TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Im Going to Drive GT 500

INDYSHELBY

Oh yeah! Took mine out today for the first time in about 2 1/2 months. These cars are just awesome to drive. Dropped the hammer a couple of times and the power and torque just thrills the heck out of me. I hope the rest of you in snow country are able to wake your car up soon.

Well I started it and pulled it out of the garage for the first time in almost 3 months. As soon as I went to go for a drive, it started to snow. Just my luck, maybe next weekend.

Today the streets were dry but the temp was 2 degrees. I wanted to drive my gt500 so badly. It only has 30 miles on it. I added a JLT CAI & tune Friday night. I refrained from my drive today. I pictured a cold street & rock hard tires & my anxious lead foot too much for my nerves......COME ON SPRING!

I started mine and let it idle for about half an hour on Sat. I wanted to make sure the battery was staying up. I started to polish it with Ice wax as well. Does anyone know where you can get the "claybar" wax you guys talk about in Canada? Thanks

Don

So I am obviously a rookie - my 08 GT500 convertible is only 2 months old and already has 1700 miles. Here in West Texas we range 60 degrees in a few days, I had the top down at lunch today and it is supposed to snow tomorrow. LOVE this ride, and I drive it 4-5 times a week! :shift:

So I am obviously a rookie - my 08 GT500 convertible is only 2 months old and already has 1700 miles. Here in West Texas we range 60 degrees in a few days, I had the top down at lunch today and it is supposed to snow tomorrow. LOVE this ride, and I drive it 4-5 times a week! :shift:

I wish it was 60 deg. in the Chicago area. I've had my 08 vapor cpe for 4 weeks & haven't been able to drive it. I've installed cobra center caps, JLT CAI & tune. As I type, I am sittin next to my car on ramps. I removed the factory mufflers this morning in anticipation of my new SLP loudmouth axle backs due to arrive today. Still waiting......Oh well, my cigar is mellow, my beer is cold...things could be worse. At least I'll have my selected mods on the car when the weather is ready!

Regards, Dave

Archived