TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Museum Delivery Roadtrip

ShelbyGT/WI

Ciao everyone,

after a year of actually reading what used to be the old Shelby Auto's Forum and now this new Team Shelby Forum, I feel I've reached the moment where instead of simply soaking up everyone else's knowledge I can actually provide some feedback. Some of you I've met personally, both back here in Europe and over there in the US, and have already read what's coming next. However, I simply wanted to let everyone else here know one thing. These cars are meant to be driven, and what better way to start than by taking Shelby's Museum Delivery....

3500 miles. 11 states. 7 days. 3 tickets. 1 Shelby...

The date. Friday the 18th January 2008. The memorable day I took Museum delivery of my 2007 Shelby GT/SC CSM#4963 at Shelby Automobiles, Las Vegas.

The plan. Drive the car across the US to Miami in order to ship it back to Europe. No planned pit-stops, apart from Michael Morris in Perry for those few extra modifications. We also had to check out some of the sites along the way. The Grand Canyon. Meteor Crater. Petrified National Forest. Inscription Rock. Midpoint Cafe. Cadillac Ranch. Just to start with.

The result. An amazing car. A great ride. The opportunity to finally meet everyone involved in this decision. Bud and Adrienne at Shelby in Nevada, for building and delivering. Michael and Clay at Wayne Morris in Georgia, for selling and fine-tuning. And Roger in Rhode Island, one my previous visit, for time and advice. Without you guys, this road trip simply would not have happened.

Thanks again.

Enjoy. No time to edit, tag or decide which to publish. I hope to get around to it. In the meantime, for the raw and unedited...

Roadtrip 2008

Thanks also to Wim, my co-pilot for the intial 2,500 miles, who stepped up to the challenge with only 24hrs notice. Respect.

Till next time,

Shannon

Ciao everyone,

after a year of actually reading what used to be the old Shelby Auto's Forum and now this new Team Shelby Forum, I feel I've reached the moment where instead of simply soaking up everyone else's knowledge I can actually provide some feedback. Some of you I've met personally, both back here in Europe and over there in the US, and have already read what's coming next. However, I simply wanted to let everyone else here know one thing. These cars are meant to be driven, and what better way to start than by taking Shelby's Museum Delivery....

3500 miles. 11 states. 7 days. 3 tickets. 1 Shelby...

The date. Friday the 18th January 2008. The memorable day I took Museum delivery of my 2007 Shelby GT/SC CSM#4963 at Shelby Automobiles, Las Vegas.

The plan. Drive the car across the US to Miami in order to ship it back to Europe. No planned pit-stops, apart from Michael Morris in Perry for those few extra modifications. We also had to check out some of the sites along the way. The Grand Canyon. Meteor Crater. Petrified National Forest. Inscription Rock. Midpoint Cafe. Cadillac Ranch. Just to start with.

The result. An amazing car. A great ride. The opportunity to finally meet everyone involved in this decision. Bud and Adrienne at Shelby in Nevada, for building and delivering. Michael and Clay at Wayne Morris in Georgia, for selling and fine-tuning. And Roger in Rhode Island, one my previous visit, for time and advice. Without you guys, this road trip simply would not have happened.

Thanks again.

Enjoy. No time to edit, tag or decide which to publish. I hope to get around to it. In the meantime, for the raw and unedited...

Roadtrip 2008

Thanks also to Wim, my co-pilot for the intial 2,500 miles, who stepped up to the challenge with only 24hrs notice. Respect.

Till next time,

Shannon

Shannon,

Awesome story and documentation of your trip. When do you expect the car home?

Roger

Great pics and welcome to the forum !!!

Only THREE tickets??? :hysterical: I didn't see those pictures :hysterical2:

There is a big Shelby car show in Orland 2/24, you out to take a drive up ! That would be a short trip after the one you just took ! :happy feet:

Sue

That would be a long trip Sue. The car is now in a container ship on the way to Spain! :hysterical:

Sue, shannon bought the car over th phone. i shipped it back to LV for him had Bud do it all to it. its a great car. shannon picked it up in LV and came across country on his way to miami. he spent most of the day at the store getting the exhaust done. Shannons a GREAT guy and enjoyed spending the day with him, but the car is on the way to Europe where its owner sails in the Americas Cup.

michael morris

oh geez..I thought he lived in Miami !

Stop the ship !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical2::hysterical:

We have over 70 Shelbys coming to that car show............MM...you and Brandi should drive on down !!! :happy feet:

i have been called and asked to come down. its just so CLOSE to the BASH that its hard for me to get off and come down there. if i came Brandi would HAVE to stay at Disney ($$$$) and while i was at the show she would go shopping ($$$$) and when you do the math($$$$+$$$$= IM BROKE) so im going to have to pass this year, but next year might work great. we usually come to WDW is FEB so i can make it part of my trip!!!

michael morris

Roger it looks like another ROAD TRIP. "The Misadvertures of Roger and Adam: The Sequel" :hysterical:

by the way i REALLY like the new pic in the sig

michael morris

Don't think I could take another road trip! :hysterical::hysterical:

Thank you for the compliment on the pic. Adam took that pic prior to the car being loaded for Vegas.

Roger,

I'd take a guess at another 10 days or so. Have been on the phone to the shipping company to see if I can get an update, something MM may have experienced from me a while back :D , but nothing yet. Luckily I'm not suffering withdrawal symptoms from not driving the car yet, the trip set me up for a few weeks.

And Sue, thanks for the invitation...trust me, I'd be there if a could, especially after having missed the big bash by a few days back in Jan. However, no car. If MM would hook me up with his SS, as I'm sure he would if it was ready :lol: , I be there without question.

Roger,

I'd take a guess at another 10 days or so. Have been on the phone to the shipping company to see if I can get an update, something MM may have experienced from me a while back :D , but nothing yet. Luckily I'm not suffering withdrawal symptoms from not driving the car yet, the trip set me up for a few weeks.

And Sue, thanks for the invitation...trust me, I'd be there if a could, especially after having missed the big bash by a few days back in Jan. However, no car. If MM would hook me up with his SS, as I'm sure he would if it was ready :lol: , I be there without question.

i have seen you DRIVE and i WOULD let you have her in a HEARTBEAT, but shes not ready to leave SAI yet. i think Bud have fallen in love with her and refuses to give her up!!

michael morris

PS are you working again! i know the first week is going to be ROUGH!!!!

Thanks for the vote of confidence...And with regards to training. Let's just put it this way, brushing the teeth isn't as simple a task as it usually seems.Check your mail, I'll show you what I was up to the other day.
Got it.For those of you who havent seen Shannons car. This pic is when he was stopping by on his way to Miami to have the car shipped to Europe.Im in the middle. just for reference im just shy of 6'4" standing in the middle and Shannon is standing on MY left (bearde) If yall every get a chance to meet him in person you will not find a BETTER guy.michael morriscid_4DD5EA2A-57F0-4A74-BF43-94B0C78.jpg

Well Shannon next time you are in the area stop by !!!

And Roger...ya think Adam would come on down huh :hysterical2:

We are up to 74 Shelby's and counting !! This show is going to be huge !!!

And Michael..sheeesh...it's only 6 hours or so for you :hysterical: Come on down for a Sunday drive ! I am sure you have something on the lot that would fit in :hysterical2::hysterical:

Archived