TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Shelby Tire pressure moniter system or not

My dealer tells me I have no tire pressure monitering system on my 2007 Shelby GT. Another dealer says it is on the 2008 Shelby GT not the 2007. A friend of mine in ford parts says it is there not activated. I do not want to take the tire off the rim to find out. Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.

My dealer tells me I have no tire pressure monitering system on my 2007 Shelby GT. Another dealer says it is on the 2008 Shelby GT not the 2007. A friend of mine in ford parts says it is there not activated. I do not want to take the tire off the rim to find out. Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.

My 07 SGT has the Tire Pressure Monitoring system---and I can confirm it works, have had it read low the first time the temperature got cold this year.

The 2007 Shelby GTs did come with TPMS. You can check your manual.

It is listed in the 2007 Mustang Sales Brochure

It is listed in my 2007 owners manual.

The Idiot light illuminates whenever I start the car (to verify the bulb is not burned out)

Others on the forum have had false positives with the system

So, short of desmanteling the car, I'd say yours has it, too.

the TPMS is standard equipment, the option is the message center.

It's not listed on my window sticker as an add-on, or, an option with group accessories, such as the IUP, even if for free.

The language in the 2007 owner's handbook (page 142) and the "big red book" speak in terms of standard equipment. The customary "if so equipped" phrase for options and features available on different models is absent. It may be broken, but it's there.

Why not let 20 PSI out of the left front tire and drive around the block (reaching 20 MPH)? This should give you a final answer.

the TPMS is standard equipment, the option is the message center.

It's not listed on my window sticker as an add-on, or, an option with group accessories, such as the IUP, even if for free.

The language in the 2007 owner's handbook (page 142) and the "big red book" speak in terms of standard equipment. The customary "if so equipped" phrase for options and features available on different models is absent. It may be broken, but it's there.

Why not let 20 PSI out of the left front tire and drive around the block (reaching 20 MPH)? This should give you a final answer.

I hear you my window sticker does not have it my dealer ran the build sheet and it is not there either. A mechanic overheard my conversation and this is what he said turn the Key on and off 3 times then step on the break, then turn the key on and off again 3 times no brake and the car will beep 3 times. When it beeps it means the sensors are in training mode that will tell you. However I think I just will turn on the car as suggested to see the light and that will do it.

It is listed in the 2007 Mustang Sales Brochure

It is listed in my 2007 owners manual.

The Idiot light illuminates whenever I start the car (to verify the bulb is not burned out)

Others on the forum have had false positives with the system

So, short of desmanteling the car, I'd say yours has it, too.

Ok tried the idiot light route evey symbol there but the TPS,then tried information center for the first time great!! info but nothing on TPS. I will take your word on this but it seems well hidden.

I hear you my window sticker does not have it my dealer ran the build sheet and it is not there either. A mechanic overheard my conversation and this is what he said turn the Key on and off 3 times then step on the break, then turn the key on and off again 3 times no brake and the car will beep 3 times. When it beeps it means the sensors are in training mode that will tell you. However I think I just will turn on the car as suggested to see the light and that will do it.

The advice to let some air out of the tires and drive it around to see if the light and/or message comes on is probably the easiest way to find out if it's working.

There is a 3 key on/off and brake pedal tap sequence for putting the TPMS in training mode. That won't help much if you don't have the TPMS "training" tool so I'm not sure you would be able to get anything of value from that process.

Many of the bigger tire stores are more experienced with the TPMS sensors and training tools than the dealers since that's all they do for a living. The dealer's mechanics don't have much reason to switch tires/sensors on 2007 vehicles so they may not be the experts. Also, I have recent experience with the tire store selling and installling Ford OEM TPMS straps and sensors at about half the price of the dealer.

If someone at a good high volume tire store can't tell you if the TPMS sensors are installed/working then you might want to consider taking the car back to the dealer and ask them to reflash the Smart Juction Box (SJB) with the "as-built" information for your specific VIN number car. The SJB has the control logic for the TPMS system and it could be disabled or in a confused state. After the SJB is reflashed the TPMS sensors need to be re-trained again.

Good Luck...

The advice to let some air out of the tires and drive it around to see if the light and/or message comes on is probably the easiest way to find out if it's working.

There is a 3 key on/off and brake pedal tap sequence for putting the TPMS in training mode. That won't help much if you don't have the TPMS "training" tool so I'm not sure you would be able to get anything of value from that process.

Many of the bigger tire stores are more experienced with the TPMS sensors and training tools than the dealers since that's all they do for a living. The dealer's mechanics don't have much reason to switch tires/sensors on 2007 vehicles so they may not be the experts. Also, I have recent experience with the tire store selling and installling Ford OEM TPMS straps and sensors at about half the price of the dealer.

If someone at a good high volume tire store can't tell you if the TPMS sensors are installed/working then you might want to consider taking the car back to the dealer and ask them to reflash the Smart Juction Box (SJB) with the "as-built" information for your specific VIN number car. The SJB has the control logic for the TPMS system and it could be disabled or in a confused state. After the SJB is reflashed the TPMS sensors need to be re-trained again.

Good Luck...

Gawd..I love it when someone who knows what they're talking about posts!

:happy feet:

After ownig my car for 6 months, my light came on. Stopped at the dealer since I have nitrogen in my tires, and I was 4 lbs light in one tire. They filled it and the light was gone ! :happy feet:

Someone explain to us mechanically challenged what the benefit of nitrogen is? Or is Sue just showing off another Florida thing?

"Sunshine and Nitrogen!"

:waiting:

Someone explain to us mechanically challenged what the benefit of nitrogen is? Or is Sue just showing off another Florida thing?

"Sunshine and Nitrogen!"

1. More larger molecules means less slow "leakage" (not from holes mind you but the stuff that makes you have to top off the tires every once in a while

2. Nitrogen doesn't expand as much under heat so the tire pressure doesn't change much from cold to hot.

It's *very expensive* and not widely available.

Let's see...lifetime fill was 20 dollars. Not too bad.

I have had my car almost a year, one tire needed 4-5 lbs once. My other tires haven't changed pressure wise since the day I had them filled.

No wear on my tires at all 7600 miles later. It is proven to decrease wear on tires.

I live in Florida with high temps, and it is highly recommended. It's been the best 20 bucks I have spent.

I did ask the dealer if I get a low tire away from home /dealer, he said just to put air in if no nitrogen available..and come in as soon as i can for a refill. If it wasn't severe , I would just get it to a dealer, and if it is severe, I would have it towed anyways.

"Sunshine and Nitrogen!"

I wasn't going to rub it in...but just for that.... it's 75 and gorgeous. Just got Ralph all beautified and I am heading out to the beachfront to meet some friends....then off for a nice drive along the coast !! :happy feet: :happy feet: :hysterical:

I wasn't going to rub it in...but just for that.... it's 75 and gorgeous. Just got Ralph all beautified and I am heading out to the beachfront to meet some friends....then off for a nice drive along the coast !! :happy feet: :happy feet: :hysterical:

:redcard: not nice :finger: its 5 deg here and it snowed last night the roads are sh1t

Archived