TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Picked her up today.

wildosvt

Come on---share!!!!!!

Where did you get her from---

What was your interest rate--and where from?????

Thank you!!!!

Briarwood Ford

6% (Ford Credit was 10.25!!!) Credit union

Whom ever crys about blower whine is on crack. Hardly noticable when cruising normal (while taking off normal). But the exhaust is a A+ compared to the 04 Term's. You can actually hear some rumble!!!! Man I have'nt heard rumble since i had my BBK O/R X pipe on the old 01 Cobra with flows I used to have!

Shifter another A+ vs. the 04. So short and sweet, I have not one thought or plan on changing it.No need to!

Seats are amazing!

Clutch chatter is a bit tricky but I figured it out already. Not a problem so much.

Shaker 500 is perfectly fine! (I used to have 2 15" JL's and 1000watt Soundstream amp in a 99 Cougar I know bass)Not that the shaker 1000 is poop, Im more then happy with the 500 vs. the 460 in the 04 anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anything else? :rockon:

post-321-1154756140_thumb.jpg

Before prep. (sorry for shady quality, I was in a rush)

Thank you!

Its awesome. My first red colored car.

Did you order the car or luck into one cause thats the same combo I want. I can't tell but did you get the red inserts? I can't wait to see one in person. Post more pics thanks.

Did you order the car or luck into one cause thats the same combo I want. I can't tell but did you get the red inserts? I can't wait to see one in person. Post more pics thanks.

Ordered June 6th. Built July 20th @ the dealer on the 2nd of Aug. Mine on Aug. 4th.

PL holder.

No red inserts. Just the plain jane ride. Which in my eyes is perfect.

I'll work on some more pics soon. I can't keep my butt out of the damn thing to take pics.

Briarwood Ford

Whom ever crys about blower whine is on crack. Hardly noticable when cruising normal (while taking off normal). But the exhaust is a A+ compared to the 04 Term's. You can actually hear some rumble!!!! Man I have'nt heard rumble since i had my BBK O/R X pipe on the old 01 Cobra with flows I used to have!

Shifter another A+ vs. the 04. So short and sweet, I have not one thought or plan on changing it.No need to!

Seats are amazing!

Clutch chatter is a bit tricky but I figured it out already. Not a problem so much.

Shaker 500 is perfectly fine! (I used to have 2 15" JL's and 1000watt Soundstream amp in a 99 Cougar I know bass)Not that the shaker 1000 is poop, Im more then happy with the 500 vs. the 460 in the 04 anyday!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-321-1154756140_thumb.jpg

Aren't you located in the Saline area? If so we need to get together so I can see this car & meet you?

Congatulations! I just bought my tickets to fly to Detroit to pick up my Vista Blue/Tungsten Coupe. Built on 7-24-06 and due to arrive at the dealer this week. Ford Motor Credit APR of 5.25% was what I was offered. May be I'ts a regional thing regarding interest rates or perhaps it the credit score of the loan applicant. I'll send pics when I take delivery. Enjoy!

Congatulations! I just bought my tickets to fly to Detroit to pick up my Vista Blue/Tungsten Coupe. Built on 7-24-06 and due to arrive at the dealer this week. Ford Motor Credit APR of 5.25% was what I was offered. May be I'ts a regional thing regarding interest rates or perhaps it the credit score of the loan applicant. I'll send pics when I take delivery. Enjoy!

Try to get more info on how you got that interest from Ford. I have an excellent credit score but haven't heard of Ford offering anything that low.

Rates on loans from Ford Credit are determined by the dealer. Ford Credit has a rate that they charge and the dealer profits from whatever they can get over that rate. It is a another profit center for the dealerships. On the other hand, you can negotiate the rate by telling them what you are getting elsewhere.

Briarwood Ford

Seats are amazing!

DSC02336.JPG

Congrat`s -- Keep us posted of what you think of her & more pictures please.

Congrat`s -- Keep us posted of what you think of her & more pictures please.

Shoot! Im always forgetting that! I'll click some off tommorrow for sure.

I will say this for an impression, While leaving my buddies house there were oh, About 10 guys edging me on for a 2nd gear tire roast session. Even with my buddy holding his digi cam/ I just couldnt do it. I did nail it after I was rolling in gear (1st) and noticed some wheelhop as she spooled up. No biggie the suspension was'nt loaded but I was shocked. Felt like I was back in the 04 again for a second. :hysterical:

But the car is perfect in everyway. I cannot find anything to pick on about it yet. Maybe they could of made some use of the switch under the hood and put in a enigne compartment light?

I think it's pretty obvious the most common color combo is the red w/ white stripes. Still, very beautiful car. Congrats!

BTW, I've got a 4% interest rate from my Credit Union in Missouri. I may even be able to get it down closer to 3%.

What's the name of the credit union and how did you swing that?

Shoot! Im always forgetting that! I'll click some off tommorrow for sure.

I will say this for an impression, While leaving my buddies house there were oh, About 10 guys edging me on for a 2nd gear tire roast session. Even with my buddy holding his digi cam/ I just couldnt do it. I did nail it after I was rolling in gear (1st) and noticed some wheelhop as she spooled up. No biggie the suspension was'nt loaded but I was shocked. Felt like I was back in the 04 again for a second. :hysterical:

But the car is perfect in everyway. I cannot find anything to pick on about it yet. Maybe they could of made some use of the switch under the hood and put in a enigne compartment light?

August 12, 2006

Hi, I found an ever so small dent on the top of driver's door; can only see in the right light, looks to be some kind if tooling process. I have seen this same "defect" on regular GT Mustangs. I also found an ever so small dent in the passenger side rocker panel, only visible with door open and good lighting, looks like maybe the passenger seat legs bumped the panel during installation? I also found what I thought was a finger print smudge on the right hand rear window, turns out to be a defect about the size of a quarter inside the glass. Showed these things to dealership where I bought the car and they seem very interested in helping me resolve these little issues.

Only thing that disappoints me is the fact that car sat for about a month being "inspected". Someone sure wasn't looking very hard for defects. We were told they (Ford) wanted to make sure these Shelby's were done right.

I still would not trade the car for another, even if the other Shelby was perfect. I really think the car is awesome and well built. She handles and runs great. I am sure Ford will make good on this little stuff.

Blayne Herndon

P.S. Drove the car to work and back home today, took Wife for a ride and she drove it for a little while. What a blast! Car has just over 200 miles now.

post-5223-1155431613_thumb.jpg

post-5223-1155431613_thumb.jpg

Congrats Blayne!

Dont want to go to sleep now do you. Way cool!

I did notice the same "dens" on top of the door. I bet its from spot welding the door skins to the door frame.

I didnt get out the fine tooth comb, It just pisses me off. I work for Ford and know why things get shipped and notice stuff people not working for the auto industry would not normally pick out. I get pissed when things might not be 100000% perfect and it is sent out. But we are "professionals" as they like to say to make us feel "good" about sending good product instead of GREAT product.

Keeping my fine tooth comb put away keeps me happy. I bring it out on imports/GM/DCX products, Mainly imports though. LOL!

Archived