TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roll call, Black Vert Mafia

JonW

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some motorcycle clubs, and one in particular, don't like other people "appropriating" their logo. They consider the rockers with state names on them to be of their design.

Yeah - that one is not one we want to take issue with either ;) That's why I suggested no state rocker :) I like the designs we're seeing though so no worries.

Any thoughts on this one?

mafia2smallJPG.jpg

I'd say you got it. If you could add a cigar and a couple of eyes under the hat that are like head lights? maybe a pocket watch below that says "car club" or "CC"..if possible make the pocket watch look like it is spinning?????. This may be it but I'd like to see that just to take a look. I'd also like to see the red in a few other colors (gray, white come to mind).

I really like this one though.

Been following this thread and its always cool to see someone with talent working, even over the net...just a suggestion but I would have put a Cobra on the logo ( maybe copyright issue?) instead of a hat - anyway - I'll go back to my coffee

Nice work

The solid red lettering works a lot better on a black t-shirt. I tried it both ways, and the open lettering doesn't show up quite as well. The open lettering would be OK for mugs, stickers, etc. (hard surface).

And we can't use the Cobra because of copyright issues. The red in the solid letters should be real close to the red stripes on the Red Stripe cars.

Joe G,

Sure I will be the weapons officer for the Black Vert Mafia!

The big black Barrett 50 CAL just seemed like a go together with the fast black vert GT500.

I like the shirt ideas, wish you could use Cobra though.

IMGP0147.jpg

Welcome ckedd!

I have a feeling that with that kind of firepower, we could probably use ANY trademarked logo and stand a pretty good chance of getting away with it. :hysterical:

Good to have another Mafia member here.

The Barrett 50. is my weapon of choice too...semi-auto, even the right model...I definitely want you watching my back!

I love the 1st black hat graphic, but maybe we could get them made to match all of our stripes....red or white (is that all?)

We could use a cobra that isnt the exact same...like maybe a head...

Or could we use the front end of the car under the hat showing the lights as the eyes? but very subtle

I like the looks of all of the stickers on the http://www.zazzle.com/pd/find/qs-black%20vert%20mafia site.

Maybe if you just ask Shelby if we owners can use the word Cobra, they would just say sure.

Just a thought.

But I sure want one.

I believe JoeG has stated that all black Mustang verts are welcome, including including GTs and V6s. So that rules out using Cobra on the logo.

And I'm on the BLACK 'VERT MAFIA MAP... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Come on guys. If you are going to put yourself on the map at least put your user name and pic of your car. :redcard: This way we can tell where eveyone is from.

Maybe you can match the lettering that's on the car and have it in the different colours to match their stripes...

I did. They're on the zazzle site. Both stickers and mugs, and a black/red t-shirt. Click on the link in my sig pic.

The hat is supposed to be subtle. It's not supposed to be the dominant part of the logo, the words "Black Vert" are.

I'm in 2007 triple black vert. #714 of 859 built in 07. Jacksonville Florida. Steeda CAI, Steeda upper and lower control arms and tune by Tony at HP in Orange Park Florida. Waiting to see if I have tranny or clutch issues before further mods.

Ordered a few of the shirts for the family - Hope to have them shown off live at herman Shelbyfest 08. I did get the red though as i put them on the black shirt and was not sure I liked the silver or gray. Even the little ones are getting one of these!

Joe - Just wait until it comes in and i get Kelly to model it :)

Archived