TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car has shipped...for the 2nd time.

swathen

Well the FedEx car transport finally showed up at the dealership in Indiana where I ordered my car. :happy feet: The Shelby has been sitting there since mid January and it has been killing me to know the only thing keeping me from driving it was car hauler availability. I was able to get my driver's cell phone and gave him a call to see how long it would be until he was here in Colorado. Unfortunately, he didn't really have good news. He is coming to Colorado via Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska...not a real straight shot :banghead: However, it is on the final leg of its journey here, so I am stoked. If the winter weather doesn't hold him up, he expects to have the car here by next Monday. The sad thing is that it looks like I will make my first car payment before I ever even see it. :banghead::banghead:

A quick word about the dealer I ordered the GT500 from, Conner Motors in Dale IN. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: This is a small dealership in rural Indiana. They sell mostly trucks, and have only gotten 1 GT500 allocation (so far) for each year of production. Dealing with them was like dealing with family!! I simply can't say enough good things about the way I was treated there. I regret that I won't be able to use them for service on the Shelby, but you can bet they will be the first dealership I check with when I am in the market for the next new car. If you live anywhere close to Southern Indiana I would highly recommend you give them a crack at selling you your next car.

I was completely blown away by how well I was treated: When I asked them to leave the plastic on the car for shipping, they not only agreed, but didn't charge me dealer prep!! Then they washed the car before the Fed Ex truck showed up. They let the car sit in their dealership for a month waiting for the Fed Ex truck to show up and never once complained. Now before everyone says "of course they did" thinking it was a great showroom piece, let me explain that Mr. Conner didn't allow it on the showroom floor. He kept it in a service bay instead to ensure no one accidentally scratched it!! Who does stuff like that in this day and age!? My in-laws live in Dale and went by to see the car and were surprised he had it hidden in back, but that is just the way these folks do business.

Well, my quick note has turned into a book here, but I wanted to put out there how great this dealership is and hopefully send some business their way. Like I said before, I don't think they have any more 08 allocations, but keep them in mind if you get an 09.

I'll post some pics when Fed Ex shows up.

Well the FedEx car transport finally showed up at the dealership in Indiana where I ordered my car. :happy feet: The Shelby has been sitting there since mid January and it has been killing me to know the only thing keeping me from driving it was car hauler availability. I was able to get my driver's cell phone and gave him a call to see how long it would be until he was here in Colorado. Unfortunately, he didn't really have good news. He is coming to Colorado via Illinois, Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska...not a real straight shot :banghead: However, it is on the final leg of its journey here, so I am stoked. If the winter weather doesn't hold him up, he expects to have the car here by next Monday. The sad thing is that it looks like I will make my first car payment before I ever even see it. :banghead::banghead:

A quick word about the dealer I ordered the GT500 from, Conner Motors in Dale IN. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: This is a small dealership in rural Indiana. They sell mostly trucks, and have only gotten 1 GT500 allocation (so far) for each year of production. Dealing with them was like dealing with family!! I simply can't say enough good things about the way I was treated there. I regret that I won't be able to use them for service on the Shelby, but you can bet they will be the first dealership I check with when I am in the market for the next new car. If you live anywhere close to Southern Indiana I would highly recommend you give them a crack at selling you your next car.

I was completely blown away by how well I was treated: When I asked them to leave the plastic on the car for shipping, they not only agreed, but didn't charge me dealer prep!! Then they washed the car before the Fed Ex truck showed up. They let the car sit in their dealership for a month waiting for the Fed Ex truck to show up and never once complained. Now before everyone says "of course they did" thinking it was a great showroom piece, let me explain that Mr. Conner didn't allow it on the showroom floor. He kept it in a service bay instead to ensure no one accidentally scratched it!! Who does stuff like that in this day and age!? My in-laws live in Dale and went by to see the car and were surprised he had it hidden in back, but that is just the way these folks do business.

Well, my quick note has turned into a book here, but I wanted to put out there how great this dealership is and hopefully send some business their way. Like I said before, I don't think they have any more 08 allocations, but keep them in mind if you get an 09.

I'll post some pics when Fed Ex shows up.

Great news and thanks for the info. I live in Columbus Indiana...not sure how far Dale is...but can't be more than an hour. I agree that in hindsight some of the best deals and best customer service has come from some of the smaller dealers...like yours and like mine in Franklin, Indiana.

We'll expect :camera: when you get it.

Dave

Archived