TEAM SHELBY FORUM

to tasca or not to tasca

jsdogs1

Let me start off this by saying I have nothing against tasca. I don't know them and I am sure that they do a fine job. That being said I chose to send my car to vegas for the SS upgrade. It cost twice as much to ship it there as it would to send it to Conn. I felt that the value of the work years from now would be worth more if the car had a Shelby on its Id plate. Let me get your opinion. I will give you a scenerio and you guys tell me if I am crazy. If 10 or 15 years from now you were in the market to buy an SS. you saw 2 identical cars side by side one built in Conn. by an authorized dealer and the other built by the Shelby factory in vegas, which one would you rather have? I bought the car as not only a fun toy but also as an investment. I felt, right or wrong that it would be worth more if it was built in "the factory". My car is already in vegas waiting for the upgrade so the dicision has been made as to where it goes I just wondered what you other guys thought.

Thanks for the feed back

Good question Im trying to make that choice Im waiting to be SS have a high number. Ive been in contact with Tasca seem like capable ,caring ,quality people. One reason in favor of Tasca I would think my car will get done faster but long term had the same question about long term value but Its about driving it now and let my kids worry about long term value Im interested in more views?

Let me start off this by saying I have nothing against tasca. I don't know them and I am sure that they do a fine job. That being said I chose to send my car to vegas for the SS upgrade. It cost twice as much to ship it there as it would to send it to Conn. I felt that the value of the work years from now would be worth more if the car had a Shelby on its Id plate. Let me get your opinion. I will give you a scenerio and you guys tell me if I am crazy. If 10 or 15 years from now you were in the market to buy an SS. you saw 2 identical cars side by side one built in Conn. by an authorized dealer and the other built by the Shelby factory in vegas, which one would you rather have? I bought the car as not only a fun toy but also as an investment. I felt, right or wrong that it would be worth more if it was built in "the factory". My car is already in vegas waiting for the upgrade so the dicision has been made as to where it goes I just wondered what you other guys thought.

Thanks for the feed back

A car for an investment. :hysterical2:

Tasca is in RI. What do you mean "the factory"? The GT500 is built by Ford

I'd chose Tasca, they worked on the early Cobras back in the 60's and can make more performance mods then SAI can outside of the Super Snake package. But you need to be happy with the choice you made as it is your money and car.

A car for an investment. :hysterical2:

Tasca is in RI. What do you mean "the factory"? The GT500 is built by Ford

I'd chose Tasca, they worked on the early Cobras back in the 60's and can make more performance mods then SAI can outside of the Super Snake package. But you need to be happy with the choice you made as it is your money and car.

I couldn't agree more!!! First of all you cannot get excited about this car being an investment!! I hope that you are not watching Barrett - Jackson and thinking to yourself 'man i'm gonna make a fortune on this car in the future', because that is nuts!!

I would love to think that my SS is gonna be worth alot of $$ in the future but that is not the reason I own the car or the reason I'm getting SS'ed at TASCA in RI.

Besides, that being said Tasca has a boat load of history behind them and in my opinion would INCREASE the value of your SS!!!

Picture this 25 years from now your in the market for a SS and there are only 5 left that were built at the famous Tasca and 500 left that were built in Vegas...... which do you think would be worth more???

Just my opinion if I feed into your hypothetical on the investment side of the Shelby SS......

Either way..... GOOD LUCK and post pics as soon as you get your SS back!!!! :snake:

I would not think of Tasca as a "dealer". In this case, (unless I am mistaken) it is a factory-authorized shop, in essence, it IS Shelby in Rhode Island (not Connecticut). Whether done at Shelby RI or Shelby NV, they get the same credentials and registry recognition. So, I would go with whichever costs less. In addition, Tasca has a lot of important history behind it also with respect to Ford and Shelby.

Investment? From 1965-1970 Shelby " built" 13,769 cars. In just 2 years they will turn out almost twice that ! I have owned a 1970 shelby and I am in the market for an 08 but not as an investment. For a car to drive and have fun with. The only people making money on these cars will be the dealers ,for a very long time. Fran

Tasca Ford has had an ongoing relationship with Shelby since the 60s. They worked on Shelby engines and Cobra engines at that time and have been a high performance mod shop since then. The place is the size of a normal shopping center with the capacity to do all major modifications, plus they are a full service Ford dealership. They were involved in the developement of the first Thunderbolt. They are my first choice to convert my SS

By the way they are in Rhode Island not Conn.

Tasca Ford has had an ongoing relationship with Shelby since the 60s. They worked on Shelby engines and Cobra engines at that time and have been a high performance mod shop since then. The place is the size of a normal shopping center with the capacity to do all major modifications, plus they are a full service Ford dealership. They were involved in the developement of the first Thunderbolt. They are my first choice to convert my SS

By the way they are in Rhode Island not Conn.

Well said....

Ok, so now that you guys handed my ass to me. Let me clarify a few things. Sorry about the Conn thing my error. Also, I didn't trade my IRA for the car. I figured it would not lose money over time and I do plan on driving it, however it is not the family car so I hope it increases in value somewhat over time. before I made my decision to send the car to vegas I spoke with some one from Tasca and they still hadn't recieved any parts for the upgrade. I figured that vegas already had the parts on hand so my car would get done faster there. ( I may be wrong only time will tell) Any way thanks for the drubbing I am always happy to learn from the best

I had been planning on sending my car to Tasca for some time. They are an entirely capable shop. I was at the Tasca Shelby event back in August and saw they have quite an operation. One could argue that because of the special history Tasca has on its own, that these converted Shelby's may garner a better return in time. However, I'm shipping to Vegas tomorrow. I'm doing mine at SAI simply because they are now scheduling some cars, and Tasca is not. I thought I could get mine scheduled at Tasca this winter and save some money to boot. That's not happening and I'm not interested in having the work done during the summer. I'm tired of waiting.

I had been planning on sending my car to Tasca for some time. They are an entirely capable shop. I was at the Tasca Shelby event back in August and saw they have quite an operation. One could argue that because of the special history Tasca has on its own, that these converted Shelby's may garner a better return in time. However, I'm shipping to Vegas tomorrow. I'm doing mine at SAI simply because they are now scheduling some cars, and Tasca is not. I thought I could get mine scheduled at Tasca this winter and save some money to boot. That's not happening and I'm not interested in having the work done during the summer. I'm tired of waiting.

Have you talked to Tasca lately? They are to be up and running this month, per Amy. :happy feet:

Some things are worth waiting for.

Have you talked to Tasca lately? They are to be up and running this month, per Amy. :happy feet:

Some things are worth waiting for.

Thanks, but I've been hearing that since October. As it is, my car won't be back until some time in March. Any other delay would be cutting into driving time - and I'm already planning on the Springfest in Nags Head in April. I don't want to be in a position where I can;t do things because my car is in a shop. Kyle and Steve have known about my interest for months and I haven't heard from them and I'm tired of calling. SAI called me last week. I'd be interested in how the Tasca scheduling actually works out.

Ok, so now that you guys handed my ass to me. Let me clarify a few things. Sorry about the Conn thing my error. Also, I didn't trade my IRA for the car. I figured it would not lose money over time and I do plan on driving it, however it is not the family car so I hope it increases in value somewhat over time. before I made my decision to send the car to vegas I spoke with some one from Tasca and they still hadn't recieved any parts for the upgrade. I figured that vegas already had the parts on hand so my car would get done faster there. ( I may be wrong only time will tell) Any way thanks for the drubbing I am always happy to learn from the best

I was not trying to abuse you in any way so if it came across that way it was not meant to!

I just think that Tasca is great..... They will be up and running very very soon and lets keep each other posted as to who gets their car back first!

I haven't even sent mine to Tasca yet and I bet it will be real close!

Either way we are both getting SS'ed and thats all that matters!!!

Good Luck with everything and keep me updated!!! Thanks!

Thanks, but I've been hearing that since October. As it is, my car won't be back until some time in March. Any other delay would be cutting into driving time - and I'm already planning on the Springfest in Nags Head in April. I don't want to be in a position where I can;t do things because my car is in a shop. Kyle and Steve have known about my interest for months and I haven't heard from them and I'm tired of calling. SAI called me last week. I'd be interested in how the Tasca scheduling actually works out.

Posted by CoopersShelby 1/30/08

I was told yesterday that my car has not been assigned a lift yet. I am suppose to be one of the first 10 verts in line. At least my car is there and waiting, still cold in the midwest.

Has anyone of the first 10 Super Snakes gotten their cars back yet? :waiting:

Still no lift assigned to my car 2/6/08. They said they would call me when it has a lift. My car has been in vegas for almost a month. Ill keep you posted, but things are not moving fast in Vegas either. No offense to SAI, Its still cold and shitty here in the midwest.

How long did they say the conversion would take once it was on the lift?

Thanks!

Here's what SAI is sending out when they call to schedule. It includes many reasons why a car may be delayed once there. I have none of them.

Please make sure there is a “Registration” or some form of “Proof of Ownership” in your car when it arrives here, as we only do conversions on

Post-Title cars. We will not be able to admit it to our Mod Shop without Proof of Ownership.

Just to follow-up, per our conversation just now, these are the “stipulations” when sending your car for conversion:

We do not have Silver wheels right now and won’t when your car comes in. Anyone with Silver wheels has to chose a different color, or what until the next batch of cars is called in.

We do not have Blue Brakes right now and won’t when your car comes in. Anyone with Blue Brakes has to chose a different color, or what until the next batch of cars is called in.

We are ONLY taking cars with 605 HP or less for now.

REALLY IMPORTANT:

NO TIMELINES! We want to avoid customers coming and waiting in town for their car because the car(s) are not accepted in the mod shop in any particular order. We can not promise a car will be admitted to shop upon arrival or will be done in the normal 5 day turn-around, as we are accepting a very large batch of cars at one time.

NOTE: When a car is getting the straight 40th, with no upgrades, it is a good 5 day-turnaround once it is accepted to the mod shop. IF your car is getting any Upgrades, it is more of a week and a half to two week timeline, to give the mod shop enough time with the car once it is admitted to the mod shop.

We will call you once the car is admitted to the mod shop, so you can arrange pick-up.

Here is the details/ pricing on Upgrades:

600HP and 700+HP are available options on the Coupe

600HP is the max power option available on the convertible.

600HP will be warrantied (extent of warranty to be determined)

700+HP package has NO DRIVETRAIN WARRANTY

700+HP package will use a Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger upgrade

The 700+HP pkg will have a one piece drive shaft

Power upgrade to 700+HP will be $10,000.

This will include the Shelby/Kenne Bell Supercharger, Borla Exhaust upgrade, one piece drive shaft and labor.

You can opt for the Satin Supercharger for an add’l $650 OR Polished Supercharger for an additional $1,300.

The 600HP package will be approximately $7,500.

The short throw shifter is NOW available for an additional $549.99

Shelby Extreme-Plus Brake System (calipers available in Blue, Red, Orange or Black) $4,189.98 installed.

You can see them at www.shelbyperformanceparts.com.

Thank you! We look forward to getting your car converted to a “Shelby” for you in a timely fashion.

Have a great day! J

~Cynthia Robinson

Shelby Automobiles Inc

Ph: 702 942-7325 ext.142

cynthiar@shelbyautos.com

No ass-handing intended. Sorry if I came across that way. I guess everyone is getting a little testy because of the wait. :waiting:

I have patience and Im not testy now, but Timely Fashion I dont know what that might mean in terms of time line to get these cars done. Frustrated might descibe me now. Im sure this is a big project for SAI however were are spending some $$$ I think Ill go have a beer now.

I have patience and Im not testy now, but Timely Fashion I dont know what that might mean in terms of time line to get these cars done. Frustrated might descibe me now. Im sure this is a big project for SAI however were are spending some $$$ I think Ill go have a beer now.

Cheers to your health.....

Thanks for the responses to him guys!

Sorry I have not been on here recently, If anyone has any questions please e-mail me at KMcCombs@Tasca.com

My phone has been basically ringing non-stop lately, every phone call I take I will have 2 messages by the end of that call - Very difficult. We are expecting some kits in very soon but until we get all the parts in inventory and make sure every part we should have is here we will not be scheduling any cars.

Thanks!

Kyle

Archived