TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who is getting a KR500KR (non-dealers)?

robertlane

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am sure Robert is dreaming about one like most of us... but getting one, there are only a lucky few :happy feet: Maybe I will win the lotto this week end :hysterical2:

Hey Rick-

I'm with you, Neil keeps hoping and I keeping praying....Mega Millions is at 179 million, should cover at least one for us.

Linda

Aside from dealers, who is getting a GT500KR?

1. What color are you choosing?

2. What options are you going to get?

Robert

It would really help if the would at least make options and colors a SURE deal

at least in the order guide

because if the nobody really know the REAL options how can anybody decide what to order?

at least when joe customer tries to find out they could actually hear the REAL FACTS

Robert

It would really help if the would at least make options and colors a SURE deal

at least in the order guide

because if the nobody really know the REAL options how can anybody decide what to order?

at least when joe customer tries to find out they could actually hear the REAL FACTS

Looking into it now......

My Canadian SVT dealer has assured me that I will get a 2009 GT500KR (see my previous posts in the Team Shelby Regional Groups > Canada).

If I don't think that the car is worth the huge amount of additional money for the seemingly minor mechanical/cosmetic/performance differences compared to my 2007 GT500, I'll likely pass. As members of the forum have well voiced, a GT500KR should not be bought as an investment.

In addition, I've got a deposit down and a signed offer to purchase a ZR1. :happy feet:

If I do ignore the overpriced nature of the GT500KR, I'll likely choose Vista Blue with Silver stripes.

No options.

Available options are likely only going to be a Shaker 1000 and NAV.

My Canadian SVT dealer has assured me that I will get a 2009 GT500KR (see my previous posts in the Team Shelby Regional Groups > Canada).

If I don't think that the car is worth the huge amount of additional money for the seemingly minor mechanical/cosmetic/performance differences compared to my 2007 GT500, I'll likely pass. As members of the forum have well voiced, a GT500KR should not be bought as an investment.

In addition, I've got a deposit down and a signed offer to purchase a ZR1. :happy feet:

If I do ignore the overpriced nature of the GT500KR, I'll likely choose Vista Blue with Silver stripes.

No options.

Available options are likely only going to be a Shaker 1000 and NAV.

I'm with you on the colour choice. I like the black more, but just can't keep it clean. I hope it works out for you!

After today at the Toronto Auto Show things are looking even less likely for my working class a$$ getting a KR.

They had a done over GT500 in Vapor/blue there. Steering wheel, faux gas cap still said GT500. Rear brakes looked like they were off a V6 and yet the dude who spoke to me was telling me the order banks WERE open, and they have a three car allotment and that the first one sold at BJ for $250,000.00! Yes he said 250k.

At first he thought he was blowin smoke and getting away with it. Once I'd had enough I started talking and that was when he realized he knew a hell of a lot less than I did he called over "the Big Guy".

Big Guy starts telling me that it's an amazing car and that it has been confirmed that a car was pre sold in British Columbia for 120k +. Of course he says "The car is worth it!"

Now I'm starting to get a bit Jerked and I point to my shirt which says Shelby OA. I inform him that my car came in July 06 and blah blah. I ask him how he can claim the car is worth all of the 120K when Ford Canada has not released MSRP and there's a 600hp Viper SRT10 just over there for 103k? The dude just pissed me off. My family started pulling me away telling me to let it go but now I'm jerked at the car there isn't even a real KR..... or someone forgot to finish adding the KR stuff. I've left a lot of the 15 minute conversation out because it just isn't worth it.

So, we went over to the Land Rover booth and since I probably wont be getting the KR I think I'll keep my 625hp lowly GT500, save the money and grief needed to bump up to the KR and grab a Land Rover for the family as a beater! Or I'll finally build that killer 2V with a T-trim for my Bullitt to run low 10's.

Rant over!

After today at the Toronto Auto Show things are looking even less likely for my working class a$$ getting a KR.

They had a done over GT500 in Vapor/blue there. Steering wheel, faux gas cap still said GT500. Rear brakes looked like they were off a V6 and yet the dude who spoke to me was telling me the order banks WERE open, and they have a three car allotment and that the first one sold at BJ for $250,000.00! Yes he said 250k.

At first he thought he was blowin smoke and getting away with it. Once I'd had enough I started talking and that was when he realized he knew a hell of a lot less than I did he called over "the Big Guy".

Big Guy starts telling me that it's an amazing car and that it has been confirmed that a car was pre sold in British Columbia for 120k +. Of course he says "The car is worth it!"

Now I'm starting to get a bit Jerked and I point to my shirt which says Shelby OA. I inform him that my car came in July 06 and blah blah. I ask him how he can claim the car is worth all of the 120K when Ford Canada has not released MSRP and there's a 600hp Viper SRT10 just over there for 103k? The dude just pissed me off. My family started pulling me away telling me to let it go but now I'm jerked at the car there isn't even a real KR..... or someone forgot to finish adding the KR stuff. I've left a lot of the 15 minute conversation out because it just isn't worth it.

So, we went over to the Land Rover booth and since I probably wont be getting the KR I think I'll keep my 625hp lowly GT500, save the money and grief needed to bump up to the KR and grab a Land Rover for the family as a beater! Or I'll finally build that killer 2V with a T-trim for my Bullitt to run low 10's.

Rant over!

Yep I checked with my dealer a month ago & they were only taking down payment on 3 K.Rs. & had one spot open at 100k .

This info out this morning from FORD..........

To: All Ford Dealers

Subject: EFC0200301DC 2008 Mustang GT500KR Lottery Winner Communications Plan

We are excited to announce that the notification of the winners in the 2008 Mustang Shelby GT500KR allocation lottery will begin on Monday, February 18, 2008. We know that you've been anticipating this moment for a long time! Production for this great new Mustang will begin in March and conclude with the Mustang balance-out in May.

The Regional Sales Offices will begin communicating with the winning dealers beginning on February 18th and will conclude by Thursday, March 14th. The announcement of the winning dealerships will be staggered to coincide with the production months (March, April and May). Winners for March and early-April production will be contacted between 2/18 & 2/22. Winners for the balance of April production will be contacted between 2/25 & 2/29. Finally, winners for May production will be contacted between 3/10 & 3/14.

Pricing, ordering instructions and billing information will be provided in a separate communication to be released next week.

Below please find the summary of allocation plan as explained in efc #EFC0700640DC:

Allocation Plan

The limited production numbers made it necessary for the Shelby GT500KR to have a unique allocation plan.

Dealers will have three opportunities to earn allocation:

Random drawing at the 2007 National Dealer Forum, which occurred in June.

Greatest of All Time Truck Leadership Fast Start Mustang Shelby GT500 KR Lottery. Hit your objective in July and you will be entered into random lottery drawings for 2008 Shelby GT500 KR allocation.

All remaining GT500KRs will be distributed via a random lottery drawing:

Each Region will earn allocation based on the Region's share of 2006 & 2007 retail Mustang sales. All 18 Regions (17 Contact/1 Select) will earn allocation.

Dealers will be provided "dealer chips" to be entered into a random draw lottery, with each dealer's chip amount representing the dealer's share of their respective Region's retail Mustang sales (see example listed below)

Dealers in the Select Dealer Region will be entered in to the Select Dealer Region drawing and not in to their facing Contact Region's drawing.

Dealers must be enrolled in the Mustang Shelby GT500 program and must satisfy all current certification requirements prior to delivery.

Example:

Region A earned 10% of the Mustang GT 500KRs based their 2006 & 2007 retail sales.

Dealer ABC, who sold 5% of Region A's retail Mustangs would then receive 5% of the total "dealer chips" allocated for Region A's random draw lottery.

As previously announced, the 2008 Shelby GT500KR is not part of the 2007 President's Award recognition program.

I'm with you on the colour choice. I like the black more, but just can't keep it clean. I hope it works out for you!

Thanks Vogon for the positive thoughts.

Since you have both Ebony and Vista Blue GT500s, you speak with the voice of experience. :)

...Steering wheel, faux gas cap still said GT500.

....My family started pulling me away telling me to let it go but now I'm jerked at the car there isn't even a real KR..... or someone forgot to finish adding the KR stuff....

I checked the photos from the 2007 New York Auto Show where Ford introduced the 2008 GT500KR prototype.

Although I think that it would be great if the steering wheel hub and faux gas cap actually included "KR" (especially for the super high MSRP), the ones on the GT500KR prototype are the same as on the basic GT500.

Unless "KR" has been added since the prototype, unfortunately they both only say "SHELBY GT500." :shrug:

post-6490-1203381814_thumb.jpg

post-6490-1203381765_thumb.jpg

I checked the photos from the 2007 New York Auto Show where Ford introduced the 2008 GT500KR prototype.

Although I think that it would be great if the steering wheel hub and faux gas cap actually included "KR" (especially for the super high MSRP), the ones on the GT500KR prototype are the same as on the basic GT500.

Unless "KR" has been added since the prototype, unfortunately they both only say "SHELBY GT500." :shrug:

post-1973-1203395856_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1203395856_thumb.jpg

maybe a better shot

Thanks kaylan1521 for the pics showing the faux gas cap on the Barrett-Jackson / Carrolls' Black on Black 2008 GT500KR. :)

Thinking that "KR" might have been added to the steering wheel hub and faux gas cap on the final production model, I looked for such pics on the web to confirm before making my post but I couldn't find any.

I conclude from your earlier comments about the steering wheel at the Toronto Auto Show that "KR" was also added to the steering wheel hub on the final production model as well.

These additions must be the reason for the high MSRP. :lol:

I was just able to find a pic clearly showing the faux gas cap on the 2008 GT500KR at the Barrett-Jackson auction.

It would appear that Ron Pratte should get a refund for not having "KR" on his faux gas cap. :hysterical2:

I hope that they add it to all final production models. :rolleyes:

post-6490-1203432955_thumb.jpg

post-6490-1203432955_thumb.jpg

OK I am new don't pick on me.....

My question is what color combos is the KR coming in?

Color Combinations are as follows:

Ebony Black with Matte Black Stripes

Vista Blue Metallic with Silver Stripes

Silver Metallic with xxxx Blue Stripes (edited name of blue strip But car color is Silver YN)

Torch Red with Silver Stripes

randy

Archived