TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Joker's Car's in!!

Joker45

Well, First of all and please bear with me, there are several people that I have to thank for all of their help in the last year or so. I would name everyone individually but that would take up the entire post :D Just please know that everyone was a great help in information and getting me through the waiting process. Giving me a good ribbing to tide me over. Thank you all very much! I gave one back this morning after I got a call from Gary at Lithia For of Fresno saying that it was ready to go. happy_boobs.gif

Most of you know that I have been trying to get a GT 500 since I learned of them through this site back in the day of August 2005.

Now on to the good stuff!

My car came in last night and I couldn't pick it up till today because of work. I drive down there with my Fiancé and Mom in tow. My mom's a car nut too! Well I drive up and I see my Salesman standing out side waiting for me and my car in a coned off area with a sold sign on it!!!

NewYears003.jpg

It was the first time that I had seen the color and stripe combo in person! Man was I happy.

292.gif

Gary tells me that there was some problems with my car. The passenger side headlight had condensation in it and they already ordered my a new light. The right front passenger side tire also had some damage to the sidewall. A new tire is on order to replace the damaged one. Besides that it looks flawless! The paint looks very good and I could not find any problems. It was clean but I will check again this weekend when I wash and wax it.

Got the paperwork done and about an hour later drove off after pre fight briefing. What a great dealership! They intorduced me to everyone and Gary went out of his way to keep me informed.

So here are some more pics of my car. What a blast to drive. It doesn't want to go slow and is just fun to cruise in. Get's some looks too! Had 11 miles on it when I got it. :happy feet:

NewYears004.jpg

NewYears005.jpg

NewYears006.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, First of all and please bear with me, there are several people that I have to thank for all of their help in the last year or so. I would name everyone individually but that would take up the entire post :D Just please know that everyone was a great help in information and getting me through the waiting process. Giving me a good ribbing to tide me over. Thank you all very much! I gave one back this morning after I got a call from Gary at Lithia For of Fresno saying that it was ready to go. happy_boobs.gif

Most of you know that I have been trying to get a GT 500 since I learned of them through this site back in the day of August 2005.

Now on to the good stuff!

My car came in last night and I couldn't pick it up till today because of work. I drive down there with my Fiancé and Mom in tow. My mom's a car nut too! Well I drive up and I see my Salesman standing out side waiting for me and my car in a coned off area with a sold sign on it!!!

NewYears003.jpg

It was the first time that I had seen the color and stripe combo in person! Man was I happy.

292.gif

Gary tells me that there was some problems with my car. The passenger side headlight had condensation in it and they already ordered my a new light. The right front passenger side tire also had some damage to the sidewall. A new tire is on order to replace the damaged one. Besides that it looks flawless! The paint looks very good and I could not find any problems. It was clean but I will check again this weekend when I wash and wax it.

Got the paperwork done and about an hour later drove off after pre fight briefing. What a great dealership! They intorduced me to everyone and Gary went out of his way to keep me informed.

So here are some more pics of my car. What a blast to drive. It doesn't want to go slow and is just fun to cruise in. Get's some looks too! Had 11 miles on it when I got it. :happy feet:

NewYears004.jpg

NewYears005.jpg

NewYears006.jpg

strange it looked so different in MY garage :hysterical: but the garage still looks the same :hysterical2:

WOW looks great congrats!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

strange it looked so different in MY garage :hysterical: but the garage still looks the same :hysterical2:

I bet it did! :hysterical2:

WOW looks great congrats!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks!

Congrats!!!!! She's a beauty! (both the car and your Fiance)

Thanks Prez!!

:yahoo: Ride 'em Cowboy. Congrats!

ehhhh not too keen on your first mod :P

I'll make an exception to that for you any day! You need your own sticker!!

CONGRATS!!! Man its tought to beat RESALE RED!!!

Im VERY happy for you and glad you had a good dealership. Sure makes buying alot more enjoyable.

michael morris

Thanks Michael! It sure was nice to finally find a dealership that was customer freindly!

Conrats Joker! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

How about a twin to go with it?

MSRP! ????

Got mine for MSRP and now I think my Mom wants one!!

I let her drive it and she later called me and said that my car makes her Cadi feel very slow!! :hysterical2:

Thanks Michael! It sure was nice to finally find a dealership that was customer freindly!

Got mine for MSRP and now I think my Mom wants one!!

I let her drive it and she later called me and said that my car makes her Cadi feel very slow!! :hysterical2:

Well tell mom she has to move FAST because I can get one, but I have to jump it before another dealer grabs it.

Well tell mom she has to move FAST because I can get one, but I have to jump it before another dealer grabs it.

I'll talk to her tonight on my way to work.

I have to try and get some sleep. I'm working a 12 hour shift tonight and have 9 hours off tomorrow before my next shift starts :banghead:

Joker:

When I read your post in the other thread that your dealer called and it had damage, I was let down. I am glad to hear it is limited to a headlight enclosure and a tire - both easilly replaced.

I hope you enjoy the car as much as I enjoy your Avatar. :hysterical:

HSURB

NewYears007.jpg

NewYears009.jpg

NewYears017.jpg

NewYears021.jpg

NewYears025.jpg

NewYears029.jpg

It's home now!!!

NewYears037.jpg

My first mod!!

NewYears036.jpg

Awesome! I've been following your progress trail and I'm glad to see that you have finally received your dream car. I wish I had the weather you do. When I received my car a year ago this month, it was covered in salt! Great color choice, enjoy man!!!!!!!!!

Joker:

When I read your post in the other thread that your dealer called and it had damage, I was let down. I am glad to hear it is limited to a headlight enclosure and a tire - both easilly replaced.

I hope you enjoy the car as much as I enjoy your Avatar. :hysterical:

HSURB

Thanks HSURB! So your saying that I should replace my avatar with my car! :D

Congrats Joker I know you waited along time , so what was your feeling when you first saw her.

I was blown away. I was able to go to the Shebly Bash and was able to see many in person there as well as on the dealer's show rooms. But when you see your own for the first time, well, it's a special time. Other peoples cars look great but when you finally see your own it's a different feeling because you know it's yours!

I'm a very fortunate person to be able to own one and have good friends that understand and are willing to help out whenever they can like the people on these boards!

Thanks HSURB! So your saying that I should replace my avatar with my car! :D

I was blown away. I was able to go to the Shebly Bash and was able to see many in person there as well as on the dealer's show rooms. But when you see your own for the first time, well, it's a special time. Other peoples cars look great but when you finally see your own it's a different feeling because you know it's yours!

I'm a very fortunate person to be able to own one and have good friends that understand and are willing to help out whenever they can like the people on these boards!

Joker - if you replace your Avatar with a car photo - YOUR SIMPLY BANNED. Period. No discussion. :redcard::redcard: I'll hit the Report button so fast it will make your head spin.

HSURB

Archived