TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Latest news from Vgeas Car Dealer

speco2005

Email sent to me this week.

Subject: Shelby Update RefNo_V99529-21159

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:06:08 -0600

Dear Steve,

SHELBY UPDATE SHELBY UPDATE SHELBY UPDATE

Friendly Ford currently has 2 Shelby's soon to be available. They will be on a first come first service bases. They will require a $10,000 deposit. And they will be selling for $25,000 over MSRP. The MSRP on the vehicle will vary from $43,000 to $49,000.

Please get back to me right away if this is one of the vehicles you would like to purchase. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Tammy Villamar

Phone: 702-877-6591

Fax: 702-877-6530

reply@friendlyfordlv.com

Guest evilchris

Actually you know what'd be freaking hilarious, is to start calling dealers and offering them $50k over sticker. Play the same games with them they play with us.

Guest evilchris

I like El Cajon Ford, this is their slogan:

"nobody beats el cajon ford, nobody"

I asked them if they'd match Drew Ford's price on their Shelby, which is MSRP. They said no. Haha, going against your own slogan, classic.

Email sent to me this week.

Subject: Shelby Update RefNo_V99529-21159

Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 14:06:08 -0600

Dear Steve,

SHELBY UPDATE SHELBY UPDATE SHELBY UPDATE

Friendly Ford currently has 2 Shelby's soon to be available. They will be on a first come first service bases. They will require a $10,000 deposit. And they will be selling for $25,000 over MSRP. The MSRP on the vehicle will vary from $43,000 to $49,000.

Please get back to me right away if this is one of the vehicles you would like to purchase. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Tammy Villamar

Phone: 702-877-6591

Fax: 702-877-6530

reply@friendlyfordlv.com

Notice the web. address Friendlyfordlv -- Don`t ya love it . Should read tammy take `u` to the cleaners .com

Actually you know what'd be freaking hilarious, is to start calling dealers and offering them $50k over sticker. Play the same games with them they play with us.

Chris,

I agree that would be funny as hell, BUT...

In the short term it would just artificially inflate the dealer's expectations.

Making them think they can get that would only make them sit on the cars longer, and stay at their ridiculous ADM's longer and higher until they figured it out.

Might kind of be screwing ourselves up that way...

I can already hear it:

"Oh, you can't have it for MSRP, or even $10-k over, we have 3 customers this week alone that have offered $50-k. You better be at least $40-K or we can't even take it to the GM for approval..."

Know what I mean?

Mike.

Guest evilchris

Chris,

I agree that would be funny as hell, BUT...

In the short term it would just artificially inflate the dealer's expectations.

Making them think they can get that would only make them sit on the cars longer, and stay at their ridiculous ADM's longer and higher until they figured it out.

Might kind of be screwing ourselves up that way...

I can already hear it:

"Oh, you can't have it for MSRP, or even $10-k over, we have 3 customers this week alone that have offered $50-k. You better be at least $40-K or we can't even take it to the GM for approval..."

Know what I mean?

Mike.

yeah in a way. but then when the moron figures it out the car will be worth less than the "real" ADM, hahahah

This dealer has been really good to me bought 2 mustangs in the past year from them no hassles. They are on crack though if they think I am going to pay that for the car. For way less than that I have made my GT as fast and its the same damn car on the inside. I like the idea of calling them though and stringing them out

I'm going to call Tammy and phone sex her.

just start singing Barry White over the phone to her, you will either make her drop the price (and her pants) or she will curl up in a ball and start crying (and lower the price to make you go away), either way, you're a winner!

Seriously though, at the price they are asking you could get a Saleen 281E- more hp, lighter car, better weight distribution, more plastic on the outside (if that gets your fancy)

This dealer has been really good to me bought 2 mustangs in the past year from them no hassles. They are on crack though if they think I am going to pay that for the car. For way less than that I have made my GT as fast and its the same damn car on the inside. I like the idea of calling them though and stringing them out

Friendly's competition up I95 is an SVT dealer. As of last Saturday They are going to do auctions starting at 10 over. No cars in stock yet.

Friendly's competition up I95 is an SVT dealer. As of last Saturday They are going to do auctions starting at 10 over. No cars in stock yet.

Yep Team ford. they seem to be goos guys, had my car serviced there once and they were nice enough in the sales area took time with me to look at a lightning even though I said I was not buying just had never been in one. thats exactly what they have said all along. Its odd to me that Team is a SVT dealer etc... And yet Friendly always has a glut of GTs on the lot, and Team maybe 5 or 6. I know being an SVT dealer has no impact on regular mustangs but its just a odd fact to me.

Yep Team ford. they seem to be goos guys, had my car serviced there once and they were nice enough in the sales area took time with me to look at a lightning even though I said I was not buying just had never been in one. thats exactly what they have said all along. Its odd to me that Team is a SVT dealer etc... And yet Friendly always has a glut of GTs on the lot, and Team maybe 5 or 6. I know being an SVT dealer has no impact on regular mustangs but its just a odd fact to me.

You do realize that Friendly Ford and Team Ford are owned by the same family, don't you? :doh:

You do realize that Friendly Ford and Team Ford are owned by the same family, don't you? :doh:

Did not know that. They sure dont act like when pricing, Team wouldn touch the deals I got on my 2 mustangs last year. now Team did do better on a used one a friend picked up.

Are they part of a larger network? Or local owned by the same guy?

Just a quick comment. Years ago I tried to buy my wife a new 97 T-Bird from Friendly Ford in Denver,CO.

The sales-woman did the usual let me see what I can do, leaving us waiting,(you know all the bs tricks, the let me talk to out sales-manager-god cop, bad cop routine), but finally about 60 minutes later she came back with a deal that, though carefully camouflaged, amounted to us giving them our Taurus and they would charge us more than the sale price on the window! All I could say was "just how stupid do you think I am." Of course she pleaded for one more chance to see what the Sales manager could do. . .told her to stuff it, and have never crossed Friendly Ford's doors again.

Did not know that. They sure dont act like when pricing, Team wouldn touch the deals I got on my 2 mustangs last year. now Team did do better on a used one a friend picked up.

Are they part of a larger network? Or local owned by the same guy?

pricing, ethics, etc are all primarily tied to management not ownership.

Archived