TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do you feel like I feel ?

deadeye3834

I have owned everything automotive from GTOs to Porsches, raced SCCA for 8 years, and just absolutely love cars. Nothing I ever owned has created as much attention at my Black SGT. Every trip is highlighted by some stranger telling me how much they like the car. The South is loaded w/ Mustangs of all descriptions, but the Shelby stands out above all comers. I commute 200 miles round trip to work ( not every day !) and I use the county roads of Georgia & Alabama. With no exceptios the best high speed ride you can buy, no surprises, solid & predictable. Saw my first GT350 @ college in 1965 & never expected to own one. Dreams do come true.

I have said many times that I have NEVER had a car garner so much attention, EVER. I have owned more than my fair share of Mustangs, and as I grew older, Lexus, Jaguar, Mercedes, Volvo, etc. and no car gets the attention this one does. I get thumbs up all the time, trucks honk, girls slow down and wave, people turn as they pass, people "bother me" at the gas pump, or I come out of a store to find people looking at the car. I had a guy in a truck once at a stop light take pictures of me out his window with a digital camera saying he wanted to show the pictures to his son. I had a mother slow down next to me and point back to the rear seat where her son had his nose against the window looking. I've had the valet at different places, some known as high class, voluntarily park my car up front by the door. I pulled up to one club where the valet said, "Very nice sir, we'll park this right up front here"...he got in and drive it 5 feet to the other side of the door where it sat all night behind a Lamborgini, NO LIE.

None of these things ever happened with my other more expensive cars.

I'm very happy....

In Los Angeles there is only one thing that gains more attention than my Shelby's, and she's checked into U.C.L.A. right now. :hysterical2:

I have said many times that I have NEVER had a car garner so much attention, EVER. I have owned more than my fair share of Mustangs, and as I grew older, Lexus, Jaguar, Mercedes, Volvo, etc. and no car gets the attention this one does. I get thumbs up all the time, trucks honk, girls slow down and wave, people turn as they pass, people "bother me" at the gas pump, or I come out of a store to find people looking at the car. I had a guy in a truck once at a stop light take pictures of me out his window with a digital camera saying he wanted to show the pictures to his son. I had a mother slow down next to me and point back to the rear seat where her son had his nose against the window looking. I've had the valet at different places, some known as high class, voluntarily park my car up front by the door. I pulled up to one club where the valet said, "Very nice sir, we'll park this right up front here"...he got in and drive it 5 feet to the other side of the door where it sat all night behind a Lamborgini, NO LIE.

None of these things ever happened with my other more expensive cars.

I'm very happy....

In Vegas before Thanksgiving, at my Hotel, the Valet (for $5) moved a Ferrari to park my Betsy right in the front!

Hmmmm... I wonder what the Ferrari driver gave the Valet...? :dreamy:

ahhhhhh i got to drive my SGT with the windows down for the first time all winter :superhero: ...its been 70º here for a couple of days. :headspin:

man this car sounds sweet with the windows down. :rockon:

but it started gettin kinda rainy earlier so i had to roll up the windows :censored:

I have said many times that I have NEVER had a car garner so much attention, EVER. I have owned more than my fair share of Mustangs, and as I grew older, Lexus, Jaguar, Mercedes, Volvo, etc. and no car gets the attention this one does. I get thumbs up all the time, trucks honk, girls slow down and wave, people turn as they.......

whoe! whoe! whoe! wait a sec.....girls slow down and wave? :do what: THATS NEVER HAPPENED TO ME :banghead:

:petting:

These cars are way too much fun. I let my 70 year old, father-in-law "terrorize" the North Georgia Mountains this past weekend. He was smiling, laughing, and smokin' the rear tires all weekend. Every time we stopped for gas (and every time I have stopped for gas previously), we got at least 1 person walk over to ask questions and drool over the car.

Even my wife said.... "okay this is a cool car"... during her first ride.

My son and I rented a GT-H from Hertz, while at the Shelby Birthday Bash in Las Vegas. Three times from the airport to the hotel, we had people in the next car commenting on how cool the care was - then asking "...you can rent these at Hertz?"

This is not a car to own, if you are bashful, or do not want attention.

"This is more fun than I deserve!"

especially when they are white, right? :hysterical2:

what's up crazy man? :superhero:

Just doin' my best to keep up my side of the country crazy, are you doin' the same on your side? Remember, that's the deal; I'm west coast crazy and your the East coast representative!! :hysterical2:

It's only been a little less than a month since the bash and I wish we were doing it all over again. What a blast it was, and I really miss everyone already. I got my sights on Tulsa in June, but I don't know if I'll be able to get there yet.

It's great to hear from you Wicked, and I hope that you and the new wifey are doing great in the Garden State!

Just doin' my best to keep up my side of the country crazy, are you doin' the same on your side? Remember, that's the deal; I'm west coast crazy and your the East coast representative!! :hysterical2:

It's only been a little less than a month since the bash and I wish we were doing it all over again. What a blast it was, and I really miss everyone already. I got my sights on Tulsa in June, but I don't know if I'll be able to get there yet.

It's great to hear from you Wicked, and I hope that you and the new wifey are doing great in the Garden State!

Hey.....trying my best to do my part. As you know, sometimes I can really apply myself. :superhero:

The Mrs and I are fantastic, ........she wants a new car. Where is the ShelbyEscape man?

I cant believe it was a month ago already for vegas, seems like yesterday sometimes, seems like ages ago others.........weird.

Cant make Tulsa, but we have to get you out here in the Spring/Summer so you can see how we roll!Remember, there's always a black SGT on the East Coast waiting for you buddy.

Be safe.

OH YEAH! I love the looks the car gets. Much to the chagrin of her burly male driver, I had the gorgeous passenger in a Viper tell me how sweet my car was at a stoplight. Nothing like a Shelby Mustang (was going to leave it as just Shelby, but doubt a Shelby Dodge Omni garners much attention) :hysterical2::hysterical:

These cars are just sweet and i can't wait for spring to get mine back out!! :waiting:

These cars are way too much fun. I let my 70 year old, father-in-law "terrorize" the North Georgia Mountains this past weekend. He was smiling, laughing, and smokin' the rear tires all weekend. Every time we stopped for gas (and every time I have stopped for gas previously), we got at least 1 person walk over to ask questions and drool over the car.

My son and I rented a GT-H from Hertz, while at the Shelby Birthday Bash in Las Vegas. Three times from the airport to the hotel, we had people in the next car commenting on how cool the care was - then asking "...you can rent these at Hertz?"

This is not a car to own, if you are bashful, or do not want attention.

"This is more fun than I deserve!"

We attend a lot of dirt track events in GA & AL. First time I showed up in the Shelby, I let several of my racing buddies take it down the highway. Eventually we attracted the attention of the resident sherriff & had to stop, but everyone was impressed & amazed that I would let them drive it. Hey, that's what it's all about. I bought it to drive & enjoy and share the experience w/ my buds. I never considered it an investment in anything other than absolute fun. Never live a boring life - drive a unique car, marry a good looking woman, dress like you're successful, take a ride in a dirt late model, try the Richard Petty experience, help your friends have fun. Look around at the majority of drivers & their totally boring rides, I'd rather drive a 10 year old cool car than any brand new "people mover" piece of crap. Here in the land of SUVs and pickup trucks, I'm doing my part to give them something to drool over.

A month ago my wife and I went to look at a 08 Bullitt Mustang. We looked at the Bullitt and then went into the showroom where they had their 08 SGT. My wife looked at the SGT and said "This is a cool car. You should get this one." I think they set a record getting it out of the showroom for our test drive. We brought it home that day and I'm still grinning.

There is a special magic that goes along with the Shelby brand. Just watch a Barrett Jackson auction and you typcially see a collection of Shelbys fetching top spots on the bid boards. People know and love these cars. I also had a similar Vegas Vallet situation. I pulled up to the Hilton and the Vallet said "Wow a Shelby Mustang, I will keep it close so that we keep an eye on it and so that you can have it close. They moved a Corvette to get my SGT 5 feet from them.

I stayed there for the weekend and no matter how many times I left and drove the car they always kept it close and never moved mine for someone else. LOL

Nothing like a Shelby Mustang (was going to leave it as just Shelby, but doubt a Shelby Dodge Omni garners much attention) :hysterical2::hysterical:

These cars are just sweet and i can't wait for spring to get mine back out!! :waiting:

hey now :redcard: i like my shelby dodge csx-vnt and they only 500 of them. you should see how much attention they get when you smoke "fast car".

Archived