TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wow, my first GT500 offer from a dealer

BlueOval

Just got a phone call from a local dealer I'm ordering my 2007 GT from. He informed me that I could have their 2007 GT500 that just showed up on their lot today for $63,000.

Two weeks ago, same dealer said he had waiting list of at least ~15-20 for $70,000.

hehehehehehehe

Guess the car showed up and they went down the list... I never even asked to be put on the list.

hehehehehehehe

Told him I'd stick with the GT.

hehehehehehehe

This is not the same dealer referenced in my "liar, liar, pants on fire" post 8-] This is a fairly large dealership, too. Part of the AutoNation group.

This is a good sign.

Too many dealers are holding out waiting for the big payday. Before they know it, the cars will be readily available and the price will drop quickly. A lot dealers that turned down $1000-2500 will be wishing they had taken it. I'm thinking MSRP deals by Jan or Feb.

Guest evilchris

People seem to think there are HUGE amounts of people wiling to pay $65k for this car. If that were the case there wouldn't be so many ebay auctions with $65k Buy it Now's that don't even meet reserve much less be bought on the spot.

Archived