Who is getting a KR500KR (non-dealers)?

robertlane

Color Combinations are as follows:

Ebony Black with Matte Black Stripes

Vista Blue Metallic with Silver Stripes

Silver Metallic with Vista Blue Stipes

Torch Red with Silver Stripes

randy

Silver Metallic or Vapor? Vista blue or Grabber Blue strips?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Color Combinations are as follows:

Ebony Black with Matte Black Stripes

Vista Blue Metallic with Silver Stripes

Silver Metallic with Vista Blue Stipes

Torch Red with Silver Stripes

randy

I thought they were going with a different shade of blue stripe on the vapor? Close to what the concept had?

Hello Everyone,

The KR show car sitting at the Toronto Auto Show is the New York Auto Show car from April 2007. So, the details of this car are not correct. You will notice the front spoiler lip is a regular plastic one from a GT500 and not the carbon fibre one that juts out more. It appears the 18" wheels will be standard too, and not the 20s as on the New York show car. You are right about the rear brakes, they should be 4-piston calipers with much larger discs as standard....this is a 3,900 lb car after all.

If you you saw Carroll Shelby's birthday car, that likely would be the closest to a "production" 2008 GT500KR so far.

If these KRs come to Canada, I would make mine Torch Red with Silver stripes. Once we get a definitive Mod Shop price list with all details that would be helpful. My thoughts on that are the 725 hp upgrade, gauge package and 6-piston/14" two-piece front rotor and 14" two-piece rear rotor upgrade that fits the 18s.

I thought they were going with a different shade of blue stripe on the vapor? Close to what the concept had?

ShelbyDude, you can ONLY build a KR in conceps with Black, Torch Red, Silver, Vista Blue..ALL are strip delete ONLY. So the color that SAI installs could be called anything on the strips.

randy

here's a sample order

Order No: F101 Priority: 1

Ord Code: 820A Cust/Flt Name: Wilson

RETAIL

T88 SHELBY COUPE

YN SILVER CC MET or (UA BLACK CC, D3 TORCH RED CC, G9 VISTA BLUE CC)

G NO GRAIN MINI

W DARK CHARCOAL

20A ORDER CODE

.SHELBY INT PKG

.AM/FM 6-CD/MP3

.18" BRT MACHIND

.ANTI-LOCK BRKS

.TRACTION CONTRL

.PWR DRIVER SEAT

99S .5.4L SC 4V V8

44E .6-SPD MAN TRANS

.P255/45/R18

JOB #2 ORDER

12H FLOORMAT DELETE

13D SPOILER DELETE

FRT LICENSE BKT

31K SHIP THRU K

425 50 STATE EMISS

457 3.73 LTD SLIP

51H HID HEADLAMPS

52S TAPE STRIPE DEL

52T TOP STRIPE DEL

54K GT500KR PACKAGE

68S PREM TRIM PKG

95M AMBT LIGHTING

2 U.S. GAL GAS

FDAF ASSESSMENT

DEST AND DELIV

Hello Everyone,

The KR show car sitting at the Toronto Auto Show is the New York Auto Show car from April 2007. So, the details of this car are not correct. You will notice the front spoiler lip is a regular plastic one from a GT500 and not the carbon fibre one that juts out more. It appears the 18" wheels will be standard too, and not the 20s as on the New York show car. You are right about the rear brakes, they should be 4-piston calipers with much larger discs as standard....this is a 3,900 lb car after all.

If you you saw Carroll Shelby's birthday car, that likely would be the closest to a "production" 2008 GT500KR so far.

If these KRs come to Canada, I would make mine Torch Red with Silver stripes. Once we get a definitive Mod Shop price list with all details that would be helpful. My thoughts on that are the 725 hp upgrade, gauge package and 6-piston/14" two-piece front rotor and 14" two-piece rear rotor upgrade that fits the 18s.

From what I've heard, Canada is getting 300 King of the Roads.

God Bless,

Vapor will not be used on the KR. The silver metallic will be used instead.

From what I've heard, Canada is getting 300 King of the Roads.

God Bless,

I do not believe that this is correct. I believe that Canada is slated to receive 100.

I do not believe that this is correct. I believe that Canada is slated to receive 100.

Really now? I've heard otherwise. But admittedly, I haven't read any documentation on the subject. Do you have a credible source?

I agree....... I spoke to my sales person about 6 weeks ago.....he was told that 10% of production will come to Canada(10%of 1000=100).....@$125,000.00 each :rant::doh::censored:

Really now? I've heard otherwise. But admittedly, I haven't read any documentation on the subject. Do you have a credible source?

I posted in the Canada section of the Team Shelby Regional Groups on Dec. 21, 2007 that I had just been contacted by my SVT dealer.

I had put a deposit down with a signed purchase agreement for a GT500KR in April 2007.

Dealership advised that it had just been given a "verbal" commitment from very elevated Ford management that 100 GT500KRs are destined for Canada but will be a 2009 model. Dealership said that the "verbal" commitment can be trusted.

No 2008 GT500KRs currently slated for Canada.

The Owner Principal of the Dealership confirmed his information to me in an email.

You may wish to check out everyone's posts on the GT500KR in the Canada section of the Team Shelby Regional Groups for further information.

At this point, IMHO, the most special thing about the GT500KR is its excessivley high MSRP for what you actually get in comparison to a GT500 (or a Viper or Z06).

Since last year, I also have had a deposit placed and a signed purchase agreement for a ZR1 at MSRP. I'm looking forward to the ZR1 much more now than a GT500KR.

Since last year, I also have had a deposit placed and a signed purchase agreement for a ZR1 at MSRP. I'm looking forward to the ZR1 much more now than a GT500KR.

The biggest disappointment is that the 20s aren't standard, the spoiler is a V6 spoiler, and the vapor paint was reserved for the show car. Some people have been misled. My dad is debating following through on the purchase because of these developments.

The biggest disappointment is that the 20s aren't standard, the spoiler is a V6 spoiler, and the vapor paint was reserved for the show car. Some people have been misled. My dad is debating following through on the purchase because of these developments.

Now I'm actually glad that the first GT500KRs currently destined for Canada will be a 2009 model.

It will be very interesting to see how well (or not) the 2008 GT500KR does in the reviews published by the major, respected independent car magazines/experts etc. once a regular production GT500KR is available for assessment.

If the car generally receives mediocre (or worse) formal reviews and no significant changes are made in the 2009 model, I likely will pass on the purchase... and it won't be because of the final price. IMHO, "King Of The Road" has to actually "mean" something more than just being "catchy" sounding words.

I've already satiated my "Shelby must-have" appetite by having a 2007 GT500 vert since August 2006... and I do have a ZR1 coming!

NOW THAT's FUNNY RIGHT THERE..........I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE...............THAT's FUNNY

i hope my NORTH of the BORDER friends dont take offense, but i thought it was funny too.

Lord forgive me and be with the pigmes (LTCG)

michael morrs

Randy I hope yall are selling some Fords up there. We are having a pretty decent month.

MM

Your half right Robert, they are getting 100 KRs American, but thats 300 Canadian :hysterical::hysterical2:

michael morris

Used to be but thankfully not anymore. Woohoo!!!!

NOW THAT's FUNNY RIGHT THERE..........I DON'T CARE WHO YOU ARE...............THAT's FUNNY

Sure thing Larry. :hysterical:

i hope my NORTH of the BORDER friends dont take offense, but i thought it was funny too.

Lord forgive me and be with the pigmes (LTCG)

michael morrs

MM

None taken Buddy!

It's available - 2008 GT500KR in silver metallic with blue stripes and all the goodies. Anyone interested, if I decide to pass??? Asking 170K, serious inquiries only, please send PM for details.

No bashers, pleeeease.....there's a price tag for everything, and this is it. If you want one of the first KR's released, now's the time.

Thanks,

Neil

Your half right Robert, they are getting 100 KRs American, but thats 300 Canadian :hysterical::hysterical2:

michael morris

Livin' in tha past, Mikey, livin' in the past... We can actually afford to travel to the States now.

Of course, we'd still be happy to take 300 KR's off your hands, but depending on the day, might only get 98. As it turned out, I bought enough $US for my SuperSnake conversions when we were well on the plus side for a couple of weeks, so I feel I'm getting a discount on the package. Funny, my wife doesn't see it that way tho... :hysterical:

Dealership advised that it had just been given a "verbal" commitment from very elevated Ford management that 100 GT500KRs are destined for Canada but will be a 2009 model. Dealership said that the "verbal" commitment can be trusted.

No 2008 GT500KRs currently slated for Canada.

The 100 going to Canada are 2008 models. 2009 models have not been decided on yet for production.

Vapor was NOT the color of the GT500KR show car. Those GT500KRs were Silver Metallic. At one point, Ford did desire to use Vapor of the GT500KRs for production, but that never happened and I am not aware of even one that was produced for public viewing.

The 100 going to Canada are 2008 models. 2009 models have not been decided on yet for production.

The Owner Principal of my SVT dealership advised me that he was directly told by a Ford VP that no 2008 GT500KRs were coming to Canada and the 100 destined for Canada will be 2009 models.

I asked the Owner Principal if this could change. He advised that something "very dramatic" would have to happen for any 2008 models to come to Canada. I have not received any info from the Owner Principal that any such change has been made.

My SVT dealership is reported to be the largest Mustang selling dealership in Canada.

If I get approval from the Owner Principal, I'll give you his email address and you can debate directly with him what he was told by a Ford VP.

Vapor was NOT the color of the GT500KR show car. Those GT500KRs were Silver Metallic. At one point, Ford did desire to use Vapor of the GT500KRs for production, but that never happened and I am not aware of even one that was produced for public viewing.

The one at SEMA didn't seem like a normal silver. I've never seen a Mustang GT in the KR color. It could have been the lighting, as well.

Archived