TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT4540

I have been reading this forum for the past few months, both prior to ownership and now daily as a proud owner of a black 07 SGT. I just joined Team Shelby and this is my first post.

I have noticed a lot of posts concerning car care products and car covers. Just wanted to add my two cents worth. I use products from Griot's Garage and have been completely satisfied. When I got my car there were a number of scratches in the black paint that needed attention. I use a random orbital polisher and Griot's machine polish with exceptional results. I also use Griot's car wash and wax. In addition, I purchased a car cover, model Dustop, from Griot's and it fits perfectly. Hope it helps those who may still be looking for car care products and covers.

I have been reading this forum for the past few months, both prior to ownership and now daily as a proud owner of a black 07 SGT. I just joined Team Shelby and this is my first post.

I have noticed a lot of posts concerning car care products and car covers. Just wanted to add my two cents worth. I use products from Griot's Garage and have been completely satisfied. When I got my car there were a number of scratches in the black paint that needed attention. I use a random orbital polisher and Griot's machine polish with exceptional results. I also use Griot's car wash and wax. In addition, I purchased a car cover, model Dustop, from Griot's and it fits perfectly. Hope it helps those who may still be looking for car care products and covers.

Welcome to ownership and to the forums!

Thanks for the info and perspective! I hadn't heard of these guys before I'll look'um up!

-Jeff

Welcome & Congrat`s on your new Shelby. Where can you purchase Griots products?

You can purchase products online at griotsgarage.com. Website is easy to navigate and find the items you need. Plus they have a great catalog you can get. New one comes out every few weeks.

Welcome. Congrats on the car. I am a Griot's user, as well. Been using their products for a few years now. Really like the Best in Show Wax and Speed Shine. I ordered the same cover as you, right after I got my SGT. I was nervous about the fit when I ordered it, but your right - it fits perfectly. I also had them embroider my CSM# in Blue on the back panel.

Now go drive that thing!

Does anyone have experience with Turtle Wax ICE? Supposedly it goes on easy and doesn't leave residue on rubber weatherstripping, etc.

http://www.turtlewax.com/main.taf?p=2,1,1

Its time for me to start thinking about shining up the SGT while I'm waiting for spring to arrive! :)

I use ClearKote and Meguiars. Turtlewax ICE doesnt even come close to most of the products out there.I test all kinds of products for my customers. Keep this in mind "You get what you pay for."

My formula is this

Wash

Clay

Polish or Glaze

Apply Sealant or Carnauba wax.

Sealant lasts longer but carnauba gives paint its POP.

I use these pics for reference.

treesinroof.jpg

442emblemreflection.jpg

HPIM1420.jpg

These are all reflections after proper paint detail.

I use ClearKote and Meguiars. Turtlewax ICE doesnt even come close to most of the products out there.I test all kinds of products for my customers. Keep this in mind "You get what you pay for."

My formula is this

Wash

Clay

Polish or Glaze

Apply Sealant or Carnauba wax.

Sealant lasts longer but carnauba gives paint its POP.

Thanks for the tips ShowCar. I see you now have your own pinned topic, so I'll be sure to check it out for more info.

Archived