TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Supercharger Update - 2008 Shelby GT's

Budman340

Hi all!!!

I wanted to let you all know that we were just informed from Paxton and Ford that the EO Certifications will not be ready for another 3-4 months. This means that during this time, we can not install any Paxton Super Chargers or Ford Racing Whipple Super Chargers at this time. As soon as they are certified and ready ti install, I will post the information again.

Thank you,

Bud

Hi all!!!

I wanted to let you all know that we were just informed from Paxton and Ford that the EO Certifications will not be ready for another 3-4 months. This means that during this time, we can not install any Paxton Super Chargers or Ford Racing Whipple Super Chargers at this time. As soon as they are certified and ready ti install, I will post the information again.

Thank you,

Bud

Thanks Bud,

I sure hope Paxton and Whipple get there stuff together quick!!

michael morris

Bud...Does this apply to all supercharger kit across the board, or, are the previously approved FRP Whipple and Paxton kits still aproved?

This only applies to the 2008 4.6L Paxton and Whipple Super Chargers. On the Whipple, this includes the 400hp NON inter cooled and the 500 HP inter cooled S/C's. If you were to go to FRP and buy a Whipple set up, you may get the parts, but Ford will not send you the cal until it is certified. As for Paxton, I believe they may not sell you the unit (2008 models) until it is certified. I am not sure on the Paxton unit or not, but I know that we can not get the cal yet until the EPA certifies them.

Bud

Any barn burner specials on getting an SC installed on 2007 models, I'd hate to have all those mod shop techs standing around playing cards :rolleyes:

Sorry, no specials yet. But I will be calling in some 07 come backs. Sitting around playing cards? Ummmmmmmmm I think we are a bit too busy to do that. We are still building the 40th Annv and the SS cars :happy feet:

Bud

Guys, we are really disappointed in this as well. But because we are a manufacturer we have to follow all the rules. I appreciate those of you with 08's who choose to wait. If you are an 07, we will move those up and get them done if you are not on the list, please email Bud

budm@shelbyautos.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Amy or Bud,

If we have an 07 do we have to ship back to ASI or can we get it by mail and have a Ford Dealer install. And what will be the cost to us?????

Amy/Bud, I too would like to know this. I am getting ready to buy the Shelby/Paxton SC for my 07. Also, if we have a Ford Dealer install the SC can we still get the stripe for the side of the car that says: "SHELBY GT/SC"??

• 2 months later...
Hi all!!!

Thank you,

Bud

:headscratch: Are we getting close now? :waiting:

Archived