TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Congrats to the NY Giants !!!

Yeah, they played one heck of a defensive game, and Eli's completed pass when getting tackled on the last drive is one for the highlight reels.

My wife is pretty pumped (she moved down to NC from NY back in 1999) about the win. We're still at the hospital after having our 3rd child, but we did get a suite with a flat screen HD LCD TV, so watching it here wasn't too bad.

Oh, and yeah, we're pretty pumped about the new baby too. :baby:

It was one of the best Super Bowls, If not "THE BEST".

Glad to see the Giants pulled it out. What a surprise.

I am a Raider Fan and have disliked the Patriots ever since we got robbed by the

Officials on a call in the snow that kept us out of the Super Bowl several years ago.

And being a Raider fan has been no fun ever since then.

Congradulations to the Giants and Eli Manning for being MVP.......... :happy feet:

It was one of the best Super Bowls, If not "THE BEST".

Glad to see the Giants pulled it out. What a surprise.

I am a Raider Fan and have disliked the Patriots ever since we got robbed by the

Officials on a call in the snow that kept us out of the Super Bowl several years ago.

And being a Raider fan has been no fun ever since then.

Congradulations to the Giants and Eli Manning for being MVP.......... :happy feet:

My hubby could have typed your post lol..he has never gotten over that call in the snow lol. Something about being a Raider fan :hysterical:

That was an AWESOME game ! And congrats on the baby ShelbyCoba !! :happy feet:

What a great game, I still cant believe it.

Eli must have had 5 or 6 hands on him in the last drive! :superhero:

and HOW did Tyree catch that ball? :superhero:

This was one for the ages.

My feet wont touch the ground for weeks!

and it was nearly 50 here yesterday and I drove the SGT to the Super Bowl Party!

Life is good!

Tyree's catch was that highlight of this game. Probably the most significant and spectacular play in recent SuperBowl history. I don't really like the Giants (I'm a Cowboys fan) but they deserve a lot of credit for this win. Giant's defense was fantastic and Eli made the big plays when he needed to.

What a great game, I still cant believe it.

Eli must have had 5 or 6 hands on him in the last drive! :superhero:

and HOW did Tyree catch that ball? :superhero:

This was one for the ages.

My feet wont touch the ground for weeks!

and it was nearly 50 here yesterday and I drove the SGT to the Super Bowl Party!

Life is good!

I thought about you yesterday Mike !!! How exciting for you ! I have to say, they were cheered on by many across the country yesterday . That was one of the best games I have watched !

That last drive..with every play, you could hear the cheers around our neighborhood ! (it was 78 here lol ..windows open ! )

Congrats to your team !

Sue

The Giants deserved to win, they played better football than the Patriots. That said, I thought it was the Worst Superbowl I had ever seen until the 4th quarter, that quarter made up for the rest of the game. I am not sure what New England was doing, they kept trying to run the ball, something they did not do all year. Then again, I guess it had something to do with the Giants Defensive line running over the Patriots Offensive line every play.

MVP should have been the Giants Defensive line or Tyree. With out them, they would have gotten killed. Give Brady time and he will tear you apart. Eli did nothing special, getting out of the one tackle was good, but he just threw it up after that. Tyree's catch had nothing to do with Eli's skills.

I am also happy they won with-out Shockey, talk about the Most over-rated player in Football, he did not even sit on the sidelines. They showed him in the box drinking beers. How about Tiki Barber, you will not hear from him anymore about how great he was and the Giants will not be the same with-out him. Low Class idiots. If only Strahan was out also, that would have been great, he is another Giant that thinks he is much better than he is or ever has been.

Congrats to the rest of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Giants deserved to win, they played better football than the Patriots. That said, I thought it was the Worst Superbowl I had ever seen until the 4th quarter, that quarter made up for the rest of the game. I am not sure what New England was doing, they kept trying to run the ball, something they did not do all year. Then again, I guess it had something to do with the Giants Defensive line running over the Patriots Offensive line every play.

MVP should have been the Giants Defensive line or Tyree. With out them, they would have gotten killed. Give Brady time and he will tear you apart. Eli did nothing special, getting out of the one tackle was good, but he just threw it up after that. Tyree's catch had nothing to do with Eli's skills.

If you learn to appreciate "DEFENSIVE SHUT UM DOWN BUST EM IN THE CHOPS" Football????????

You would have also liked watching the first 3 quarters...............

I thought about you yesterday Mike !!! How exciting for you ! I have to say, they were cheered on by many across the country yesterday . That was one of the best games I have watched !

That last drive..with every play, you could hear the cheers around our neighborhood ! (it was 78 here lol ..windows open ! )

Congrats to your team !

Sue

Thanks Sue, we had a blast watching the Giants do exactly what everyone was saying couldnt b done.

And watching prima dona Belichek head off the field before the game officially ended was worth its weight in gold........bye bye!

I'll email you later this week, looks like "brother of wicked" is a go for Oviedo.

Sorry, first 3 quarters neither defense looked like the 85 Bears. The played OK, but both offensive units made the defense look a lot better than they played. I already said the Giants line was great, but Brady looked awful.

Remember that the Patriots offense is the highest scoring unit in NFL history??????????

"Brady was bad because the Giants Defense MADE HIM LOOK BAD................

Remember that the Patriots offense is the highest scoring unit in NFL history??????????

"Brady was bad because the Giants Defense MADE HIM LOOK BAD................

I agree the Giants Defensive line put pressure that made him look bad, but even when he had no pressure he was awful. Maybe he was hurt more than we all thought, who knows, he was in a boot all week.

Patriots were the Highest scoring team in history, but if you watched them all year (I watched every game) they ran the score up like they were a College team, it was ridiculous. They would be up 20 points and got for it on 4 and 1 instead of kicking a field goal. They never ran the clock down, they would pass the entire 4th quarter even when they were up 20-30 points.

I agree the Giants Defensive line put pressure that made him look bad, but even when he had no pressure he was awful. Maybe he was hurt more than we all thought, who knows, he was in a boot all week.

Patriots were the Highest scoring team in history, but if you watched them all year (I watched every game) they ran the score up like they were a College team, it was ridiculous. They would be up 20 points and got for it on 4 and 1 instead of kicking a field goal. They never ran the clock down, they would pass the entire 4th quarter even when they were up 20-30 points.

I agree, and good reason to give the Giants "D" more credit for shuting down the

Patriots offense.

In Super Bowl Eighteen the Raiders Defense did the same thing making Joe Thiesman

and the Redskins entire Offense look "STUPID" in a Raider Blowout. And at that time

the Redskins had the highest scoring offence in NFL history.

I agree, and good reason to give the Giants "D" more credit for shuting down the

Patriots offense.

In Super Bowl Eighteen the Raiders Defense did the same thing making Joe Thiesman

and the Redskins entire Offense look "STUPID" in a Raider Blowout. And at that time

the Redskins had the highest scoring offence in NFL history.

HEY HEY HEY.....lets not start talking badly about my beloved Skins, unless you wanna talk bad about the owner, Snyder. Lets keep this conversation on how bad Brady and the Pats played.

HEY HEY HEY.....lets not start talking badly about my beloved Skins, unless you wanna talk bad about the owner, Snyder. Lets keep this conversation on how bad Brady and the Pats played.

Just stating "HISTERICAL" (oops) "HISTORICAL" facts my friend???????????

Just stating "HISTERICAL" (oops) "HISTORICAL" facts my friend???????????

Kinda like the Raiders record over the last 5 years......19-61...now thats a "Histerical" fact.

I love when teams have one good game and thats all they remember. Im sure the 1-15 dolphins think they great because they had an undefeated year, 36 years ago.

• 3 years later...

Archived