TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bullitt style wheel?

JonW

Anyone know of any plans by any vendor to make a polished Bullitt-style wheel for the GT500? I'm not a big fan of the Razors.

I am from the SGT side but have the same question. Our SGTs come with Bullit style wheels but they are not wide enough to put proper rubber on the ground. You who have the GT500s cannot fake it -- you have too much horsepower to put on the ground less than the maximum the wheel wells will allow. Given that my SGT is at Shelby now having a supercharger put on it, I am trying to solve the "rubber on the ground" issue, too. I have the same view as do you -- not a big fan of the Razors. Therefore, I have researched the American Racing wheels but have not been able to find Bullitt style (which are, basically, Torq-Thrust) which have not only the width needed, but also the clearance for the brakes on the GT500. There seems to be a lack of 18" wheels (which, in MHO, look best on both the GT500 and the SGT) which can accomodate the kind of brakes these cars need. It is my hope that someone on the this thread has had better luck than have I. Jim

Ok, i'm throwing something out there that i saw on the net somewhere so forgive me if i can't supply a link.

Heard of some people having rims "custom widened" to accommodate a bigger tire. That may be an option for the SGT guys with the Bullitt style wheel. As to who does this type of custom work, i dunno.

Archived