TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500KR Assembly?

docshelby

The KR's exhaust system is likely a Borla Ford Racing cat-back system. Not sure if it is specific to KR vs what is available in the Ford Racing Parts catalogue for 2007/2008 Shelby GT500s. If you look at the KR videos, in one of them you can see a number written on the exhaust tip in black marker - possibly an engineering reference number (?) that SVT was using when testing out the exhaust system?

The 2008 GT500KR in the video does sound great at 540 hp; imagine what it sounds like as the 605 hp or 725 hp version available at the Mod Shop at Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

The KR's exhaust system is likely a Borla Ford Racing cat-back system. Not sure if it is specific to KR vs what is available in the Ford Racing Parts catalogue for 2007/2008 Shelby GT500s. If you look at the KR videos, in one of them you can see a number written on the exhaust tip in black marker - possibly an engineering reference number (?) that SVT was using when testing out the exhaust system?

The 2008 GT500KR in the video does sound great at 540 hp; imagine what it sounds like as the 605 hp or 725 hp version available at the Mod Shop at Shelby Automobiles, Inc.

Hey Mike: will there be an updated list of dealers getting KR allocations

don't know about dealers, but i know how the KR sounds (and feels). they will be completed at our facility. we have a very large paint shop for the KRs, well, it's large enough for those and super snakes. that pretty much has it maxed out. we're really doing alot to prepare our facility for KR production. they will get the total, traditional shelby treatment. (meaning they will have highly experience, caring technicians building and inspecting the cars.) everyone that works here cares about the finished product beyond anything i've seen anywhere i've worked. it's great and i can't wait for the KRs to start coming out of the shop.

don't know about dealers, but i know how the KR sounds (and feels). they will be completed at our facility. we have a very large paint shop for the KRs, well, it's large enough for those and super snakes. that pretty much has it maxed out. we're really doing alot to prepare our facility for KR production. they will get the total, traditional shelby treatment. (meaning they will have highly experience, caring technicians building and inspecting the cars.) everyone that works here cares about the finished product beyond anything i've seen anywhere i've worked. it's great and i can't wait for the KRs to start coming out of the shop.

When the KRs are completed will they be shipped to the selling dealer or directly to new buyer?...shoyoright

To the dealers...

In the article 2008 Shelby GT500KR Rolls Into Production, By Staff Report, Published: January 12, 2008 which is found on the www.teamshelby.com Home Page, it states:

“Every GT500KR will be hand customized and delivered to each customer in an enclosed transporter, just like the legendary Ford GT.”

If the KRs when completed are shipped to the respective selling dealers, how truthful is the above statement from the article.

If this statement from the article is incorrect, what else in the article should not automatically be accepted as true.

I’m already disillusioned since learning that the “revised rear spoiler” mentioned in the same article apparently is nothing more than an off-the-shelf spoiler found in the Pony Package for a Mustang V6.

I have been really looking forward to getting a KR but my excitement about this being a really special car is definitely waning!

Archived