TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hurst Shelby Mustang

supe

Here’s one for ya…. Hertz has 500 Shelby Mustangs. Five of the cars were purchase by Vice Presents of the Hertz. Four of Shelby’s are automatics and ONE A STICK. “YES A STICK”. :shift: They made two Shelby’s with a stick shift, the other one Carroll Shelby still has. The VP’s paid about 30k for the cars. :censored: I took one for a ride, Very nice. Passed every thing on the highway but the gas stations. A very thirsty car. When Hertz is done with these cars the first Eight go to Barrett Jackson and the rest to Ford dealers. If requested I can get take detailed pictures of the car, it still sitting in my buddy’s driveway.

I rented one in San Diego a couple of weeks ago. I like the look of the car but to tell you the truth it is not much more powerful than a GT. They only have about 335HP. The car was fun though. I got lots of looks and thumbs up. I have pics as well if anyone is interested. I thought it might be the only chance to drive a Shelby... now I have one on order! :happy feet:

Also, if you plan on renting on then talk to the local desk to make arrangements. The central reservation system will not let you order one unless you are flying into the airport the day before. If you are local then you have to show proof that you live in the area like utility bill, etc.

Archived