TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My own faux gas cap

shelby1.JPGshelby2.JPG

Here's what I did today, along time ago a buddy of mine had a 89 NSX or CSX that was customized by Shelby. To make a long story short he cracked her up and I took the trunk emblem off and kept it, put it in a box somewhere in the garage. I knew I had that somewhere but I couldn't find it, I hadn't seen it in about 10 years. We moved in December and when I was cleaning out some boxes I found it! I knew I would it was just a matter of time. Anyway I just took some 3M double sided tape and put it on. This is only preliminary, I'd like to find a gas cap that didn't have any writing on it and put it on that. What do you guys think? Leave it or keep didleing.

shelby1.JPG

shelby2.JPG

post-10469-1202081394_thumb.jpgpost-10469-1202081428_thumb.jpg

Here's what I did today, along time ago a buddy of mine had a 89 NSX or CSX that was customized by Shelby. To make a long story short he cracked her up and I took the trunk emblem off and kept it, put it in a box somewhere in the garage. I knew I had that somewhere but I couldn't find it, I hadn't seen it in about 10 years. We moved in December and when I was cleaning out some boxes I found it! I knew I would it was just a matter of time. Anyway I just took some 3M double sided tape and put it on. This is only preliminary, I'd like to find a gas cap that didn't have any writing on it and put it on that. What do you guys think? Leave it or keep didleing.

NSX :banghead:

they are called "shelby csx-vnt" and they only made 500 of them. that trunk badge you have there is selling on ebay from 275 to 250 dollars depending on the condition. as you may have guessed i own one of these examples of shelbys ability to take a normal passenger car and turn it into a track/street terror. they had many firsts for a production car the most notable of which is composite rims (plastic and fiberglass) called fiberides that are stronger and lighter than alluminum rims. it was also the first production car to use a VNT(variable nosil turbo) yep the same tech. that porsche is using on there new performance motor.

The "CS" is my preference also over the snake. This makes more sense to me because we don't have any snakes on our cars, but we do have a CS plate on our dash. I think silver letter on black background...only "CS", nothing else...would look best.

You can't tell in the pictures, my stripes are gold, the trim on the emblem is gold, with blue CS and a black backround.

Archived