Saw a red vert last summer at Point Defiance park in Tacoma. It's our cruising spot.

They seem to come out when the suns out. :shades:

I have only seen one which was last week while on vacation in Sarasota Florida. All black.

Mine of coarse still sits in the garage under a cover.

I have seen a few here...but then San Antonio is a mustang mecca...it is BY FAR the most common mid size car around here.

I have seen since I ordered mine and paid attention-

5 GT500s on the road.

One black/alloy? stripes or gray parked at a restaurant

One red/white on the road from kerrville to fredricksburg

One Black/red limited edition coupe (2007) going the other way on 1604 the actual day my car arrived on rail. (thought it was mine being taken for joyride for a moment)

One red/stripe delete same general area.

One black/white downtown that almost ran me over...hehehe

Seen a few at the dealer,

2 GTs on the road and 2 in the dealer...(maybe same ones?)

Ive seen 3 Shelby GTs out and about

1 GTCS

1 Black with pink stripes for the race for the cure edition- looked really cool

1 GT350 BLue with white stripes knockoff that I thought was a 500, but pulled up behind it and saw what it was. ( I got some pics of this one)

Have only seen one other in the Baltimore Washington area that I haunt until this morning when I was leaving a meeting in Frederick, Md and just as I was pulling out of a parking garage - Boom, parking on the street...had thought about driving mine today but the streets were still pretty crappy - this belong to anyone in Team Shelby?

Photo_02.jpg

Photo_02.jpg

I have seen two here in League City TX. One was 07 white with blue stripes the other vapor but can't remember the stripe color, I think the vapor one is in a stable in my neighborhood, seen it pass through a couple of times.

I saw a Black with Alloy badging yesterday evening 3/2/08 this one was a vert. That makes three plus me.

Here in Oregon I've only seen 2 in the wild. Seen many more than that at gatherings/shows, but actually on the street I've seen one red/white coupe eastbound on Hwy 26 last spring, and one black/tungsten coupe just last weekend in downtown Bend, OR. Gave him a big thumbs up...

I've never seen a Ford GT on the street, although I see a fair number of Lamborghinis and Ferraris.

Saw a few in the summer but now I feel like I'm the only guy in Pa. driving his GT-500 all winter....crapy days I drive the Bronco but other than that it's the Stang going to work..even in the low teens...no problem ,just don't get stupid with the loud pedal !!

Since the GT500s became available, I have only seen two on the street in the Phoeinx area, a red one and a tungsten one. The tunsten one had the rear right corner smashed in; doh!

My wife has seen a couple (white, orange and she claims a black with red stripes the other day)

I also saw a red/white one at a car show and a blue one at a dealer. I just don't run across too many in the wild.

Geez SWATHEN, you get around. I've on seen 1 on the road in Cincy. I know of one in my town and I've only seen it at the local car show. Hopefully by spring many folks will get to see a Vista Blue driving around town.

Bruce

Yep. Home is where the Navy sends you! :headspin:

I fly P-3's (when I am not stuck in a Colorado Staff tour) and so get the opportunity to see a lot of places.

Archived