TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Manhattan Ford Service

FAST SVT

Took the car to Manhattan Ford for an engine oil leak. They fiqured it was the rear main seal so they removed the trans but no leak then they said the head gasket was leaking and they needed to drop the engine to replace.You could see from the picture that is not the case.After bringing to the attention of the service director he agreed it was not the head gasket.Now i was getting nervous and told them to put it back together so i could take it to another dealer and they wanted to charge for the labor because i'am refusing service.So i let them try to find the leak with another tech.It turned out to be a 1/4" plug behind the bracket that holds the coolant lines that was hand tight from the factory.Anyway they ended up dropping the engine to find the leak as per the tech line.Which was not necessary.No wonder Ford is losing money between the tech line and this dealer.What a dealer will do to cover their mistake is unreal.IMG_0172.jpg

Took the car to Manhattan Ford for an engine oil leak. They fiqured it was the rear main seal so they removed the trans but no leak then they said the head gasket was leaking and they needed to drop the engine to replace.You could see from the picture that is not the case.After bringing to the attention of the service director he agreed it was not the head gasket.Now i was getting nervous and told them to put it back together so i could take it to another dealer and they wanted to charge for the labor because i'am refusing service.So i let them try to find the leak with another tech.It turned out to be a 1/4" plug behind the bracket that holds the coolant lines that was hand tight from the factory.Anyway they ended up dropping the engine to find the leak as per the tech line.Which was not necessary.No wonder Ford is losing money between the tech line and this dealer.What a dealer will do to cover their mistake is unreal.IMG_0172.jpg

Good info. Did they lube the transmission input shaft when they put it back together?

Thxs

Good info. Did they lube the transmission input shaft when they put it back together?

Thxs

I would probably guess they did'nt lube the shaft and i wonder if they used new flywheel bolts and any other that are one time use.At that point they did'nt want me back in the shop. At this dealer the service dept is on the 4th floor. The valets are'nt allowed to drive the Shelby's or Ford GT's the tech has to bring them up & down. Would you believe they all went home for the day and management had to bring me up to drive the car down when it was done.I guess they did'nt like being proven wrong.I really hope no one stumbles upon a dealer like this.

I found your problem right here:

Manhattan

I couldn't be paid enough to live there.

Okay...I won't take that too personally......you may not want to live here, but there's no other city like it!

From Broadway shows, to the best fashion district, to world class restaurants, to breathe taking skyline views, to historical museums, to modern art......There's no place better to be for me!

Okay...I won't take that too personally......you may not want to live here, but there's no other city like it!

From Broadway shows, to the best fashion district, to world class restaurants, to breathe taking skyline views, to historical museums, to modern art......There's no place better to be for me!

Did you say fashion, breathtaking, and art in the same sentence?

:redcard:

Archived