TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st Anniversary

CudaFly

It was one year ago today that I took delivery of my SGT. First reaction peeling out of the dealership was WOW, this thing has got plenty of power. As usual, after about 2-3 months I started thinking it was feeling a little too tame and maybe a power adder was not such a bad idea. The first day the Shelby Paxton SC kits were available from SAI I purchased one and spent a long 4 day weekend in the garage transforming the car into a beast. 500+ HP at the motor with a custom tune and the car is even better than new.

A couple of sets of new wheels, drag radials, street tires, gears, suspension mods, and other minor performance tweaks have been added (and sometimes removed) since then. I've got a list of a dozen other mods on the to-do list but I have to work to pay the bills and I'm not in a hurry. The car is great but my (patient) wife and kids come first of course.

Over the last twelve months I've used the car as a daily driver and have put on about 7800 miles. I can honestly say it's still a blast every time I get in and drive.

I've had a lot of different cars (and motorcycles, and boats) but none I've enjoyed as much as the SGT. No regrets, if I had it to do all over I'd do the same thing...

Hope you are all having as much fun with yours!!!

It was one year ago today that I took delivery of my SGT. First reaction peeling out of the dealership was WOW, this thing has got plenty of power. As usual, after about 2-3 months I started thinking it was feeling a little too tame and maybe a power adder was not such a bad idea. The first day the Shelby Paxton SC kits were available from SAI I purchased one and spent a long 4 day weekend in the garage transforming the car into a beast. 500+ HP at the motor with a custom tune and the car is even better than new.

A couple of sets of new wheels, drag radials, street tires, gears, suspension mods, and other minor performance tweaks have been added (and sometimes removed) since then. I've got a list of a dozen other mods on the to-do list but I have to work to pay the bills and I'm not in a hurry. The car is great but my (patient) wife and kids come first of course.

Over the last twelve months I've used the car as a daily driver and have put on about 7800 miles. I can honestly say it's still a blast every time I get in and drive.

I've had a lot of different cars (and motorcycles, and boats) but none I've enjoyed as much as the SGT. No regrets, if I had it to do all over I'd do the same thing...

Hope you are all having as much fun with yours!!!

glad your enjoying HER. they are GREAT cars and i wished more folks would give them a try

michael morris

I'm glad everyone is still enjoying em a year into ownership! My last car the novelty wore off by now, and I've had mine almost 6 months and I love to drive all the time, its got to suck for some of you guys who are just looking at your cars right now. I feel kinda bad racking up the miles, but at the same time I wouldn't have it any other way!

Congrat's!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

I was driving a 2004 Mach1 at the time I test drove the SGT. The dealer was going to let me test drive one from their showroom. My son and I were behind the SGT as the salesman started it up to move it outside.

The GRIN on my son's face when he first heard the car start told me I HAD to have it. !! :yahoo:

Here's to many more happy birthdays!!! :banvictory::banvictory:

Nice garage....what other cars keep the SGT company?

Ha! ngnear is right, a toy box. The other cars are Corvettes and belong to friends. They were nice enough to offer space for the Shelby.

Terrific building, and a fun group of car enthusiasts!

Archived