TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT trade for 2010 GT 350?

sudden

Right now my answer is "No". No other pictures of a car have stirred so much emotion enough to make me think "I HAVE to own this car" as the pr pictures of the 2008 Shelby GT convertible released last fall. I must have tied up all communication circuits out of Iraq trying to find a dealer to sell one at sticker (Thanks again MM).

Can't say that it won't ever happen again, but right now - no thank you.

No but I would buy the GT350 and keep both. Are we being theoretical here or have they announced something I havent seen????? I havent been on as much the past month. Guess I need to get caught up!LOL

No but I would buy the GT350 and keep both. Are we being theoretical here or have they announced something I havent seen????? I havent been on as much the past month. Guess I need to get caught up!LOL

I'm with you Terry. My car is very special to me. But I would need to get #22. Oh and make mine Blue with White stripes, just like the one I dreamed about in 1965-66. :bowdown:

Hey you have to be prepared in case it really happens, that Cammer motor is sweet and they are blowing the doors off the comp. in the Koni challenge series. A street version in a GT350 would be really nice. I know Ford and Carroll can do it! No question in my mind that I would want one. Sudden.

Right now my answer is "No". No other pictures of a car have stirred so much emotion enough to make me think "I HAVE to own this car" as the pr pictures of the 2008 Shelby GT convertible released last fall. I must have tied up all communication circuits out of Iraq trying to find a dealer to sell one at sticker (Thanks again MM).

Can't say that it won't ever happen again, but right now - no thank you.

just sent yo a PM kevin. just wanted to make sure you check it

michael morris

Powered by a 5.0 Cammer engine with 400 base H.P.... Bye, bye 4.6, hello 5.0.

Sell my 2007 SGTSC for 2010 GT350? No, I will have/keep both.

Will SGT's drop in value? More than likely, but I don't give a rat's ass, cuz I LOVE mine.

Will a GT350 happen in MY 2010? Oh yeah, cuz ya gotta keep this locomotive stoked and movin' with something that people want to buy.

How many of us were waiting for the GT350 to return BEFORE the GT500 was announced?

A GT350 is coming, Amy said that to all here, it's in the works, and it's going to be one bitchen car when it gets loose.

"There's nothing like a Shelby"

Anyone here think they would be buying the true race prepped "cammer"?

I don't think so. I'll bet it will be a diluted version, detuned and limited for warranty and liability purposes.

Oh I think you will have a choice. The "diluted version" and an R model.

"First make history. Then repeat it."

Just food for thought. Would anybody trade their SGT for the possible 2010 GT 350 if it had the 5.0 Cammer engine?

Yep. Count me in.

Similar to the 426 Hemi. When I first heard about the new Challenger the 426 was supposed to be an option. Not so, at least for now, sigh...

Neither is necessarily for civilian vehicles. :)

Yep. Count me in.

Similar to the 426 Hemi. When I first heard about the new Challenger the 426 was supposed to be an option. Not so, at least for now, sigh...

Neither is necessarily for civilian vehicles. :)

Replying to my own wishlist...

Isn't the reason that they aren't making these because the new vehicles are so light? More engine power than the weight/aerodynamics of the vehicle can handle? Heck I need extra weight in the back of my Dodge 1500 5.7hemi because the rear end is way too light.

Remember now, the race version of the "cammer" is 11.0:1 compression, so, no pump gas. Your drink of choice will be 102 octane or better, and that's just for driving around the block.

IMHO, a Shelby GT 350 will be everything the GT 500 is, minus forced induction. But, time will tell, eh?

Also remember people that there will be more comp. from mopar and gm. CS will not sit back and be the little dog. There is some word that a race series like the original Trans Am will take place once the others get thier muscle car going. I would like to keep one up on those other brands. Bring on the CAMMER! 4.6 3 valve is gettin old. I love my sgt but will not like getting smoked by a 6.1 hemi challenger. Sudden.

It would be cool to have, but practically speaking it would make no financial sense. Anyway, something else would come along after that, there is no end....

I expect to always have an "original owner Shelby GT" !!!

Replying to my own wishlist...

Isn't the reason that they aren't making these because the new vehicles are so light? More engine power than the weight/aerodynamics of the vehicle can handle? Heck I need extra weight in the back of my Dodge 1500 5.7hemi because the rear end is way too light.

I would think it would be because of a number of things. Mostly the CAFE requirements on gas mileage, but Dodge's excuse for not bringing back the 426 was that the 370(6.1) makes the same HP. It's supposedly supposed to see the 392 in a few years.

I would love to see a GT350 with the 5.0. More hp would be nice, but the SGT is a great DD. I get into plenty of trouble with the SGT anyway :hysterical2:

There is some word that a race series like the original Trans Am will take place once the others get thier muscle car going. I would like to keep one up on those other brands. Bring on the CAMMER! 4.6 3 valve is gettin old. I love my sgt but will not like getting smoked by a 6.1 hemi challenger. Sudden.

There is...Grand Am Cup GS. Been around for years, and the FR 500C is built to spec for entry level into this style of road racing. You can buy everything you need to get started (and stay within the rules) from Ford Racing. Page 15 of the 2007 catalogue has a complete list of all the required parts.

I would have to see it first. I am very happy with the Shelby GT so it would have to be significantly better (Looks and Performance) for me to consider. I consider the Shelby GT the best looking available with a close second being the Parnelli Jones Saleen. If I wer going to spend over $50k I would have bought a Parnelli over a GT500 in a second. Now that GT500's are cheaper it would be a more difficult decision.

Hey you have to be prepared in case it really happens.....

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Prepared? Prepared for what?

How can you "prepared" now. Do you really need two years to ponder this question when you don't have any information on what the final GT350 specs are? What time line? Trade in value on SGT? Volume projections? SAI or FORD? What about ADM? or MSRP? What is the competition offering? Have I won the lottery yet? Anything?

I plan ahead but you have to give me something here.... I can't see selling my SGT for a GT350...or any other Shelby for that matter. I approach every new Shelby announcement the same.....I want it.....but then reality sets in....I can't afford them all....I also think it would be cool to pick up a new camaro and challenger to go with my Shelby :dreamy: ....oh that's right....I can't afford them all..... :banghead:

We can't all be Ron Pratt....

Archived