TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08SGT0861 driven home

68GT350CV

Since the SC was not going to be available for several months I took Museum delivery on February 1st. My wife, 11 month old daughter, and I drove the car 2000 miles back to Louisiana. We got caught in a Snow Storm at the Grand Canyon, SuperBowl traffic in Phoenix, and a Dust storm in New Mexico. The car was great and we even made it home a day early (who can drive the speed limit in a Shelby). The car has the Shelby brakes, Gun metal Razors, and the lower grille with lights and brake ducts.

post-8841-1202761695_thumb.jpg

post-8841-1202761695_thumb.jpg

How did it handle in the snow?

Being from Louisiana, I am not exactly used to the snow but the car did fine. We idled along in 2nd and 3rd gear. The worst snow was leaving the Grand Canyon National park, where they do not sand or salt the roads for environmental reasons. It was a good exercise in car control and sliding.

Where did the lower lights come from? I'd like to look at adding them to my new 08SGT-Conv.

Was that something that they customized for you out in Las Vegas?

The driving lights come with the lower grille as a SAI modification. I think you can buy the kit from Shelby performance parts.

How did it handle in the snow?

Not sure about his but mine runs great in light snow, I don't even mind the TCS. Of course, this morning we got about a foot and a half, so that makes the pile in front of the garage about 6-7 feet now instead of 5 so it's going to remain in there for a while... :cry:

grats btw, I remember the day I took mine home. Heavenly... =)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived