TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Deceptive marketing for KR's and the SS package?

gabed1

To me since the new GT500 came out Shelby has had a history of making false claims of "limited production".

First the GT500 would be only 2 years and 7000 cars. Then they "Changed there minds" and went to 10,000 cars per year for 07 and 08. Then the Shelby GT came out (with no convertible) but was signed by Carroll Shelby on the dash. Guess what, the suckers who paid way to much over sticker for the GT500 had to pony up more $$$ for the dash plaque and the SVT Certificate. "

I am sure that wasn't planed either"

The next year "Surprise" there was a Shelby GT Convertible. Then they "surprised us yet again" with the "exclusive" 40th anniversary Edition Package (soon to follow by the Super Snake Package.) Of course for more $$$.

Then "like it wasn't planed" the KR came out. Again it would be the "fastest and most exclusive" production Shelby Mustang and only for a one year production run. "Surprise" they did it again there will be an 09 KR and an 09 GT500 and also a 2010.

I am sure the KR convertible will soon to follow in 09 most likely mid year to keep the marketing going. And this is going to go on and on for as long as they can play this out. The promises of the "fastest" and most "exclusive" Shelby will most likely be gotten by those who wait till this marketing scheme is over.

As for the people who purchased the SS package "if" they make an 09 or 2010 SS I would sue for misrepresentation. Subpoena all their emails and you may find out this was actually the plan all along. And if that is the case it could be considered deceptive marketing...

Now for the rest of you in the "Shelby Cult" that were "brain washed" to think that people should not buy a car for an investment or for it's exclusivity you have a right to your opinion. I think most people that paid 30-50k over sticker for their GT500 did it based on limited production. Had most of those folks knew that they would increase the production and number of years they were really planning on producing these cars. I am sure they would not have paid that kind of AMD for these cars. Same for the KR buyers that don't spend time on forums like this. They are making there decision on what many may later feel was deceptive marketing. If you want to buy your car to drive it that is your business but don't attack us that look at these cars as an investment. I can tell you for sure there isn't a newly produced Shelby Gt500, Shelby GT, GT500KR (special hood and cold air kit), or what ever is next that is worth 80k. These are MUSTANGS!

Get a grip on reality. The demand for these cars are biased on the legend of the cars from the 60's and the chance to have something that some day will be worth something. People wanted a piece of Shelby history. I am sure many of you feel that this new "shelby" company has taken advantage of its core fans.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude,

If I want to spend 3 million on a mustang, that is my business...

YOu are beggin to be slammed with a post like that though, and I don't know where you thought the betrayal came into play, but Ford and Shelby are businesses and are in it to make money.

What happened when Tickle me elmo came out? IT sold like wildfire...so what did hasbro do next xmas? elmo special edition...get used to it...its called consumer frenzy marketing, and it is here to stay! Chevy will do it with camaro, and blah blah dead horse blah ack...

Dont you have the 1st blue gt500 to sell so you can get your kr from your trusted dealer? you should be working on that instead of slamming us for liking our cars and shelby.

I dont EVER pick sides cuz I prefer not to offend anyone...but the gaunlet has been thrown down and I HAVE to now take the side of OUR forum.

:redcard:

:finger:

It is great to have a car and think or hope it will someday be exclusive and valuable, but history shows it often happens the other way around - cars are limited in production for whatever reason (price, lack of parts, changing laws or market trends) and you find yourself with a golden ticket decades later. If you are seriously buying a GT500 or SS for an "exclusive" investment, you need another financial adviser.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with Ford or Shelby making more of these cars - I got a great, fun car and why would I want to deny someone else the same (within reason, of course). More cars sold would mean more club members, more events, more parts suppliers, etc. Think about why the original Mustangs are still and probably always will be so popular - because anyone can join the club at virtually any price level. Had buyers realized that success breeds success (and the continuation of cars the next model year), that would slightly lower demand, supply would be higher over time, and the prices would presumably be lower (it's been fifteen years since I took economics, but I think that rule still applies).

I think that this guy is just pissed cause he wants to sell his car, and had been unable to get his money out of it so far

another of his posts

Guys why all the anger? No one if making you buy my car. Like many of you who bought early we paid high dealer mark-up's.

Everyone know convertibles get more money in the summer than in the winter. I am asking 57k for my car. If it sells fine, if not I am sure I will have no problem this summer.

I am not trying to make the car out to be more "valuable" than what it is but there was less than 300 blue vets produced. If they make another 300 that is still less than 600 blue convertibles for the entire country. If someone wants that color bad enough they "may" pay a little more for it..

he apparently wants to buy a kr now, and has some buyer's remorse overr the adm he paid

I don't view it as deceptive, it is just marketing and business.

I bought my GT500 because;

1) I like Mustangs and the S197 reminds me of my old one

2) Thought owning a Shelby would be great since I never had the chance before

3) I wanted a new one to drive and not worry about every little thing. It is a 50K car, my truck cost more.

4) Finally I will SS it because I like what SIA is offering and sure it may be a little more exclusive.

If it is worth more down the road, that is a bonus to the fun of driving it.

I got my first GT500 1 1/2 years ago in august of 2006. It was a very early car, built the second week of production. Even then, I never believed these cars would be limited to 7000 or anything of the likes. All that stuck in my mind was Hau Tai Tang saying they would build a GT500 for everyone that wanted one. His words were quickly forgotten when other reports, mainly from dealers starting surfacing about how limited they would be. Some dealers reported this to be misleading and some honestly believed it based on information given them by Ford. Mainly, I think people heard what they wanted to hear but remember HTT was heading up SVT and he stated plainly at the NYAS when the car made its first appearance, that they would be built to meet demand. Because of this, I have never felt misled by Ford.

It is great to have a car and think or hope it will someday be exclusive and valuable, but history shows it often happens the other way around - cars are limited in production for whatever reason (price, lack of parts, changing laws or market trends) and you find yourself with a golden ticket decades later. If you are seriously buying a GT500 or SS for an "exclusive" investment, you need another financial adviser.

Personally, I see nothing wrong with Ford or Shelby making more of these cars - I got a great, fun car and why would I want to deny someone else the same (within reason, of course). More cars sold would mean more club members, more events, more parts suppliers, etc. Think about why the original Mustangs are still and probably always will be so popular - because anyone can join the club at virtually any price level. Had buyers realized that success breeds success (and the continuation of cars the next model year), that would slightly lower demand, supply would be higher over time, and the prices would presumably be lower (it's been fifteen years since I took economics, but I think that rule still applies).

+1. Most of the rarest muscle cars of the 60s are now rare because they had engine options that were not in high demand. For instance there were only a few Hemi Cudas convertible made simply because the Hemi option was so expensive and that few were interested in putting that kind of engine in a vert at the time, not becaude Chrysler had a set production number in mind. I think that most of those that paid ADM for their car did so because they wanted to have it ASAP. It happens with every hot car, whether or not they are limited in production of not (the new Challenger is a good exemple).

Buying a car strictly as an investment is not necessarily a good idea anyway. There are much better ways to invest your money over a 30 year period.

I think that this guy is just pissed cause he wants to sell his car, and had been unable to get his money out of it so far

another of his posts

Guys why all the anger? No one if making you buy my car. Like many of you who bought early we paid high dealer mark-up's.

Everyone know convertibles get more money in the summer than in the winter. I am asking 57k for my car. If it sells fine, if not I am sure I will have no problem this summer.

I am not trying to make the car out to be more "valuable" than what it is but there was less than 300 blue vets produced. If they make another 300 that is still less than 600 blue convertibles for the entire country. If someone wants that color bad enough they "may" pay a little more for it..

he apparently wants to buy a kr now, and has some buyer's remorse overr the adm he paid

I think he has a valid point of view. My experiences with their two different parts departments and an authorized dealer was poor at best, still waiting for my "Certificate of Authenticity" for my dash plaque. What a joke. Just my personal experience, so lets hear from the "Can do no wrong" people. I have tried repeatedly to address the parts issue in a personal way, through emails, pm's, and phone calls. That is why I am putting it out in the open. No big secret.

I got my first GT500 1 1/2 years ago in august of 2006. It was a very early car, built the second week of production. Even then, I never believed these cars would be limited to 7000 or anything of the likes. All that stuck in my mind was Hau Tai Tang saying they would build a GT500 for everyone that wanted one. His words were quickly forgotten when other reports, mainly from dealers starting surfacing about how limited they would be. Some dealers reported this to be misleading and some honestly believed it based on information given them by Ford. Mainly, I think people heard what they wanted to hear but remember HTT was heading up SVT and he stated plainly at the NYAS when the car made its first appearance, that they would be built to meet demand. Because of this, I have never felt misled by Ford.

I was remembering the same thing about Hau Tai Tang as I read this post. Oh how people forget or choose to forget.

We all know you can't go by what dealers tell you they usually know a lot less than the enthuisast does about what they sell.

The only valid point raised here is pertaining to the GT500 only.

Ford did say only 7000 per year for two years ONLY!

I heard that first hand coming from Ford at the Chicago Auto Show.

Then later in March of 2006 FORD told their dealers they were LIMITING the GT500 to 8k - 9k per year for TWO YEARS with a TOTAL PRODUCTION of approx 18k - 19k units.

This was broadcasted by Ford via Ford Dealer Television to every dealer in the US. This is where the dealers got all this information from as far as telling consumers limited production for two years! It has had nothing to do qwith dealer hype. That is exactly what FORD told everyone!

As far as the SGT, coming out with a KR, offering to add 40th PACKAGES and SS PACKAGES to EXISTING GT500's and coming out with any other DIFFERENT MODEL of Shelby, that has NOTHING to do with the GT500.

Ford said they would limit the GT500 for two years only.

They never said this would be the ONLY SHELBY CAR made. Only the GT500 was going to be limited to 18k - 19k units over two years only for 2007 and 2008.

The part of upping the production from 7k units per year to 8k - 9k per year, I see nothing wrong with that part because they announced that BEFORE the car ever went into production. So consumers and dealers all knew about that part months before the car went into production.

So the ONLY part that would be a valid argument in my opinion would be over building more regular GT500's after 2008. Offering any other models like the SGT or later a GT350 or any other model they can come up with, those would have NOTHING to do with building the GT500 for two years only and being limited to 18k - 19k total units.

So anyone that may feel like they were lied to or given false misrepresentation about the GT500 ONLY, whereby Ford continues to build more after 2008, I would agree with 100%! They were mislead, I was mislead, and every dealer was mislead into believing this because that is EXACTLY what FORD told us!

To this day, FORD still has not told us whether they are building the GT500 for 09 or not. They still to this day are telling us nothing!

The only answer I have ever gotten from anyone at Ford, other than "no", "I don't know" and "not that I know of", is...."If I tell you the answer to that I would have to kill you!"

So Ford is still misleading the public through its dealers by refusing to come clean and be honest with them. Ford is fully aware of the fact dealers are telling consumers TWO YEARS ONLY and that there will NOT be a 2009 GT500 all while knowing whether they are going to build a 2009 or not.

So WHY doesn't FORD just come out and tell their dealers and the public the truth so dealers are not misleading consumers based on what FORD told us all back in March of 2006?????

See my responses below

To me since the new GT500 came out Shelby has had a history of making false claims of "limited production".

>>> this is a ford car, why would you say this about Shelby? I think its always easy to blame Shelby, But this car was built by Ford. I don't know what they promised, I wasn't here then.

First the GT500 would be only 2 years and 7000 cars. Then they "Changed there minds" and went to 10,000 cars per year for 07 and 08. Then the Shelby GT came out (with no convertible) but was signed by Carroll Shelby on the dash. Guess what, the suckers who paid way to much over sticker for the GT500 had to pony up more $$$ for the dash plaque and the SVT Certificate. "

>> The Shelby GT was proposed by Shelby in cooperation with Ford. Why would this be an issue? Carroll made many different Mustangs in the 60's and we will recreate that today.

I am sure that wasn't planed either"

>> The shelby Gt wasn't planned when the gt500 was, as the GT was done by Shelby Autos, we proposed this right after the success of the hertz car, actually the ford dealers wanted a retail version of the hertz car

The next year "Surprise" there was a Shelby GT Convertible. Then they "surprised us yet again" with the "exclusive" 40th anniversary Edition Package (soon to follow by the Super Snake Package.) Of course for more $$$.

>> Actually, your dates are off,Shelby proposed the 4th in Sema 06 right after the gt500 came out, this was before the shelby GT and the Supersnake, all these packages and cars are from Shelbyautos.

Then "like it wasn't planed" the KR came out. Again it would be the "fastest and most exclusive" production Shelby Mustang and only for a one year production run. "Surprise" they did it again there will be an 09 KR and an 09 GT500 and also a 2010.

I am sure the KR convertible will soon to follow in 09 most likely mid year to keep the marketing going. And this is going to go on and on for as long as they can play this out. The promises of the "fastest" and most "exclusive" Shelby will most likely be gotten by those who wait till this marketing scheme is over.

As for the people who purchased the SS package "if" they make an 09 or 2010 SS I would sue for misrepresentation. Subpoena all their emails and you may find out this was actually the plan all along. And if that is the case it could be considered deceptive marketing...

Now for the rest of you in the "Shelby Cult" that were "brain washed" to think that people should not buy a car for an investment or for it's exclusivity you have a right to your opinion. I think most people that paid 30-50k over sticker for their GT500 did it based on limited production. Had most of those folks knew that they would increase the production and number of years they were really planning on producing these cars. I am sure they would not have paid that kind of AMD for these cars. Same for the KR buyers that don't spend time on forums like this. They are making there decision on what many may later feel was deceptive marketing. If you want to buy your car to drive it that is your business but don't attack us that look at these cars as an investment. I can tell you for sure there isn't a newly produced Shelby Gt500, Shelby GT, GT500KR (special hood and cold air kit), or what ever is next that is worth 80k. These are MUSTANGS!

Get a grip on reality. The demand for these cars are biased on the legend of the cars from the 60's and the chance to have something that some day will be worth something. People wanted a piece of Shelby history. I am sure many of you feel that this new "shelby" company has taken advantage of its core fans.

I am not sure what the issue is. The Super Snake will be the most HP for a post title car in the near future, A pretitle car will take years just to get to 600HP. The super snake is meant to enhance and be an aftermarket poackage for the current gt500, these are not new cars.

The Shelby Gt was a car meant to help people get into a shelby, it doesn't compete with the Gt500, it has it's own identity.

The Shelby KR is a limited upgraded version of the gt500 pretitle. All of these cars Carroll made a version of in the 60's, they are all sort after, they are all wanted. To assume Shelby Autos wouldn't make cars or shouldn't will be determined by the buyers. If the buyers want the packages, they will sell/

I got my GT500 because I wanted an amazing car to drive and own. I'm not dissapointed in any way. I knew the original ADM's would drop after a while, that's no secret. We all knew those who bought early were paying extra to be the first on the block to own one. That's their perrogative. But to think that they can then recoup that ADM $$ when they try to sell it is a mistake on their part.

Has Ford misled us? Yes. I still love Ford and Shelby, but clearly they want to capitalize on the success of the GT500, and if that means making more than they originally said they would, then absolutely they will do it. They are just waiting to tell us. It does dilute the exclusivity of the car, which is a shame in my opinion, but even knowing what we know now, I would still buy and own this awesome car!

They will sell them as long as there are buyers, where the magic line is hard to tell but were getting closer to market running out of people wiliing to spend the money or the government fuel regulations will end it ,the end might be closer than some of those that are unhappy might think

I looked for a long time before I finally bought. Through all my research since 2006, I came across several articles where they were predicting 7-10k the first year and 10k per year for at least another 2 years. Inside info I got was they will make as may as they can get parts for. The dealers here are the only dishonest greedy lying bast***s. As much as I looked, the only inconsistencies I got were from these douchebags. And those of you / us who made decisions based on the bs from dealers don't need to be mad at Ford. I have yet to understand the mindset which would make an ADM acceptable. We have a Mercedes that was one of the first 6.3 AMG cars in North America. This is the first in house AMG motor and a peice of automotive history. They knocked a little OFF the price on it and there may only be about 800 of them in the US.

When supply/demand functions include human emotion and nostalgia, stand way back and wait for the BS to stop.

I looked for a long time before I finally bought. Through all my research since 2006, I came across several articles where they were predicting 7-10k the first year and 10k per year for at least another 2 years. Inside info I got was they will make as may as they can get parts for. The dealers here are the only dishonest greedy lying bast***s. As much as I looked, the only inconsistencies I got were from these douchebags. And those of you / us who made decisions based on the bs from dealers don't need to be mad at Ford. I have yet to understand the mindset which would make an ADM acceptable. We have a Mercedes that was one of the first 6.3 AMG cars in North America. This is the first in house AMG motor and a peice of automotive history. They knocked a little OFF the price on it and there may only be about 800 of them in the US.

When supply/demand functions include human emotion and nostalgia, stand way back and wait for the BS to stop.

i'm quite sure that 99% of the dealers only repeated what Ford told them was going to take place with these vehicles

because the dealers are being mislead does not make them out to be douche bags OR liars

they are just doing their job with all the info that was represented to be correct by the Manufacturer

i'm quite sure that 99% of the dealers only repeated what Ford told them was going to take place with these vehicles

because the dealers are being mislead does not make them out to be douche bags OR liars

they are just doing their job with all the info that was represented to be correct by the Manufacturer

Okay but why would ford tell the world one thing then tell their dealers another. All the info I got was available to them as well. I can't tell you how many times a dealer told me there's only going to be 1ooo made or they're only making them for a year. They're just making shit up which showed me that there was an integrity issue. I did meet a few who knew what they were doing however so you are right, they're not all douchebags. But to say that Ford mislead them when you and I can find the truth is naive. All i'm saying is that all th info I found that Ford put out was in line with what happened and I feel like their integrity is intact.

Okay but why would ford tell the world one thing then tell their dealers another. All the info I got was available to them as well. I can't tell you how many times a dealer told me there's only going to be 1ooo made or they're only making them for a year. They're just making shit up which showed me that there was an integrity issue. I did meet a few who knew what they were doing however so you are right, they're not all douchebags. But to say that Ford mislead them when you and I can find the truth is naive. All i'm saying is that all th info I found that Ford put out was in line with what happened and I feel like their integrity is intact.

Boy, all you guys are worse than women. I don't know about you guys, I bought the car cause i've always wanted a 67 GT500 and can't afford it, I love the body style, it's a muscle car, I was never told or bought it for an investment it was bought for the love of cars plain and simple. Mine is an 08 grabber orange Gt500 and it's beautiful. I think Ford and Shelby did an awsome job........ Mine is going to be SS'd (08SS0125) and I can hardly WAIT............................... :happy feet:

Aggie

Boy, all you guys are worse than women. I don't know about you guys, I bought the car cause i've always wanted a 67 GT500 and can't afford it, I love the body style, it's a muscle car, I was never told or bought it for an investment it was bought for the love of cars plain and simple. Mine is an 08 grabber orange Gt500 and it's beautiful. I think Ford and Shelby did an awsome job........ Mine is going to be SS'd (08SS0125) and I can hardly WAIT............................... :happy feet:

Aggie

I bought mine b/c I love the car. But, I can still complain about dealers. I am not rich so I HAD to wait for the market adj stuff to be over. Picked one up in Oct. And it's okay for me to expect to be told the truth about something I love.

I'd love to do the SS but they probably won't finance it :hysterical2: Mines faster anyway.

Grabber is awesome btw.

I am quite sure dealers have their own line of selling, you can't blame Ford, You can only blame the ones who say it

A

I am quite sure dealers have their own line of selling, you can't blame Ford, You can only blame the ones who say it

A

Sorry Amy, but I work for a dealer and everything I ever repeated to customers about the GT500 was information that was told to me by FORD!

I was at the Chicago Auto Show before this car came out and stood there while FORD announced to everyone there that the GT500 would be a limited production to 7,000 cars per year for two years only. That came straight from FORD!

Later in March of 06 Ford did a broadcast to the dealers to give details about the GT500 coming out. During that broadcast FORD sat right there telling us that this would be limited to 8k - 9k per year, for two years, with a TOTAL production of approx 18k - 19k units.

Later during the year in 2007, after this car was out on the market for about 9 months, I read lots of rumors on this site about there being a 2009.

I had REPEATEDLY asked FORD about this NUMEROUS times and every time I was told NO! That 2008 was IT! There will NOT be a 2009.

I called SVT (Ford Performance) and asked them if there was going to be a 2009. They said NO! That they are NOT building a 2009 and that they have not heard anything about a 2009 being built.

Then while at the stangs unleashed get together in Dearborn when we toured the plant I asked if they were building a 2009. I asked the same guy twice. Both times he said, and I quote...."If I told you the answer to that I would have to kill you".

To this DAY we still have not heard from FORD whether they are building a 2009 or not. Dispite the numerous times I asked just and told everyone at Ford the reason for NEEDING to know was so us dealers would not have to LIE to the consumers by telling them if they building a 2009 or not.

So what is the big secret about this anyway??? WHY is it such a big a secret???

WHY can't FORD just be straight and honest about it?

Either they are, or they're not. Or maybe they will or maybe they won't. But to sit here and tell their dealers NO there will NOT be a 2009 when they know there will be or even if they MIGHT build it for 09, well that is just wrong!

Now I know there are SOME dealers out there that tell a lot of hype and some have even lied by saying they are only bvuilding this for 2007 and there won't be a 2008, but there are a lot of us dealers that are being honest and do want to tell consumers the truthful facts! How do we do that when we can't be told the truth by our own manufacturer???

The manufacturer lies to its dealers, the dealers repeat those lies to the consumers and then it is the dealers fault and they are the ones lying???

And for the record, I have never had a reason to lie about this car. We got two the first year and they were sold long before production ever started. So I had no reason to tell anyone any BS because I couldn't get them one to sell to sell them if I wanted. I have however helped a number of people here from this site find one that they were able to buy from a dealer at a decent price.

So where and what would my motive be to tell people something that wasn't true and just claim it was FORD that told us that if it wasn't true???

Some things you just have to let go of, if you want to be happy in life. This happens to be one of those little things for me.

Do I have permission? Boy, sometimes you are lucky enough to be warned before you spend allot of hard earned money, I got Lucky.

Totally agree with Lucky Snake. There is no right answer for this one other than to nail the pedal and remember why we are all smiling. For more than a year I frumped about the ADMs before finally biting my lip and moving ahead. An earlier post says anyone who bought this as an investment needs another financial planner, good point. No regrets on my end, regardless of what happens with ADMs and future model years.

Sorry Amy, but I work for a dealer and everything I ever repeated to customers about the GT500 was information that was told to me by FORD!

I was at the Chicago Auto Show before this car came out and stood there while FORD announced to everyone there that the GT500 would be a limited production to 7,000 cars per year for two years only. That came straight from FORD!

Later in March of 06 Ford did a broadcast to the dealers to give details about the GT500 coming out. During that broadcast FORD sat right there telling us that this would be limited to 8k - 9k per year, for two years, with a TOTAL production of approx 18k - 19k units.

Later during the year in 2007, after this car was out on the market for about 9 months, I read lots of rumors on this site about there being a 2009.

I had REPEATEDLY asked FORD about this NUMEROUS times and every time I was told NO! That 2008 was IT! There will NOT be a 2009.

I called SVT (Ford Performance) and asked them if there was going to be a 2009. They said NO! That they are NOT building a 2009 and that they have not heard anything about a 2009 being built.

Then while at the stangs unleashed get together in Dearborn when we toured the plant I asked if they were building a 2009. I asked the same guy twice. Both times he said, and I quote...."If I told you the answer to that I would have to kill you".

To this DAY we still have not heard from FORD whether they are building a 2009 or not. Dispite the numerous times I asked just and told everyone at Ford the reason for NEEDING to know was so us dealers would not have to LIE to the consumers by telling them if they building a 2009 or not.

So what is the big secret about this anyway??? WHY is it such a big a secret???

WHY can't FORD just be straight and honest about it?

Either they are, or they're not. Or maybe they will or maybe they won't. But to sit here and tell their dealers NO there will NOT be a 2009 when they know there will be or even if they MIGHT build it for 09, well that is just wrong!

Now I know there are SOME dealers out there that tell a lot of hype and some have even lied by saying they are only bvuilding this for 2007 and there won't be a 2008, but there are a lot of us dealers that are being honest and do want to tell consumers the truthful facts! How do we do that when we can't be told the truth by our own manufacturer???

The manufacturer lies to its dealers, the dealers repeat those lies to the consumers and then it is the dealers fault and they are the ones lying???

And for the record, I have never had a reason to lie about this car. We got two the first year and they were sold long before production ever started. So I had no reason to tell anyone any BS because I couldn't get them one to sell to sell them if I wanted. I have however helped a number of people here from this site find one that they were able to buy from a dealer at a decent price.

So where and what would my motive be to tell people something that wasn't true and just claim it was FORD that told us that if it wasn't true???

I stand corrected......

But I have made stops at dealers who when I ask about the gt500 or the shelby Gt, they have told me less then truthful things. You may have actual info on this topic. I think many things go into announcements from big companies, many depts have to sign off, they have to have budget approvals and management approvals, I don't think it as easy as "why can't you just tell us" also, maybe they did say 07 and 08, maybe at the time that is all they projected for, maybe they changed their minds when they saw how popular it was or maybe they realized they could do more, I don't know the individual answers, I do know, no one at Ford sets out to lie to you.

things change in business all the time. This car was not made to be collectible, it was made to enjoy.

The other question is, why is it they are lying to you?? why isn'ty it the truth at the time, things change, why is it a lie? in business things change, its not a lie. maybe when they said those things they were the plan at the moment. Why is everything a consipacy theory?

That is just my opinion on this,

I stand corrected......

But I have made stops at dealers who when I ask about the gt500 or the shelby Gt, they have told me less then truthful things. You may have actual info on this topic. I think many things go into announcements from big companies, many depts have to sign off, they have to have budget approvals and management approvals, I don't think it as easy as "why can't you just tell us" also, maybe they did say 07 and 08, maybe at the time that is all they projected for, maybe they changed their minds when they saw how popular it was or maybe they realized they could do more, I don't know the individual answers, I do know, no one at Ford sets out to lie to you.

things change in business all the time. This car was not made to be collectible, it was made to enjoy.

The other question is, why is it they are lying to you?? why isn'ty it the truth at the time, things change, why is it a lie? in business things change, its not a lie. maybe when they said those things they were the plan at the moment. Why is everything a consipacy theory?

That is just my opinion on this,

I call it a lie because once they determined they are going to do something and continue to deny it and say they are not, then what else can you possible call it?

So at first you plan only a certain number. Later you decide, well, we "might" build more. At that point, stop denying. If you "might" continue, then say we might continue. Then if you decide you ARE going to continue, then don't deny it by still saying no. Admit to it and be truthful. ESPECIALLY when you KNOW all your dealers are all telling the consumers there will not be when Ford has already determined there will be!

This isn't like they have been on the fence and now at the last minute they have "changed their minds" and just now decided they will build more. They knew the answer to this now for almost a year, if not longer. That is a year of sitting back allowing all your dealers to continue telling the consumers false information.

And you are correct, there are dealers that tell people anything. In many cases they are flat out lying by attempting to get a sale. In many cases they are just spewing crap because they don't know, and rather than be honest and just say....I don't know...they pretend to know and give out bad information.

So now lets add to all that by having the manufacturer allowing their good dealers that do know a lot for the most part and just sit back and let them continue with telling consumers things that Ford already knows that it isn't the truth anymore.

And...when Ford does finally announce this they will leak it out to the public long before they tell their dealers anything just like they have always done in the past.

BTW, part of the reason a lot of dealers know little to nothing about the SGT is because ford never provided much in the way of information on this product. They posted the allocation plan, posted what the cost will be and how dealers will be billed for it, they posted a hero card with some general basic information....other than that that was about it!

There has NEVER been any advertising or marketing about this car. Most consumers that come in know nothing about it and never heard of it.

That commercial you did with cop chase sceen with the SGT-H car was outstanding! To bad it was only available on the internet for people to see. I think that would have been a fabulous commercial for the general public to see on TV.

The SGT sits on dealers lots because most people know nothing about it. Yet Ford spends MILLIONS on advertising the Escape Hybrid and you can't get any! They have less than 400 in the country in inventory, there are customers that have had them ordered and waiting over 6 months and still no word if or when they will ever get it or IF they will even get it. Yet they keep spending and spending and spending to advertise it! Why not take that money and promote the vehicles that are sitting on lots and not moving well?

Then they wonder why they are in the mess they are in!

Archived