TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Conv. Clone

SGT#3670

Yes, it is at our dealership. Our body shop did all the work.

It is advertised as a GT Mustang with a GT500 appearance package.

Was $40,610......now only $32,500 with rebates applied. You could not build one for this price. Plus the stripes over the top are PAINTED, not vinyl.

Thanks 4the reply ShelbyDude, from the pics I cant tell the difference. I dont know how GT500 owners feel about this, but your shop did a great job.

Thanks 4the reply ShelbyDude, from the pics I cant tell the difference. I dont know how GT500 owners feel about this, but your shop did a great job.

Some have no problems with it. Some feel flattered. Some absolutely hate it.

I am a GT500 owner and it does not bother me at all. In fact, I would have no problem buying one if I was not able to get a GT500.

Wicked, would this not be a violation of the Shelby licensing rules? It would seem that to put "Shelby" on any Mustang, you had better have SAI's permission. Seriously, should this be forwarded to Amy. Besides being unfair to those of us who have real ones, it is a bad idea from a marketing point of view to have these clones out there. My two cents. Jim

I respectfully disagree. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

I think it shows a demand for our cars. What will the demand for real SGT's be in the future?

As for the GT500, A friend here at work has a sweet 500. He also has a GT cloned to perfection. The only noticable differnece is it's an automatic that he uses for his DD.

Dan

Wicked, would this not be a violation of the Shelby licensing rules? It would seem that to put "Shelby" on any Mustang, you had better have SAI's permission. Seriously, should this be forwarded to Amy. Besides being unfair to those of us who have real ones, it is a bad idea from a marketing point of view to have these clones out there. My two cents. Jim

the owner owns the car..he can do with it as he please....i admit..i have ripped off those tags on mattresses..is the matress police lurking...they manufacturer of the parts to convert grocery getters into clones will have or could have a houston type problem..just an opinion..not a lawyer and dont play one on the tele

i think your right Jim, i pretty sure you CANT use the name without an agreement.

The fender badges came up on ebay not to long ago. dont remember how, but somebody got a few of them. the stripe is NOT a shelby stripe. they havent had a black striped SGT. someone just made a copy. Good idea, but i think its illegal

michael morris

where is the car at?

AFBlue got a few set of the fender badges and sold them for BIG$$$$ on EBAY. I think he got $500 bucks a pair for them- That car may "appear" like a SGT but it is red and anyone who knows a Shelby GT knows this is a fake.

As for AFBlue, that is capitalism at its best! Even though I hate my car being cloned, on the other hand if you have a car that is being cloned you have something someone else wants!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived