TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just received my engine Dress-up Kit from Shelby, this Oil Dip-stick is not Acceptable.......

I bought the 6 Piece kit, looks good in my opinion. That said, the oil dipstick is not acceptable, it does not fit, it has to be forced and then when you pull it back out the washer is ripped. I even put oil on it to make it slide better. We should all get new rubber washers in my opinion. Has anyone found a fix for this?

carnut .... had a similar problem of not going in easy or removing it .... but after some repeated usage all was well. No .. my o rings didnt rip though ....

I bought the 6 Piece kit, looks good in my opinion. That said, the oil dipstick is not acceptable, it does not fit, it has to be forced and then when you pull it back out the washer is ripped. I even put oil on it to make it slide better. We should all get new rubber washers in my opinion. Has anyone found a fix for this?

I have the same issue and wrote about it extensively on here last summer.

Same issue, but that is to be expected by stuff made in China.

Same here. It was really tight the first time. But like most things new or tight, a little lubricant and all is well. After a few uses it works like the stock unit :happy feet:

Jim

I bought the whole kit as well. Same problem, though I found that replacing the o-ring that came with the billet piece, with the one that came with the original yellow handle made things better.

I really had to "jam" it in, however, and I worried about removing it. I left it in place, and never moved it until I changed my oil earlier this week, (approximately two weeks or one tank of gas), it came out, then went back in just like the original, with a nice "snick". The heat of the engine probably molded it into proper shape!

SEF

AKA:

One of the first mods I purchased from SPP. Everything worked fine, except that the retention lanyard for the P/S cap wouldn't fit. One call fixed all.

No problems with the dip stick, fit just fine.

I had the same problem with the P/S lanyard. What did you do to end up fixing yours? I ended up removing the top bolt holding on the reservoir and putting it through the end of the lanyard before replacing.

My dipstick was a little tight, I put some oil on the o-rings and put it in and pulled it out a couple times, then no problems.

I had the same problem with the P/S lanyard. What did you do to end up fixing yours? I ended up removing the top bolt holding on the reservoir and putting it through the end of the lanyard before replacing.

Sent it back to Scott Drake, they sent out a new one.

Archived