TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sun Visor Warning Decals

SGT/SC#0471

So our cars have those silly yellow and white warning labels on the fabric part that you always see that imo are stupid. Anyone take em off and if you did, can you post a pic of them plain and how you did it? I am afraid I will permenentally screw up the fabric if I attempt it. Anyone been there and done that? Thanks in advance you guys and gals all rock!

So our cars have those silly yellow and white warning labels on the fabric part that you always see that imo are stupid. Anyone take em off and if you did, can you post a pic of them plain and how you did it? I am afraid I will permenentally screw up the fabric if I attempt it. Anyone been there and done that? Thanks in advance you guys and gals all rock!

took mine off on the passenger side so I could get CS autograph on it. It took a couple of hours of pain in the rear work. Used my fingernail gently, along with water and a mild tar remover. It looked pretty crappy when I was done, but I ironed all the wrinkles out, so it looks ok now. You might try using a heat gun on it to see if that would loosen it up some. Worst case if you screw it up is to go buy a new one for 70 or so.

I've been thinking about removing mine also, hoping to find some good suggestions here. My idea was to use a hand held steamer to hopefully loosen up the label. Has anyone tried that? They really do detract from the clean look of the interior.

Some sympathetic car manufacturers, like Ferrari, Maserati, and Aston, glue these abortions on so lightly that they come off as easily and flawlessly as a band-aid. Ford, unfortunately, is at the anal-retentive extreme. I suggest that you get some wide flat black plastic tape, cut a piece to fit over the label, and attach it.

You could also try this method, though I don't know how well it would work on Ford visors. If it doesn't work satisfactorily, you could always cover the remains with the black tape (above).

Michael

i dont even notice the stickers...i'm too busy driving it :spiteful:

Cool thanks! Yeah I trailer mine with my Harley/Shelby enclosed trailer behind my F150 HD edition truck only to shows and bike runs, car cruises etc... with my custom made for me HD, built on TV of course. Detailing with spray detail is FUN. Be careful about putting miles on your SGT, it will be worth a pile of cash soon.....more than you paid I am sure.

Some sympathetic car manufacturers, like Ferrari, Maserati, and Aston, glue these abortions on so lightly that they come off as easily and flawlessly as a band-aid. Ford, unfortunately, is at the anal-retentive extreme. I suggest that you get some wide flat black plastic tape, cut a piece to fit over the label, and attach it.

You could also try this method, though I don't know how well it would work on Ford visors. If it doesn't work satisfactorily, you could always cover the remains with the black tape (above).

Michael

Thanks for your reply cool!

If you remove your stickers, some poor fellow 30 years from now will be trying to find a way to put them back on when he restores your car!! :hysterical2:

Archived