TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CarCapsule-Continuess Air Flow Vehicle Storage System

Grabber

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI

I would suggest removing the car cover while in the bubble.

The whole concept of the bubble is to have positive air flow.

The air enters thru the front of the bubble and exits thru the rear

ventilating the car in the process.

That cover inside the bubble may trap moisture under it.

And besides with the cover removed you can admire your car

while its in hibernation,

Alan

FYI

I would suggest removing the car cover while in the bubble.

The whole concept of the bubble is to have positive air flow.

The air enters thru the front of the bubble and exits thru the rear

ventilating the car in the process.

That cover inside the bubble may trap moisture under it.

And besides with the cover removed you can admire your car

while its in hibernation,

Alan

I thought that cover could breath ? I also wanted to protect the car when I rolled the plastic out on top of the car. Just trying to protect my finish.

Bubble011.jpg

I thought that cover could breath ? I also wanted to protect the car when I rolled the plastic out on top of the car. Just trying to protect my finish.

Bubble011.jpg

Rob,

I understand what your saying about protecting the finish.

If you can get someone to help you 2 people can put the top of the bubble over the car without scraping it. Lisa and I do it every year.

Just trying to help,

Alan

Rob,

I understand what your saying about protecting the finish.

If you can get someone to help you 2 people can put the top of the bubble over the car without scraping it. Lisa and I do it every year.

Just trying to help,

Alan

Good idea Alan. Next time I will get Peaches to help me.

• 3 weeks later...
Grabber...Is the car cover shown the "Factory" option cover? I had heard from another Forum member that they cause some scratching issues....

Just curious....If it isn't what Brand is it?

My 2007 did not have a car cover option. Not sure what one came with that option. I ordered mine from Ford. It has a Ford part number - The part number is FMC7R3Z19A412A. I have not had any scratching problems. I fold it into place and fold it as I take it off the car. I also blow the dust off the top of the cover occaisionally so the dust does not get on the inside of the cover as I fold it.

Now if you just yank it off and slide it into place with out taking caution, I guess you could put some swirl marks in your finish. If you are carefull....you should have no problems.

I was told by my distributor (I have an "Air Chamber") that I should not use a cover AND to leave the windows down to insure full air circulation. The great thing about these"bubbles" are that not only does is eliminate condensation (which causes rust) but they also eliminate dust, insects and rodents the down side is that they are PRICEY! but when you weigh the benefits they are definately worth the money. I was looking at the Car Capsule before I decided on the Air Chamber the benefit was that it becomes (once erected) a free-standing mini garage,all I have to do when I want to take the Shelby out for a spin is un-zip the "back door" then unzip the side door and pull the car out, when I return I just drive right in and button her back up. HOWEVER, there is a price to pay for this convenience and that is that it is about double the cost of a comparable Car Capsule. Considering what we have spent on these cars, $300-$700 is money well spent.

I was told by my distributor (I have an "Air Chamber") that I should not use a cover AND to leave the windows down to insure full air circulation. The great thing about these"bubbles" are that not only does is eliminate condensation (which causes rust) but they also eliminate dust, insects and rodents the down side is that they are PRICEY! but when you weigh the benefits they are definately worth the money. I was looking at the Car Capsule before I decided on the Air Chamber the benefit was that it becomes (once erected) a free-standing mini garage,all I have to do when I want to take the Shelby out for a spin is un-zip the "back door" then unzip the side door and pull the car out, when I return I just drive right in and button her back up. HOWEVER, there is a price to pay for this convenience and that is that it is about double the cost of a comparable Car Capsule. Considering what we have spent on these cars, $300-$700 is money well spent.

I would like to se a pic or a linky to the manufactures site.

I would like to se a pic or a linky to the manufactures site.

Sure thing, check out E-bay Item number: 260216892963. I got mine from a gentleman who sells on e-bay but bought it from him at the fall Carslile show in Carslile Pa. Great guy, I had some problems with the fan motors (it has 2) but he made sure to take care of me. If you like I can dig up a name and number.

Is this the unit you bought?

http://www.airflow-uk.com/air-chamber.htm

Sure thing, check out E-bay Item number: 260216892963. I got mine from a gentleman who sells on e-bay but bought it from him at the fall Carslile show in Carslile Pa. Great guy, I had some problems with the fan motors (it has 2) but he made sure to take care of me. If you like I can dig up a name and number.

Here's an outfit that sells them.

https://www.copperstarproducts.com/index.php?cPath=21#4

oh. . . my . . . GOD!

what. . . a . . . freak show.

please, get help. now.

:hysterical2:

LOL, it's just laziness on my part, my car looks just as good when I take it out in the spring as it did when I put it in before winter.

I have this same CarCapsule. Here in the Mid-West we have a season called WINTER, maybe you have heard of it. When it gets cold out the field mice tend to look for warmer places to stay until spring comes. Last fall I seen evidence of mice droppings in my trunk. The Mice were trying to get to my wax & micro fiber cleaning rags. I set a trap in the truck over night & the next morning I had the little "Micky" caught. Now you wouldn't think by having a mouse trap at all 4 wheels would allow one to get inside, but somehow they still managed to evade the traps around the perimeter of the car. For me, buying this carcapsule was a piece of mind knowing that I could seal out any varmits trying to make a home in my car or just looking to snack on some wires. Another benefit is after washing the car & then sealing it up inside the bubble removes any moisture left behind on the car & my rotors don't rust has like they have in the past after a wash.

• 4 weeks later...

I took my car out of the bubble yesterday and rolled it up and stuck it in the attic until next fall.

I spent 2 partial days detailing it and now it's under my cover waiting for the rain and sleet to stop.

She's got a new clutch and tranny and is ready to ride.......but for now, she sleeps.

Mods102.jpg

Mods103.jpg

Archived