TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Val Kilmore is K.I.T.T.

BAD SNAKE

Val Kilmer Is K.I.T.T. In Knight Rider, Replaces Will Arnett

“The voice is mine.”

Oooh, K.I.T.T. voice draaama! Friend of the world’s beaches and former Batman and Real Genius, Val Kilmer, has signed on to voice the smooth-computin’ automobile in the latest TV-reboot of Knight Rider for NBC and Universal. Will Kilmer’s K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Three Thousand) do a passable Elvis impersonation and fire a laser that pops a billion golden kernals? I don’t know wise guy, but I do know that actor Will Arnett (Arrested Development) is right bummed right now. Arnett had already finished recording all of his voice work for the rebooted show, which premieres in just two weeks, see? And before you swipe Kilmer’s jolly hand away as it attempts to steal Arnett’s gooey, delicious voice of K.I.T.T., know this: it isn’t Kilmer’s fault, see?

In one of the silliest signs of a world run amok in corporate Brawndo tie-ins, Arnett has done commercial voice work in the past for General Motors, and K.I.T.T., see, is a Ford Mustang. Kablowski! That invisible line in the industrial sandbox? Well, Arnett just crossed it. But he still had time to jump back over said line, cover his tracks and allow Kilmer to swing in using a vine made from his absolutely batshit resume to save the day and grab a nice payday (PayDay?).

The voice should have a Texas drawl...it really should be Carroll's voice.

Now for me, I keep thinking of Johnny Depp in a Jack Sparrow voice would work....

....except for this nasty "CARS" like image I keep getting.

Maybe I'll doodle up a Batman version later.

KITTGT500.jpg

Speaking of KITT the new series. Edmunds.com has a video about the car including the interior. It showed an automatic transmission selector. Maybe it's not a real GT500 after all.

Found more info, incase anyone is interested. They use a couple of GT's and a V6, gees

Edmunds info

Speaking of KITT the new series. Edmunds.com has a video about the car including the interior. It showed an automatic transmission selector. Maybe it's not a real GT500 after all.

I guess the car they are using is a Mustang GT built to look like a KR. Hence the automatic.

Thanks for the toon comments!

shelbydream1--do you mean an SGT toon with a Bat-Hat?

BadSnake--makes more sense that they used a GT, cheaper to mod and replace.

Wonder how many times we'll see it crunched?

Oh, I hope they don't show a Stang getting destroyed. It was OK, when it was a Firebird getting wrecked, but not our beloved Mustangs. Actually, come to think of it, I think KITT was supposed to be indestructable...hmmmm

By the way, Blip, I'd love to see a cartoon version of my baby (albeit without the bat suit, etc...hehehe). I'd even pay you for it.

Yes-my 6 year old would get a kick out of that.

Archived