TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ResistAll Query

rheller

New torch red '08 sitting in our New Hampshire garage. Dealer called us immediately after truck delivery. Odometer said 4.7 miles. My wife and I spent a solid half hour going over the car and couldn't find a flaw, to include stripe application. We are very pleased.

The town we live in charged us more in taxes and licensing fees than the annual insurance premium. That was an unwelcome surprise. However, we were able to snage the vanity plate "GT500." Are we the only one in this small state?

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to inquire about the ResistAll Premium Package Coverage offered to us by the dealership at a cost of $995.00. Anyone have any experience with this? Does it obviate the need for future wax applications?

Many thanks.

New torch red '08 sitting in our New Hampshire garage. Dealer called us immediately after truck delivery. Odometer said 4.7 miles. My wife and I spent a solid half hour going over the car and couldn't find a flaw, to include stripe application. We are very pleased.

The town we live in charged us more in taxes and licensing fees than the annual insurance premium. That was an unwelcome surprise. However, we were able to snage the vanity plate "GT500." Are we the only one in this small state?

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to inquire about the ResistAll Premium Package Coverage offered to us by the dealership at a cost of $995.00. Anyone have any experience with this? Does it obviate the need for future wax applications?

Many thanks.

IMO, dealer applied paint sealants are overpriced. As far as whether you still need to wax, I'd ask the dealer the brand name of the product they use, then do your own research on the internet. Trust but verify.

IMO, dealer applied paint sealants are overpriced. As far as whether you still need to wax, I'd ask the dealer the brand name of the product they use, then do your own research on the internet. Trust but verify.

+1 You know you are going to want to wax this car, its half the fun of owning them, I would strongly resist their sales pitch. That seems AWFUL HIGH!

Davey's right!

Do it yourself - don't fall for the old "premium paint protector" snake oil pitch. It's a well-known dealer moneymaker (easily 300-500% markup) that typically isn't any better than what you can do yourself.

If you're dead set on not waxing it yourself - just find a good detailer in your area, find out what he uses, and do that once a year. Much better job and quite a bit cheaper I'd say.

None of the sealers lasts a lifetime. They will breakdown and you will need to wax. Plus, if they are applied wrong, they make your car "ugly". The Mustang is small and easy to wax. Use any high quality wax and you will get great long lasting protection and save yourself some serious money. Here's my short list: Meguiars NXT, Zaino, Turtle Wax ICE, Griots. You can't go wrong with any of them. One word of caution - ICE does leave a residue, it's just clear so try not to get it on the plastic even if it won't turn white.

Congrats on what sounds like a very nice GT500.

Enjoy it. It is a wonderful piece of machinery.

I wouldn't get the package. That is way too much for what you get. Then again, I love to primp mine. If I can't drive it, I spend time cleaning, polishing, waxing. Even the engine bay and undercarriage. It is another way to enjoy the car to me. I never consider it work.

Griots garage Here sells a self applied paint sealant that lasts at least a year. I don't use it on my GT500, but, I do on my daily drivers. My truck is still beading like a new wax job 9 months after my last application including a sandy, salty rainy winter.

Dealer claims a seven year warranty. At the end of seven years, return and an all new application will be provided at no cost. That's not bad, if true.

I don't care how pampered your car is, NOTHING lasts for 7 years. What you are buying is the warranty, not the product. They're banking on the fact that most people won't have the car in 7 years, or they didn't show up for their annual inspection, or whatever. Do yourself and your paint job a favor and skip it. Spend a Sunday afternoon with your car once very 6 months doing a detail and wax. It's very therapeutic.

I don't care how pampered your car is, NOTHING lasts for 7 years. What you are buying is the warranty, not the product. They're banking on the fact that most people won't have the car in 7 years, or they didn't show up for their annual inspection, or whatever. Do yourself and your paint job a favor and skip it. Spend a Sunday afternoon with your car once very 6 months doing a detail and wax. It's very therapeutic.

Agree.

Again - don't fall for it.

It's proven that this is just a money making add-on to increase their profits.

Put that money in a safe MM or CD at 5% and you'll do better than this 7 year scam.

Agree.

Again - don't fall for it.

It's proven that this is just a money making add-on to increase their profits.

Put that money in a safe MM or CD at 5% and you'll do better than this 7 year scam.

i say sh*t can the dealers crap!

i worked for one that pictched it----- it was CRAP

300% markup :banghead:

Archived