TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This post came from The Club Cobra Site

amyb

All,

I go to the club cobra site fairly often. They are all Cobra owners and re-creation, clone and kit car owners. But they all have a love of the cobra car. There is a lot of Carroll and kit car history there. Most not that good. But they have always seemed fair and just and when I have posted they gave me a fair and decent opportunity to reply .

Regardless of the opinions, passions, etc,they have always treated me/us well, I have thanked Brent for that and many of his moderators as well. He runs a good site. The members have the same passion as we do, maybe more.

Anyway, while I was there tonight, I saw the "tribute to Carroll" thread and how it has stayed clean and focused thru all the recent turmoil and issues. The last post was really an eye opener for me. I copied it here and hope Brent or Mr GlynMeek won't mind

GlynMeek

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green

Perhaps Teddy Roosevelt said it best...

"It is not the critic who counts, or how the strongman stumbled and fell, or where the doer of deeds could have done better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, and who spends himself in a worthy cause.

If he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that he may never be one of those cold and timid souls, who know neither victory nor defeat. "

As someone said earlier, there is always a surfeit of critics for any GREAT man, but Carroll Shelby WAS in the arena, KNEW great enthusiasms, spent himself in a worthy cause, knew victory and defeat and inspired THOUSANDS of us!

Well done sir!

Whether you like him, hate him, curse him, he does deserve respect for his accomplishments, none of us would have cars to love and dream of, Jobs to love and appreciate, registries to keep, if it wasn't for Carroll's life and accomplishments. I am sure many will disagree, but how can you? we would have none of this without him.

Amy

Well said...it always seems to be some sideliner that touts the failures of our heroes.

From humble beginnings CS carved out legendary accomplishments, changed Motorsports forever, has had a profound effect on generations of car enthusiasts......I say....revere the man. .....for not only living the dream but allow us to share in it.

Thank you Mr. Shelby.

All,

I go to the club cobra site fairly often. They are all Cobra owners and re-creation, clone and kit car owners. But they all have a love of the cobra car. There is a lot of Carroll and kit car history there. Most not that good. But they have always seemed fair and just and when I have posted they gave me a fair and decent opportunity to reply .

Regardless of the opinions, passions, etc,they have always treated me/us well, I have thanked Brent for that and many of his moderators as well. He runs a good site. The members have the same passion as we do, maybe more.

Anyway, while I was there tonight, I saw the "tribute to Carroll" thread and how it has stayed clean and focused thru all the recent turmoil and issues. The last post was really an eye opener for me. I copied it here and hope Brent or Mr GlynMeek won't mind

GlynMeek

Cobra Make, Engine: Lonestar Classics, 302 stroked to 347; Metallic British Racing Green

"It is not the critic who counts, or how the strongman stumbled and fell, or where the doer of deeds could have done better.

The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotion, and who spends himself in a worthy cause.

If he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that he may never be one of those cold and timid souls, who know neither victory nor defeat. "

As someone said earlier, there is always a surfeit of critics for any GREAT man, but Carroll Shelby WAS in the arena, KNEW great enthusiasms, spent himself in a worthy cause, knew victory and defeat and inspired THOUSANDS of us!

Well done sir!

Whether you like him, hate him, curse him, he does deserve respect for his accomplishments, none of us would have cars to love and dream of, Jobs to love and appreciate, registries to keep, if it wasn't for Carroll's life and accomplishments. I am sure many will disagree, but how can you? we would have none of this without him.

Amy

You'll get no argument here, Amy. IMO, Carroll Shelby (and now SAI) has taken mustangs to a level that Jack Rousch and Steve Saleen could only dream of. A Shelby has always been my dream car-now I have one and couldn't be happier. I am proud to say I have a Shelby in the garage--and you are correct none of them would be here without THE MAN!

I am not necessarily a Carroll fan but think of the great cars we would not have had without him. I am a fan of all of those.

The Shelby Falcon's before the Mustang

The famous GT 350 and the GT 500

The famous Cobra roadsters

The Daytona coupe

All of the others that Carroll had some hand in developing? A huge list.

No, like him or not, he has given the car enthusiasts the world over great joy, fun and excitement. You cannot fault the man for that.

Disclaimer: Carnut has no association with or has been paid anything by Carroll Shelby et al. This is a purely unsolicted comment made of Carnut's own free will and belief without duress or compensation of any kind.

I am not necessarily a Carroll fan but think of the great cars we would not have had without him. I am a fan of all of those.

The Daytona coupe

No, like him or not, he has given the car enthusiasts the world over great joy, fun and excitement. You cannot fault the man for that.

Disclaimer: Carnut has no association with or has been paid anything by Carroll Shelby et al. This is a purely unsolicted comment made of Carnut's own free will and belief without duress or compensation of any kind.

Exactly how I feel...well put carnut. :rockon:

Dont forget, a loveable cranky old man and a Hella Race Car Driver! Carroll just goes for it even at 85. He inspires me as I have had a heart by-pass and sometimes feel down about it, then I think of Carroll being the oldest and longest living heart transplanter in the World! Most impressive to say the least! Sudden.

The Daytona coupe

:hysterical2: Love the Disclaimer! :hysterical:

As I say, Take a step in his shoes. Total Respect for Carroll Shelby. :happy feet:

Well said...it always seems to be some sideliner that touts the failures of our heroes.

From humble beginnings CS carved out legendary accomplishments, changed Motorsports forever, has had a profound effect on generations of car enthusiasts......I say....revere the man. .....for not only living the dream but allow us to share in it.

Thank you Mr. Shelby.

+1000

"If you're catching flak, you must be over the target!"

+1000

"If you're catching flak, you must be over the target!"

I couldn't agree more. I have to admit when I first started getting into cars I was a Corvette fanatic. It wasn't until I attended my first Mustang show in 1977 (at the age of 10) and saw the Shelby Mustang that I became a Ford fanatic. I only wish I was old enough back then to have bought them all up!

:headspin:

Amy,

I also posted on that thread on the club cobra site and wondered at the time, would Carroll actually read any of those tributes that were written from the heart by so many admirers of him and his cars? Maybe he should.

thanks, He does read these, and unfortunately he reads all the other stuff as well.....lol

He and his accomplishements are what legends are made of. He is a legend.

Amy

• 3 weeks later...

Well done sir!

This is a great quote. It is called Man in the arena and it is required memorization for all Freshman at the US Naval Academy. That was almost 4 years ago and I could still repeat this quote. Carroll definitely is marred with sweat and blood and he gets to know that he is not one of those cold souls

thanks, He does read these, and unfortunately he reads all the other stuff as well.....lol

He and his accomplishements are what legends are made of. He is a legend.

Amy

+1, thanks to all at SAI. From the Man (Carroll) to the guys at the garage. There is no I in TEAM...Thank you all....

The 1994 to 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby's that my company created are designed to pay "TRIBUTE" to him for all he has done for the Automotive World. I was originally only going to build just one (for myself) but as I was designing it I liked how it was turnning out that I decided to try and market it. After working with CS Attorney's for about 18 Months, I received a Contract from Shelby American Licensing (now Carroll Shelby Licensing). CS has done more great things then most people will ever know. Keep the Good Times Rolling Amy.

David.

As every single owner here knows, a real "Shelby" has an aura associated with it. From kids to grammas, almost everybody knows that those six letters mean something extraordinary, and every time you take that car out you hear about it. It's a badass car, for sure, but there's lot's of those out there. There's only a few "Shelbys".

I'm in awe at the impact that this one gentleman has had on the collective conciousness of our society. We are a society shaped by the automobile, and Carroll Shelby has literally shaped the automobile. If you don't think so, check and see if any other manufacturers are trying to do what Shelby and Ford (with an assist from Hertz) have already done.

Regardless of anybody's opinion, Mr. Shelby's accomplishments speak for themselves. To some degree we owe him for the cars we drive, the lifestyle that comes with those cars, the friends, the mods we purchase, and a good number of folks owe him for their very livelihoods.

The attention and respect we get simply for being a Shelby owner is just a reflection of the attention and respect that our society has for the real Carroll Shelby. I hope he knows that, and I'm really proud to drive one of his cars, and even more so to have met him.

-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Amy, thanks for posting this over from club cobra, I'm a member there and am building a cobra replica,

I have been a fan of Carrolls for years. He is probably the most famous person from Camp county, and living just a few mile from his place as a youngster and seeing his cars develope was probably the most influence to me becoming a car nut (other than my Dad ,who was a Carroll fan also). I wanted a Shelby since the first one I ever saw, now I have a 2007 SGT and a replica being built of a 427SC. You are very lucky to be working and conected to this inspiring man and hope you enjoy your job. seems that you like Shelbys from your list of cars

Thanks again for letting Tean Shelby members know that we are proud of "Ole Shel"

stangden

Archived