TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby

Guest evilchris

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be interesting to see what effect this will have on GT 500 markups...my thought is it will eventually drag the market down.

It will be interesting to see how quick they will get the new Shelby GT into production...I think it will be fast. The Hertz GT-H was just announced in March and they are already on the street, so these new Shelby GTs could be in Ford dealerships by the end of the year?

Maybe it will be a V6 model.

It looks like it'll basically be the GT-H (factory ford V-8 with the factory power pack options taking it to 325-330 HP). Hopefully it'll be available in a stick and in other colors (sorry, I hate the HERTZ Black and Gold combo).

Guest evilchris

It looks like it'll basically be the GT-H (factory ford V-8 with the factory power pack options taking it to 325-330 HP). Hopefully it'll be available in a stick and in other colors (sorry, I hate the HERTZ Black and Gold combo).

Hopefully it will have no cheapo stripes!

I also rented a GT-H just last week in Phoenix. Put 250 miles on it. It only had 2800 miles on it and the stripes were chipped out in several places. I think a car wash brush will beat them off. Car itself was loud and sounded good, but not all that quick and the tranny was set to shift s-l-o-w-l-y when you put your foot in it. Floor it-WHHOSH-shifts-rpms drop-lower whoosh-revs up again-WHOOOSH, knd of strange. Fake (nonfunctional) louvers on the hood and side vents were kind of cheesy too. Best part was the CS signed plate on the dash. This should have been put on the GT500 as it was on the original Shelbys even those built by Ford plants. For what it's worth, the Hertz manager at Phoenix told me that original plans were for 500 cars, but there will be less made as several Hertz locations who were to receive the car decided they did not want them due to safety concerns etc., so the order number was cut by Hertz.

Well, now. This will be a hot thread!

I wonder how many folks will opt to wait for this one?

Gee - would this "Shelby" be more of a real Shelby than the 500?

Good question Rufdraft!

400hp might not fit with the moniker (GT350), but it would be more appealing and I would hope Ford could pull that much out of a normally aspirated engine.

Guest evilchris

Good question Rufdraft!

400hp might not fit with the moniker (GT350), but it would be more appealing and I would hope Ford could pull that much out of a normally aspirated engine.

The monikers in the 60's never had anything to do with the HP rating.....

Sorry, I didn't need quick time on this link

Whats next a Shelby apparel line, Shelby coffie mugs, Shelby hybred,s ?

No ,I hope they do come out with some different car options. Plus it can't hurt Ford - the company needs all the financial help it can get!

Guest evilchris

Sorry, I didn't need quick time on this link

Whats next a Shelby apparel line, Shelby coffie mugs, Shelby hybred,s ?

No ,I hope they do come out with some different car options. Plus it can't hurt Ford - the company needs all the financial help it can get!

Ford doesn't benefit from this insanity though. Dealers are screwing everything up. Holding cars for ransom ( $30K ADM ) means they sit LONGER and LESS are built. Just like the Ford GT which dealers ruined from a production standpoint. They let cars SIT asking $300k for a year when they could have sold 4 or more for $150k. Good for the dealer, terrible for Ford.

You guys know a lot more than me. That makes sence.

When I couldn't afford the 2004 Cobra, I have wanted a SC mustang terrably. Now wating on my GT 500.

Sounds like don't let the dealers ever get franchise rights to the Shelby name. Dealerships may start to look like a Harley Davidson store. :hysterical:

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../608030376/1148

Cool, I'm sure it will be "affordable" as invoiced by Ford, but I bet dealers will tack on an extra hard earned $20k or so to each one.

I agree, read where toyota took over number two on the big automakers list, wonder why??? haven't seen a 15K ADM on a camry lately have you....no...there in the business to sell cars...

Guest evilchris

I agree, read where toyota took over number two on the big automakers list, wonder why??? haven't seen a 15K ADM on a camry lately have you....no...there in the business to sell cars...

Plus the Camry is a higher quality car than a Mustang! Not saying I want a Camry over a Mustang, but Toyota's cars are better made period.

Plus the Camry is a higher quality car than a Mustang! Not saying I want a Camry over a Mustang, but Toyota's cars are better made period.

Right on brother...my wifes Lexus (RX330) runs like a sewing machine, they claim with proper maint. you can expect upwards of 200K miles ( I don't know about that) but I can tell you that there service is like no other....and it will hold its value better than an american auto. before anyone attacks me when we bought it it was about 2K higher than a Jeep and has a 4 year 50K bumper to bumper warranty...

Ford doesn't benefit from this insanity though. Dealers are screwing everything up. Holding cars for ransom ( $30K ADM ) means they sit LONGER and LESS are built. Just like the Ford GT which dealers ruined from a production standpoint. They let cars SIT asking $300k for a year when they could have sold 4 or more for $150k. Good for the dealer, terrible for Ford.

Dealers didn't screw up the GT. Ford screwed up with the suspension problems and held up production in 05, then they flooded the market with them causing the values to drop. Having the GT's sitting in showrooms, in itself, wasn't/isn't such bad deal for Ford as they collect about $1000/mo in interest for each one out there (most dealers' inventory is financed through Ford Credit, called "floorplan") . If anything, the dealers still trying to hatch their golden egg are only losing money because they'll never get the $200k+ they're asking.

As for the GT500, the dealers only have themselves to screw - if they want too much, no one will buy and it will sit there. If someone is willing to pay whatever the ADM is, then that's the buyer's decision and his/hers alone.

The bottom line is, the only way Ford can screw it up is to produce something no one wants, or for which no one wants to pay what Ford needs to make a profit.

Guest evilchris

rat: The dealers are screwing themselves by being shitbirds about the car and lying their asses off. Two dealers in San Diego, Kearny Mesa Ford and El Cajon Ford, have lost my business for life.

These cars need to be SOLD THROUGH and SEEN ON THE STREETS to have the impact Ford wants. Not sitting in some pricks showroom for a year. Dealers have no long term thinking.

rat: The dealers are screwing themselves by being shitbirds about the car and lying their asses off. Two dealers in San Diego, Kearny Mesa Ford and El Cajon Ford, have lost my business for life.

These cars need to be SOLD THROUGH and SEEN ON THE STREETS to have the impact Ford wants. Not sitting in some pricks showroom for a year. Dealers have no long term thinking.

So tell us evilchris, how do you really feel?

Just giving you a bit of a bad time; actually I agree 100%

CC

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../608030376/1148

Cool, I'm sure it will be "affordable" as invoiced by Ford, but I bet dealers will tack on an extra hard earned $20k or so to each one.

Good news for Shelby fans...bad news for those who think the GT500 is a "collector" item. I'm sure the real "final" Ford Shelby will be released after Carrol leaves this world.

EC, as an aside, I don't get the connection between 'earned' and ADM. I've seen you reference this before. The real issue is property rights. Dealers have 'em and customers don't with respect to new vehicle sales. Following your implied logic, all of those who made a bunch of money in the hot housing market should be ready to give it back...well, at the very least, they are undeserving of that money because they didn't earn it. All they did was purchase the rights to whatever property they own. And forget about the stock market...winners there are sitting on a bunch of undeserved loot, too.

No offense intended as I'm not sure what "earned" means to you...but it could be I haven't "earned" much of my wealth even though I made all of mine on my own (...well, with the help of some great partners...but not with the help of family).

Guest evilchris

Propety market is a bad analogy in my opinion. Anyone with X amount of dollars can buy a house that costs X.

Only dealers can buy Shelby's for $37k or whatever invoice is. Houses won't go down 50% in value in one year either, like the Shelby will if you pay $65k for it. Dealers are selling a retail item, not even the same league as investments.

Good news for Shelby fans...bad news for those who think the GT500 is a "collector" item. I'm sure the real "final" Ford Shelby will be released after Carrol leaves this world.

Ther will be a Shelby long after Carroll dies, just as there are Ferraris long after Enzo departed. Shelby Automobiles, Inc. will most definitely not die with it's founder.

Propety market is a bad analogy in my opinion. Anyone with X amount of dollars can buy a house that costs X.

Only dealers can buy Shelby's for $37k or whatever invoice is. Houses won't go down 50% in value in one year either, like the Shelby will if you pay $65k for it. Dealers are selling a retail item, not even the same league as investments.

Yes, my 401k dropped over 5k in the last three months! So 10k over MSRP?

What the hell, we will make more money next week!!

You cant take it with you and if you could, why???

Oh, Yea I like beer!! :happy feet:

Archived