TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hertz info from Rental Sites??

GTH298

Has anyone contacted the Hertz rental location (that thier car was part of the rental fleet) to get any more historical info on the GT-H? I am curious if they will give such info like: number of times rented, accident history, repair history, etc.

Has anyone contacted the Hertz rental location (that thier car was part of the rental fleet) to get any more historical info on the GT-H? I am curious if they will give such info like: number of times rented, accident history, repair history, etc.

I contacted Hertz main office a few weeks ago and never rec'd a response. My guess is it is info especially on body repairs/etc. that they would prefer to keep in their records.

Hey Jon, did they at least give you the info verbally? At least that would be something worth writing down as some history...

I will check it out in a few weeks when I go there and repost my results. Wish me luck..... :headspin:

Hey Jon, did they at least give you the info verbally? At least that would be something worth writing down as some history...

I will check it out in a few weeks when I go there and repost my results. Wish me luck..... :headspin:

GOOD luck . They simply never got back. It would be nice info to have if we could get it :snake:

GOOD luck . They simply never got back. It would be nice info to have if we could get i i have to say i heard how the car came with all this info in a pac and wheni got nothing but the auto book i thought some one took the rest of the stuff from the car after reading about comtacting hertz they sent me alot of stuff like the original sticker and the shelby upgrade sticker all laminated i am pretty impressed that i got this much

Yes, they were VERY prompt on getting out the Hertz packet.......And I commend them for that. Maybe if enough owners bring this matter up , we may get some more info out from them.

Hi

I saw Hertz records, rt mirror replaced and cad conveter replaced, but thay would not print for legal reasons !!!!

Jon

Hi

I saw Hertz records, rt mirror replaced and cad conveter replaced, but thay would not print for legal reasons !!!!

Jon

Jon, What info did you have to give them so they could find your particular car ( license plate # or VIN )?

Randy

Hertz maintains a record of every event with all of their cars. This includes rental history, oil changes, accident repair records (including pictures of the damaged car prior to repairs) installation sheets. Each of these documents will contain the Hertz inventory control number (this is the seven digit number that is found on the key tag insert AND appears on the door jamb), date and mileage on the car, etc. The rental history is generally not available for the retail end purchaser however the Maintenance Records should be, but you will need to make a written request for them. I would suggest you contact Hertz World Headquarters in Park Ridge New Jersey and ask for the Corporate VP for Maintenance. They should be able to tell you how to obtain the records. As a note, these records are maintained on a data base so you will only get printed copies. The dealer that bought the car at the Ford auction should also be able to give you records indicating if the car went through the auction as a "Green Light", "Yellow Light", or "Red Light" car. If anything but a "green light car" then there was a maintenance or accident event in the car's history. Hope this helps answer your question.

Hertz maintains a record of every event with all of their cars. This includes rental history, oil changes, accident repair records (including pictures of the damaged car prior to repairs) installation sheets. Each of these documents will contain the Hertz inventory control number (this is the seven digit number that is found on the key tag insert AND appears on the door jamb), date and mileage on the car, etc. The rental history is generally not available for the retail end purchaser however the Maintenance Records should be, but you will need to make a written request for them. I would suggest you contact Hertz World Headquarters in Park Ridge New Jersey and ask for the Corporate VP for Maintenance. They should be able to tell you how to obtain the records. As a note, these records are maintained on a data base so you will only get printed copies. The dealer that bought the car at the Ford auction should also be able to give you records indicating if the car went through the auction as a "Green Light", "Yellow Light", or "Red Light" car. If anything but a "green light car" then there was a maintenance or accident event in the car's history. Hope this helps answer your question.

Excellent info..thanks

Archived