TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Must read for Washington State Bill SB 6900

BLOWN

Cmon car lovers period in washington state email Sen Tom and tell him what you think about this bill SB 6900. I did and I got this back from him.

Jim,

I understand your frustration. The bill is not going to pass, I didn't even try to get it out of committee. What I wanted to do was start what I believe is an important conversation we as a society need to have regarding how we can reduce our adverse environment impacts, while reducing out dependence on foreign oil from an unstable region. Pouring billions into the Middle East is adding fuel to the fire.

My frustration stems from the auto companies fixation on every car going zero to 60 in under 5 seconds. There are a ton of clean burning diesels in Europe that are getting 50+ MPG. The US auto manufacturers are looked into yesterdays mentality that they can make $10,000 off every SUV sold. I remember in 2005 when we were debating the clean car bill (HB1397), when a lobbyist out from Detroit told me, "We (auto companies) have Washington DC locked up." Washington State has a rich history of showing leadership, and I believe we must do everything we can to intelligently address global warming. I appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Best of success,

Rodney Tom

State Senator

p 360.786.7694

o 800.562.6000 hotline

e tom.rodney@leg.wa.gov

w http://www.sdc.wa.gov/tom.htm

You need to email Sen Tom and let him know how you feel about this. The richer get richer ( goverment) and the poorer get poorer ( us)

Here is another Big Reason this is being talked about now. They have to find new revinue and this is a good one useing global warming.

Overspending into a $2.5 billion Deficit

Washington state will face a $2.5 billion deficit by 2013. Unfortunately, this is the result of the incumbent’s 33

percent spending increase over the past 3 years. Just last Thursday, the Senate Ways and Means Committee

released a six year budget outlook projecting a best-case scenario $937 million deficit in the next biennium and a $2.5

billion deficit by 2013. Remembering that the state was looking at a $2.1 billion surplus in 2007, the incumbent’s

pattern of overspending has put our state in a dire situation in the coming years.

dinorossi.com

http:/

Cmon car lovers period in washington state email Sen Tom and tell him what you think about this bill SB 6900. I did and I got this back from him.

Jim,

I understand your frustration. The bill is not going to pass, I didn't even try to get it out of committee. What I wanted to do was start what I believe is an important conversation we as a society need to have regarding how we can reduce our adverse environment impacts, while reducing out dependence on foreign oil from an unstable region. Pouring billions into the Middle East is adding fuel to the fire.

My frustration stems from the auto companies fixation on every car going zero to 60 in under 5 seconds. There are a ton of clean burning diesels in Europe that are getting 50+ MPG. The US auto manufacturers are looked into yesterdays mentality that they can make $10,000 off every SUV sold. I remember in 2005 when we were debating the clean car bill (HB1397), when a lobbyist out from Detroit told me, "We (auto companies) have Washington DC locked up." Washington State has a rich history of showing leadership, and I believe we must do everything we can to intelligently address global warming. I appreciate your thoughts and feedback.

Best of success,

Rodney Tom

State Senator

p 360.786.7694

o 800.562.6000 hotline

e tom.rodney@leg.wa.gov

w http://www.sdc.wa.gov/tom.htm

You need to email Sen Tom and let him know how you feel about this. The richer get richer ( goverment) and the poorer get poorer ( us)

Sent him an email, didn't flame, just stated the facts. Recommended they try incentives vs taxes to get people to by more efficent cars ( :hysterical2: fat chance with the D's in this state), tried to explain that engine size does not neccesarily equate to effiency and emmisions. After all thats what the CAFE standards and MPG is all about. Oh and the Rich history he refers to, its the D legislatue and their buddies (lobbyists) getting rich :hysterical2:

This is the letter I sent.

I am so fed up with new taxes and the endless programs our elected officials think are so essential. I find the bill (HB1397) particularly disturbing. Trying to sell new taxes based on global warming? Please!!! The evidence is less then compelling that global warming has anything to do with man's short stay on the planet, it has been much hotter and much colder before we were here and no doubt will be again. I totally support conservation and working to clean up our act, but I do not think new taxes are going to solve anything but government's glutinous spending habits. You folks in government need to learn to work within your budget just like every one of your constituents. Its sad when our elected officials, in their consistent need to spend more money, look to Europe for ways to relieve the public at large of their hard earned money. Isn't that mess the reason America exists? I think we have better ideas about how our money should be spent then the government does. Stay our of our pockets and clean your own house, shrink government, use the money you have wisely, and cut the pork and endless programs. Taxes do nothing but slow our economy and raise the cost of doing business in our country contributing to our industry moving off shore.

very VERY well stated HotRodRic & SGT2666 :superhero: you guys have the gift of typing what you think and it makes since :happy feet: I can type for ever and still not make any since. I am sure you got Sen Toms attention. I am sure Sen Tom just loved it. Sen Tom wants to save the world you know :hysterical2: anyway spread the word to all your freinds and to all the car clubs in your area. Hopefully when Dino Rossi runs he will win it this time. I have even emailed his website about this issue. If we are going to go down lets NOT do it by laying down and doing and saying nothing.

SEMPER - FI TO THE END

Archived